South Park: The Stick of Truth

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dark_surge, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah it's amusing and cool and good fun so far - about 2 hours of play - but the gameplay does feel mechanically slight in my opinion. I can easily see the combat getting dull very quickly as there's little depth to it. Feels kind of like a mobile/tablet game really due to the intentionally cheap 2D art and I wouldn't be surprised to see it released as such in a few months. Possibly not really worth £30 (and at £40, definitely not!) as there is no replayability according to many reviews. 7/10 from me so far though as it is making me smile more than most so called comedy games and it does at least feel like South Park brought to life.

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i dont know your point on it becoming a mobile game is entirely possible but i much prefer turn based combat in RPG's, FF7 and 10 are 2 of my favourite RPGs simply because the combat is nice and relaxed.
    On depth of the combat, i think its decent enough when you get more abilities and characters to swap in or out, im only about 5 hours in so cant say if that will hold or not. I would give it an 8.5/10 so far, its really a nice and chilled game to play.

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    im about 3 hours in! Loving it so far! Being a massiev south park fan, no surprise there! I couldnt get into combat at all at first, but unstoppable now :) Havent even met Kyle or Stan yet!

I know what you mean about £40 pounds price tag, that is quite steep. £30 is perfect, they should have done something like Walking Dead strategy with few episodes. If its successful maybe we will see another game!

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

The first time I summoned Jesus I just about fell out of my chair with laughter. I love this game.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm getting annoyed with the combat. I don't know if I just don't have the right weapon/buddy combinations but I failed the unfriend quest like 10 times before I finally gave up.

I must say though that overall this is probably my GOTY. I think this will be hard to beat for me. Some of the stuff I've seen is just so ridiculously funny.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Jimmy works pretty well with that fight, at least with a Thief. Broken bottle ranged weapon is pretty nice for it also.

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The Al Gore fight is easily one of the hardest fights in the game.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I only have Butters and Kenny at the moment and i prefer Butters. Also it was kind of crap at first, but then i found Mongolian bow, some kind of a magic staff, so its much better now!

Its pure fun and funny!

Loved the part when you become dragon born and learn dragon shouts(farts)

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I clocked it at 15 hours, and I wanted more.
    The combat looks like it could become repetitive, but as you unlock new moves, new side characters... and new moves for them... it keeps the gameplay more interesting.
    Specially as you start facing stronger enemies, who are immune to certain attacks.

I tried pretty much all the characters, but spent the majority of the game with Butters. He just seemed like the best person to take into a fight with you.

10. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    :D

[​IMG]

11. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Try not to drink hot coffee when you summon Mr Slave.

BTW anyone else find pooping hard?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Im using a 360 controller and havent really had a hard time pooping at all.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

stasis effect and coffee 2x bull charge him at the start to nerf his armor. then burning weapons and hammer him each turn, throw poo, use butters professor chaos attacks, w/e few bull rushes and m my batarang weapon that hit foes mutltiple times and stacked burning he died fast even but before that i fought him about a bunch of didfferent ways the bull rush seems the key else he just regens too fast and takes too little damage.

glad this game is doing well though good for obsidian i mean great for them they get so much hate for making broken but good games. glad they hit one out of the park nevermind one that had such a long and troubled developement cycle gg obsidian.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

I fully agree with this. I love Obsidian, and really don't feel they get as much credit as they deserve. It's nice to see them doing so well, one of the last major RPG focused studios left that hasn't went to shat/sold out.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I think you both need help.

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    His using the Xbox controller I would be more worried about him. When I try it with my keyboard its really hard.

Anyone know if they plan on any story based DLCs as that would be kind of cool like episodes kind of thing.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol actually I find it harder on gamepad then on keyboard xD

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Prefer to play with a Xbox pad for this game.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Me too, I only meant the poop part lol

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, that bit and a sequence in a boss fight [spoilers]Kyle's leaf blower[/spoiler]...

I played the game on my 360, and damn. You really have to hammer away on it.