Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  2. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Graphics got dumbed down so hard, it almost looks another game. WHY??

3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The graphical downgrade is crystal clear but that does not make the claims of this "insider" any less dubious.
    As per usual Ubisoft took advantage of the next-gen hype in 2012 and the game is not shaping up to live up to people's expectations.
    They have only themselves to blame : you reap what you sow.

Cross-gen is holding back videogame development but visually there is no reason why a next-gen SKU should not look heaps and bound better than its last-gen counterpart.

Ubisoft is not known to let high-end PCs flex their muscles in terms of asset quality hence why I'm expecting all next-gen versions to look very, very close.
    I fell for the graphics hype myself and now I can only admit the game does not look very "next-geny", I do not have any reason to believe the PC version will come anywhere close to the original unveiling.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I believe what he told cos he gave me insight on another game 2 years ago, which happend to be exactly as he said.

Now he said they had to cut a lot of things, etc. and when you look at that comparision and he actually saw and played the game, one year ago already. And one year ago he also told his opinion which was sightly better than now. ;)

5. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I still don't believe any of this. ;)

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Damn, that is a shame.

Some of the stuff looks similar, or even a little better but most of the really good looking stuff from the old trailer now looks much worse.

Who knows, maybe the game will get better looking nearer to release, that is an old build and even at the PS4 launch they were running the game on a PC instead of a PS4.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    they did the same thing in far cry 3 when they dumbed down the shader rendering, if only we can have far cry 3 shown at E3, man it's like cartooney graphics vs realistic movie.
    they are doing the same in watch dogs, u can see the shader dumb down clearly, plus the shadows...

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The game releases on May, what we're seeing there is most likely final build.

And it does not look too hot.

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Faces and smoke are way better in current build.But particles/debris are way worse.As for the lightning system, we'll see when it gets released.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    We thought Ubisoft had actually learned a lesson from its continued barrage of bullshots prior to the release of its new AAA titles and both Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Assassin's Creed 4 lived up to their initial promise graphically so why backtrack on a game like Watch Dogs? From the moment we all wondered what the game was we were being shown at E3 we've all come to expect a true next gen looking title in line with what next gen should look like in a realistic fashion so the fact the game was both delayed and now looks so dissimilar to what we were shown previous is a bit of a double blow. But then knowing there was a PS3 and 360 version in the works too it's easy to be fairly naive when it comes to Ubisoft and people so easily are let's face it. I'll still keep my pre-order though as my last two Ubisoft purchases have paid off as I said, I'll take a gamble with this one I guess.

All the backlash going round and people saying Ubisoft are not happy with the reception the new trailer received is hardly surprising now though is it.

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Its being released on the Wii U, I even recall the director saying that it would be focused towards PC gamers. Thus I am expecting a wide variety of physics and graphics across platforms.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  15. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Old - well 2013 footage. If it looked like that I don't think anyone would be too disappointed

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Looks decent enough. Unfortunately chances are the final build won't even be on par with this.

Ubisoft earned the cynicism regarding their productions.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I thought far cry 3 and assassins creed4 were excellent.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  19. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I don`t even want to imagine what they will to with The Division...

20. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    I preordered it from these guys https://www.g2a.com/ for great price. Hope UBs don't f*** this game badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.