Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I will give it another go this Saturday then! Didnt really enjoy it last time.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Me 2.

If someone wants to send me an email address (well it says forward email) or a code have been given an invite friend extra code.

Oh and I will make a few comments on the game as I see fit and will ignore any nda bs thrown in my direction.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hm, if I didn't have to download the 20bg+ client again, I would have given it a go. I might still try it, depends on how busy my weekend is.

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    You still need a beta code?

anyone downloading the client noticed that its has two ESO directory's, maybe they are splitting the EU/US client or something? didn't have this in the past

The Elder Scrolls Online 21.4Gb
    The Elder Scrolls Online EU 21.4Gb

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    nah i got given a friend invite code was what I was trying to say..in theory my orignal code still works (well did last 2 times).

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The NDA is lifted now fyi, so say whatever you like about it. ;) Also for those of you in the EU - this weekend test is for the NA server only. Now you can play but you have to choose the NA server --- otherwise you will have a huge download and not be able to play with it.

This beta will be largely the same build as the last one, but with a focus on improved stability and shorter ques (or none at all). The next build is a HUGE bunch of changes, fixes and improvements, including Collision Detection for PvE. Something that players have been asking for over many months. Once again, that will be for the next Beta, not the current one this weekend. The patch notes for that build are on Reddit as well as many fan sites if you want to look them up.

7. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    that's answers why I had two installs of it

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    another beta after this one? that surely is a good thing and nice to see!

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    For anyone in the EU that's having trouble and/or wants to be sure you can play this weekend.... From ZOS Support:

I CHANGED MY REGION TO EUROPE AND HAD TO INSTALL A NEW VERSION OF THE GAME. DO I HAVE TO INSTALL THE GAME AGAIN IN ORDER TO PLAY IN THIS BETA?
    Updated 02/26/2014 09:22 AM Published 02/24/2014 11:50 AM
    If players downloaded the European version of the beta client by accident, they can still take part in the current beta. The steps are listed below.

Windows users:

Click "Settings" (marked by a cogs symbol) in the top right corner of the launcher.
    Change the region to "United States" and click "Apply."
    Exit the launcher and locate the client's install folder (most often C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online).
    Rename the folder "The Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" to "The Elder Scrolls Online."
    Open the launcher to ensure your region is still set to "United States" in Settings, and that you can access the North American server.
    Mac users:

Click "Settings" (marked by a cogs symbol) in the top right corner of the launcher.
    Change the region to "United States" and click "Apply."
    Exit the launcher and locate the client's install folder (Navigate to "Finder", then click "Application" and finally "Zenimax Online").
    Rename the folder "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" to "The Elder Scrolls Online."
    Open the launcher to ensure your region is still set to "United States" in Settings, and that you can access the North American server.
    Players should contact customer service if they have any further issues downloading the client or connecting to the beta server.

Or the link since the formatting is messed up here:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5836

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've heard it was Elf only in the early beta's, that's not the case anymore right?

What race starts in the desert? cause i LOVE desert zones. :D

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Gamespot.com is giving away beta keys to everyone who enters their email address until they run out. Go go!

12. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    As far as I know it was never limited to any specific race.

Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs start in a desert zone and will have more desert type areas as you level up farther too. That's the Daggerfall Covenant fyi. If you pre-order you can play any Race in any Alliance too.

13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    AFAIK, they have said nothing about next beta. The build you speak of is for the PTS test group which have nothing to do with the Stress Beta Weekend. NDA is not lifted for the PTS also, but it is semi lifted as PTS tester said they are now permit to admit they are in the PTS they can mention about the said patch note.

14. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    NDA not lifted?

Than why this message on my beta invitation mail?

We encourage you to post the best screenshots and videos from your adventure! You're not required to follow a Non-Disclosure Agreement during this test, so share your favorite moments with the world.

So we cant stream ESO on twitchtv also?

Thanks.

15. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    NDA has been lifted for this beta session as written, so you can stream.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    My friends i gave my beta key to when it started said they could only select an Elf, weird.

But glad that it is not the case anymore.

17. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Erm, the PTS is another tester group which the 'next build' elder mentioned is for, they are still under NDA. No NDA for Stress Beta Weekend which we all get.

Nevermind, a PTS user just said that the NDA is now lifted few hours ago but still cant stream high level content until Friday.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  18. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    why is the download window shoing only 22% when i have only 8GB left on the download? that's weird.

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    PDNH4C9XEXCRP93TXW5D

for anyone who wants it.

Also 2 friend invite keys.

RRLMHRRDHFPAMKKL96WE

7XFNN9K3FED7FPR7PP99

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  20. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Probably because it still needs to install it after if finishes the download.