Thief Mantle Support Not shipping with game - MIGHT HAVE GUESSED lol

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Feb 23, 2014.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Mantle has been in development for 2 years, according to AMD.

Since March 2013, they've been saying DirectX has no future. Here are some articles related to that subject.

Why would it ship with the 290X, btw?

2. exodus1337

exodus1337 Member

I was wondering why the graphics and textures looked so dated LOL UT3 Engine.. come onnnnnn what a joke.. yeah UT3 engine def. needs mantle support LMAO... what the F is this world coming 2.. Where is HL3 and counter strike source 2... LOL.. Please change the thread title to HL3 release date. Someone please get on this as soon as possible.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well that's what they said in the press conference/launch thingy about the 290 and 290x...

at least i am pretty sure they did. there was a whole line in pr/marketing....(indian chap mostly. think he's amd tech director).

maybe hilbert has it saved on file...not that i would want to sit and watch it again :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    not even crossfire let alone mantle..

5. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    I guess everyone missed this today?

Terry Makedon ***8207;@CatalystMaker 4h
    I think tomorrow seems like a good day for a Catalyst 14.2 beta. Agree?

aka Tuesday Feb 25th. :)

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well i have just tested out thief ..... japan VPN :D lol
    and the sound quality is ok but thats about it....

as for the optimizations the game runs pretty terrible on my system when all maxed out 1125/1425 7950s. crossfire does work though, i get around 60fps vsync`d @3440x1440.... with dips in the low 40s though when that happens im pretty much stuttering there.....
    99% usage on one card and 92% on the other sometimes there both pegged
    and HOLY **** at the stuttering this game produces.
    its a stutter fest lol, good news is downsampling works and multimon resolutions work ultra widescreen suppport is there ;)

14.1 beta clearly is not optimized for thief... but i dont know why it should be fine but its not.... something must be wrong with my system... ohh no it cant be the game can it a AMD/ATI optimized game that does not work with AMD/ATI graphics cards properly ohh that cant be the case can it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Hopefully tomorrow's 14.2 Beta's will have some optimization fixes for it.

8. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    **** this game man no support for CF and Nvidia user playing with SLI.Nice done AMD.

9. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    " We’re happy to say that the AMD CrossFire™ technology and AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology will be fully functional when THIEF launches on the 25th February in North America and 28th February in Europe and other associated territories. "

Seems pretty clear that CFX is supported at launch. :stewpid:

10. LeeKM

LeeKM Guest

GPU:
    HD7970M
    Laptop users laughed. :thumbup:

***AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle***

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

11. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    maybe on next beta drivers, but not on current ones

12. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Crossfire does not work for me

13. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I think none of the current drivers have Crossfire support, with 13.12 Crossfire was also disabled for me.

I don't really care about Mantle in Thief, but I think TrueAudio would have added a lot to this game.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    well crossfire works for me 2x 7950s with 14.1 beta`s in thief.
    though there are massive isues with the game.
    text in the game for me is garbled on the menus and in game missing letters and stuff in words.
    with massive stuttering...... i have 16gb of memory and 3gb cards i should this game should not be a stutter fest. what a waste of money...

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Catalyst 14.2 BETA Is All About Thief :-

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/34034-catalyst-142-beta-is-all-about-thief

16. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I gave up on 14.1 beta 1_6, too buggy. I can easily tell Crossfire is not working since the bottom card lights up a green led on the backside when in ULPS and it was on during gaming. I tested the game only a little bit last night with the magic of a Japan VPN, played only the tutorial and ran the benchmark a couple of times and did not encounter any of the issues you mention. Maybe revert to 13.12?

A single 290 seems to have some trouble keeping up at 1920 x 1080 maxed so I am waiting for the new Thief drivers. hoping they will not suck as much as 14.1.

And hopeffuly that Mantle and TrueAudio patch will come out before I finish the game, lol.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I think any game would be better with mantle even if it's not that demanding will just help to smoothen it all out and to make people with really low end cards able to play the game.

19. tp2west21

tp2west21 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper b5
    Can't say anything bad about the game, as a casual gamer i find it amusing however my eyes fail me whenever i play a first person style game, i can only play for an hour and then i get dizzy afterwards. I am running it on my r7 260x on high settings,
    minimum fps i got is 14, max at 61 and averaging around 56 fps.

Im using an old catalyst 13.10 driver, i tried installing 14.1 but over the 15 so times i tried installing it with every possible way, it just always fail installation, i went down to a fresh 13.12 copy and i started getting flicking lines, so i went back to the driver that was included with the card.

Its a good game, well for getting it free... i really don't have any complains...

I just wish there where more games like red alert or command and conquer RTS games nowadays...

Nothing compares to the good old games...

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Try clean OS installation. I by the chance did clean install and 1st driver on that was 13.12. Then over that 14.1b6 and now 14.2b3.
    Install without problem.