Thief 4 First Screenshot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Played a bit more, just feels like I'm going through the motions so far. Sneak past guard, take "loot" blah blah... eh. Not satisfying in the slightest.

Maybe it gets better after the second chapter, but I'm not very impressed so far. Also the game has this REALLY ANNOYING bug where it won't let you drop down off certain things for ages until you position yourself just right.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    from the totalbiscuit review looks ok but am gonna pick it up on sale plus i did see the ending which was terrible and kinda spoiled it. (oops).

3. ryoohki360

ryoohki360 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/GTX660TI/2GIG
    1440p here, Running maxed out, except SSAA to LOW and FXAA OFF. running from 60 to 90fps, there are weird frame drops when they are lightning for no reason and real time story and benchmark are wayyyyyyyyyyyy slower. I'am playing at 70fps, then there's a cutscene and it's dropping to 45fps, then back into the character and 70fps. Maybe it's a audio synch on their part, i know they do that sometime (does that in CastleVania Lord of shadow 2 demo too and it's the same engine).

I'am on a 3770 and a 780 OC from gigabytes (+70 on CORE, +425 on memory)

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Castlevania 2 uses a in-house engine by MercurySteam (Mercury engine?) whereas Thief uses Unreal Engine 3 (Sometimes also called 3.5 now.) although customized heavily. :)

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Game uses all my 2 GB of my card amazing graphiks

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    They could have made the world more seamless if had been designed for the next-gen systems (plus PC) and I've no doubt that the A.I. could have been more advanced. How can a game not be hindered by having to squeezed into eight year old consoles with 512 MB of memory in total? :puke2:

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    how much vram take game maxout 1080p?

8. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    2300~ish.

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    [​IMG]

i have only 2000 mb meh time to nvidia make at least 4 gb video memory

10. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
    I can't really understand from ryoohki's post... How is the benchmark performance compared to actual in-game performance?

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  12. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    The game runs great with a r9 270x @ 1165/1550 at 1920x1080 maxed out.

Benchmark gives me like ~44 frames but since the game has such slow pace, doesn´t matter to not have 60fps.

13. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Benchmark doesn't seem to represent in game for some reason, much heavier.
    Forced high quality AO in ctrl panel and the games looks stunning when you get to the free roam sections, some of the best night time lighting and shadows I have seen.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont get it. dont know how but in some Turkish forums , people claims they played unlegit version and game scks balls. is it ? damn man :( i go for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 then ;/

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Oh yeah. Some ppl on the internet claim something, it must be the truth then and nothing to do with personal taste! ;)

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Eurogamer have long since fallen into the area of "crap" reviews IMO.
    When they blasted FEAR 2 for turret sections, a level on a train... and other FPS standards... then praised Killzone 2 for the same crap.

Honestly, it seems more in line for Eurogamer to hate a game and the rarity for them to ever publish anything positive.

Sorry, but enemy AI hasn't been the same since FEAR. FEAR beat Crysis to the gate, and IMO... they are much more fun to fight.

Really? Are you so desperate for gratification that you have to give it to yourself?

17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Game looks really quite good to me. Many more positives than negatives.

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I'd like to ask if all the shadows are in real time or if it's like in every UE 3 game, where some are RT and others (the most part often) static. From what I've seen it looks like a mix, who's playing can confirm?

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    While I'm still holding on judgement, it does seem like the weaker reviews are coming from the shoddier review sites (IGN, Eurogamer) tbh.

20. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    This game runs great for me. The benchmark has lower FPS than in game. Benchmark gave me 45 average FPS (all maxed out, except SSAA on low and FXAA off, becose i hate that crap, it blures everything) And in game im getting stable 60 FPS, with few FPS drops to 50s.