My mom passed away

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    on the 18th of february 2014, my mom passed away after 6 month battle with a gastrointestinal lymphoma, the doctors started her on chemotherapy which seemed to improve her symptoms and she stopped vomiting, she started eating better only to then develop massive aversion to almost all food, she became very anorexic, she couldn't stand or walk almost anymore, she couldn't really see, she couldn't hear and during the last couple of days she also suffered random memory loss.

turned out the diagnosis was completely wrong from the start , it was actually a sneaky pancreatic lymphoma, she went into a coma, rushed to the intensive care where doctors played heroes trying to save her but she just died 4 hours later right there, she was 67 years old and i was there with her through it all never left her alone, i'm not sure what's worse, to watch her slip away slowly or her actual death.

i doubt there's anything more painful in life than this except maybe the loss of a son, i'm sure this goes for everyone not just and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

i'll be strong and hang in there and i do apologise if i'm posting this as i got no one to talk to, i used to live with my mom and she used to fill my life but now i'm completely alone.

one thing i do want to say, cherish every second with your own mom, one day she'll be gone and you'll wish she was there to tell her things you never said, you can change a thousand wives and have lots of kids through a lifetime, but your mom is unique and cannot be replaced with anybody else, she's your diamond, love her above everything else.

r.i.p mom.

2. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    sorry to hear man,rip to yo moms

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    true mom is only one, i lost many people that i loved through my life, but no one as important and unique as my mom. sorry to hear about your loss, wish you the best.

Despite all your mom legacy and memories will always live on.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im sorry to hear of your loss Year! I wish you all the strength in the world right now. rip to your mom

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont know what to say man, sorry about you mom. RIP :(

Though nope, not quite. You got Guru3d :D

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah you are never alone Year!

7. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    sorry dude. cant say much to comfort you as nothing anyone says will help much.

All i can say is hand in there and cherish the fact she was with you. Mourn her passing,but focus on the good times you had with her.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    thank you very much, truly with all my heart. :)

that's true, life will always go on until it doesn't.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sorry to hear that :(. R.I.P

Maybe i am talking wrong forgive me but an age of 64 years is good. i lost my mom at 48 years old. due cancer. suffered alot for 1 year. and many little bad bad bad memories and details.

Dont know. some times , think that even the way u die is very important. iam so afraid to die the way my mom passed away.
    :...(

i am so sorry for you man. and please forgive me if i talked odd.

10. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    It's very sad to read this and I feel very sorry for you. The loss of a parent is sad but the loss of a parent that was a life partner is unforgiving.

Nothing can ease that pain or loss but time. Not just time in the sense of the overwhelming sadness, but in time you will stop staring at her usual seat in the living room, her smell will fade from the house and you will distance yourself from trying to imagine her voice whenever she was in her element. Obviously you DO need to do all these things because you know she definitely would've wanted to be missed by you..

These were the things I noticed when my dad passed away and it was the worst time of my whole existence. I know you are very sad now and you feel utterly alone and lost because the only true link you had to this world is now gone. You know death comes for all of us and if you are really lucky then one day you will have someone that feels this way when you pass.

I often wish I saved one of my dads worn shirts in a bag or air tight container just so I can smell him again today.

I feel very emotional after reading your words and I hope you find comfort in time. Take it one moment at a time, soon all the decisions and arrangements will have to be made so be strong and make sure you think everything through..

Best wishes to you!

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    That sucks. Hope you get better soon.
    I am lucky I won't have to go through that, I haven't seen my mom since I was 4 or 5

12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^ this

I'm honestly sorry for your loss Year, but try to stay positive because she is now at some better place for sure, without pain and suffering, watching you from above. I'm sure she would be happy to see you continuing your life happy even without her.

Just don't stay at home alone whole day thinking about things you've never did with her or things you didn't told her. Find someone to talk to and spend time with, that could ease your pain. Find yourself a little puppy to spend time with, spring is comming...

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This, great idea. Just having someone/thing to take care of and making noise around the house.

Plus they do stupid stuff and its always a laugh.

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I feel for you man, be happy you had her.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I am really sorry to hear about your moms passing year.
    Just keep your head on straight It will not be easy but she will always be with you.

16. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm sorry to hear that, friend. Remember all the great memories you had together.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Went through pretty much the same thing with my father 7 years ago. You never really are able to get over it but you do learn to cope with the loss. You seem to be just as close with your mother as I was with my father. I am truly sorry for you loss. The only condolences I could ever give is that at least she is no longer in pain.

RIP mother of Year you will be missed by all that you touched in life.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    RIP.

I know I would be devastated if my mum died.

19. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I am very sorry to hear that Year. I can fully understand your situation and what you are going through at the moment.
    I had a similar incident 2 years ago with my dad, when i very small wound on his leg wouldn't heal.
    Doctors took a small sample to analyze it and it turned out to be cancer.Upon hearing the diagnosis we where all shocked (Me my mom and dad,Just us 3 as i am an only child).
    He had to have a small operation to remove it and thankfully it had not spread at all.
    Doctors gave us instructions to regularly (once a month) go for CAT scans to ensure that it is ok.
    Guess what after 6 months of scans which turned out clean actually weren't.
    The doctor was diagnosing them wrong and the infection had spread to a point where an operation was not possible.
    It only took 6 months until his death at the age of 54 and watching him slowly dying in the worst possible way not being able to do anything about it is the worst thing that can happen to anyone.
    Me and my dad where very close as you where with your mom and i had nobody else as i am not married and have any kids.
    As Clawedge said we cant say much to comfort you as nothing anyone says will help much at the moment as it still is very early since her death but take note to everyones posts as it will help you in the long run.

Once again i am very sorry for your loss and try to stay strong,time is the only cure.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^
    Thats harsh man:(, are these doctors using google and best guesses to diagnose people or something?