xbox one and resolution

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drbaltazar, Feb 10, 2014.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    The replies to that artical are pure comedy gold, so much loyalty for few bits of plastic and wires. lol

2. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    When was the last time you met a dev optimize code so read and write happen simultaneously ? This important ! Why because band with goes from 100 something without it .but if dev do read and write simultaneously ?you 100 read ans 100write or double !thats one part ! Also .dev use esram the wrong way .they literally force Feed their old bad coding into xb1 .I bet if ms just reverse engineer a AAA title , the futur halo .ms coder will be like : ok guys this is a perfect example to no learn.it isn't the first time ms get screwed by dev .64 bit ? I saw one or two original title made in 64 bit, donnybrook?still sleeping in a virtual warehouse :dev say ?it isn't possible so dev decided what ms say is impossible,remote differential compression .this has been avail for what a decade ?only ms know how use it,and ton of other hardware maker flatelly refuse to move from default setting (legacy setting) and now its happening again in console ,ms had to release a techno probably intended to be released in 2 or 3 Years (for uhd )now its being released because dev cannot understand how xb1work or refuse ,ms will literally have to send xb1creator to ms dev and make them work together to show off to the dev community how its done .did you see how many video ms put out each week on channel 9 ! Ms is literally spoonfeeding programmer !not on the elitist stuff! The first rung of the lather just so they stop breaking the internet or the program

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No offence man but are you using google translate or something? I can not understand a word of what you just said.

I just had a breakthrough reading the comments. The reason they 86ed the name XBOX720 is it tells everyone that they aim for 720p. XBOX720p :banana:

4. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Mind blown. ;)

I really do hope something good comes of the new dev kit though. I've read in places that devs are seemingly complaining that they might even have to do things called "tiling" and whatnot to be successful with the xbox one, as if it were some incredibly distant and complicated process.

I guess MS didn't sell the idea of DirectX 11.2 and it's tiled resources very well to the gamemakers? I don't know, I guess I was just surprised by the stance developers seem to be taking.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I prefer the PS console myself, though i do hope they are going to go ahead with that new dev kit, if only because i can see that if they dont, then in the near future MS will be paying devs stupid amounts to prioritize the xbox versions by not adding anything special the PS version (such as 60fps/1080 or higher textures).

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Considering the Xbox 360 had a similar setup with eDRAM, I can't see the problem being with devs not being able to take advantage of the eSRAM available on Xbox One, as that article said, it's just not quite large enough to do what they want it to do it seems.

7. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Remember most devs are still in the PS360/ dx9 era. You would think that they follow updates in rendering technology... but they might not and need time to catch up. Who knows?

8. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    I ll repeat again!the engineer at ms made one mistake they tried to minimize interrupt . but it is the wrong thing to do with this design http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-complete-xbox-one-interview the ms engineer say it themselves in this interview 2 interrupt per frame . with a esram that read and write simultaneously? Really ? If ms engineer revisit this part and play a bit I suspect the optimal value will not be 2 interrupt per frame .

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Simple fact of the matter is in the inferior console that costs more, thats the top and down of it.

Since the specs have been released ive stated the ps4 would be faster to all my mates, to which i got slated, strange considering non of them know anything about pc's but there you go, i dont think it matters alot as the games will dictate which one does well and not the resolution the run at but considering it supposed to be next gen and the "one" it dont do the best job at running games which defeats the purpose for me, i couldnt care it if does tv or links into my sky box, zero f**** given.

We should all know specs do not dictate console gaming anyway, some ps3 games looking amazing for there time (god of war, last of us)and still do. comparing them to pc's is so difficult because development is different.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  10. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    And CPU is a weak AMD based APU. And guess what? That's all its capable of.

CPU is killing performance for both consoles, quite frankly.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well MS must also think so because they just dropped the price of the XBone in the UK down to £399, with a free copy of Titanfall and a free month of gold.

I suspect the launch adapters will become quite vocal. lol

12. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    You do realise that the ps4 and xbox one do not work in a traditional sense in terms of graphics and cpu power, its all linked and shared so works slighty differently to a pc.

13. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Microsoft are a bunch of robbing *****!!

First they go back on half of there policy's as they got slated by the whole gaming community, then they charge more money for a technically inferior console and now they price drop the console in the UK a few months after release, simply because its not selling, the ps4 sold more and its out of stock in most places in the uk, i can go get an xbox one when ever i want.

I didnt like microsoft that much before the Xbox One and now i like them even less.

Id be fuming if i brought an Xbox One on launch.

14. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Ms expected dedev aren't able to multithread xbone way!the more I check and I ain't sure even sure the dev ms baught can do it .only ms game studio itself at ms might ! And even then,the engineer that made the xbone will have to spoonfeed ms game studio dev.

15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Well for one thing, the X1 and PS4 has hUMA (at least the PS4 does... the X1 might too or something close to it)... which most programs in the PC world don't use. Second, the optimizations from consoles is from far more than just using closer to metal software... it's the fact that the platform is closed... ie devs know exactly how the CPU and GPU perform... This isn't possible on PC... even with mantle because you have different CPU performance/ design, different BUS speeds, etc.

That said... optimizations will happen with the X1... but the GPU will always be fundamentally handicapped compared to the PS4.

16. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Mantle won't have a big say! Ms can already set their is this way !they he been having this for years on server side so it isn't a biggy to implement on xb1 or window! The main issue ms face is the perception the Xbox one is about as powerful as a ps3

17. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Give me a break, this comment is just ludicrous on every level. I have tried to stay out of this pissing match on these consoles, but a comment like this just ticks me off. I enjoy my X1, you enjoy your PS4, great, we all are gamers and I respect your choice, respect mine. This adolescence of these console wars is just plain pathetic and juvenile.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This will never end bro :p Xbox One being compared to the PS3 is too much though lol.

19. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    So in conclusion the xbox one is a ps3 with 8 gigs of ddr3 and a camera right? ;-p

Man its never a good thing to be a m$ console early adopter although a pc gamer nowdays i remember the days when i was broke and bought an x360 to game and i was prity excited and then ms made the x360 with hdmi 2 months after i bought mine and then everything went downhill for me and the xbox brand.Consoles suck big time nowdays .Back at 2005 they were descent boxes but now low end laptops that wont even do 1080p no aa come on!!!.pc master race ftw!!! ;-p

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What i like most about the xbox resolution is when i play on my pc instead.