The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #24 - Rules update!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Was a really cool game in general though. To see the worlds and characters in 3D, that I'd grown up playing in tiny, green screen, sprite form was amazing! Not to mention the voice acting. Hearing guys like Iolo actually playing his lute and singing and other known characters were great experiences.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    One thing that I remember from Ascension (Aside from the bugs.) was that they had tried to create a round world, difficult to see when playing normally but when moving the camera around it was a pretty neat effect.
    (Very small game world though but the effect kinda reminded me of the Populous games.)

(Even with the leaked 1.19f patch and then the fan patch there were still quite a few bugs however and there was even a big overhaul of the storyline from another mod to bring it in line with the events in the past Ultima games and correct numerous inconsistencies.)

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    NinjaBlade, stupid game never remembers my save, guess I have to finish whole first level in one go lol
    [​IMG]

Rift
    [​IMG]

4. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    @Damien_Azreal

FarCry is such a good game. The later patches also did wonders for its graphics.

Have you tried the Matto mods?

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It's just that you guys are used to see these games with the original blurry bloom. Also, ME2 is black crushed with DOF and original shaders.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Crysis Warhead

Enthusiast settings @ 1200p
    (Click for larger versions)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Netherwind : if you added 4x supersampling to transparency, it would look alot better :)

But its still looking very good... more so than many games being released today. Its like Development in Graphics really slowed Down since the first crysis. Development in Graphics had been enourmes up until then... just look at the difference between far cry and crysis... and they are only 3 years apart!

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Me2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I still prefer Crysis 2 and 3's more stylized look over Crysis realistic look.
    It's part of why I don't think BF3 or 4 look great. Yeah, they look real... but... I find a game like Dead Space 3 or Shadow Warrior more visually appealing.

10. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I like BF3 and 4 because I think it's a great stylized version of real life.

Crysis 1 (with mods I guess) is a real version of real life. If that makes sense.

And I also agree, I much prefer Crysis 2 and 3 over 1's visuals.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm still new at this screenshot business :) I did use 4xAA but it wasn't written what kind of AA. Though I think there was an option to use 8xQ or something similar, I'll test it out. An interesting fact is that the game is still quite taxing :D I played a few levels but noticed framerate drops below 60 from time to time :)

I used FRAPS to take screenshots, maybe there is a better option?

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @Netherwind
    Try MSI Afterburner.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    The ingame AA is msaa, which wont help on the vegetation, such as tree leaves, and bushes :)

If you go into nvidia control panel > 3d settings > program settings > then you look up crysis, and add 4x transperacy supersampling :)

Edit: I just wanted to show you the difference on vegetation with transperancy supersampling enabled

[​IMG]

You said it was demanding... lol, look at the fps counter compared to crysis 3 at max settings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh, didn't know MSIAB did screenshots. Will just have to remove OSD.

Thanks! Learned a lot there. So 4x Transparency supersampling is the way to go for all games for this thread?

Haha, pretty impressive. Either the game is badly optimised or it's something else.

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Youre very welcome :)

Well, if you use nvidia inspector, you have the option of using sgssaa, which super samples the entire screen, instead of just the transparent textures... the side effect is that it slightly blurs the image, but that can be cleaned with sweetfx lumasharpen. Another difference is ofc the performance impact, which is huge with sgssaa 4x, compared to transparency supersampling 4x.
    But its only some titles that support sgssaa (generally only dx9 titles, such as skyrim for instance), and it has to used together with an equal amount of msaa... so if you want to use sgssaa 4x, then you have to use 4x msaa aswell, where as transparency supersampling can be set to whatever you want, regardless of other AA.

Anyways, i usually prefer to use 4x msaa together with 4x transparency supersampling, as it gets rid of almost all jaggies, but doesnt blur the image, unlike most other AA techniques.

Regarding Crysis 1 vs Crysis 3, i just think Crysis 3 is alot better optimized... perhaps its THE best optimized game engine.

16. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
  17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Nice chick Phreakuency, got any ass pictures of her? Would love to see some. :)

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    really...?

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    There are no rules :p

I prefer downsampling or SGSSAA personally. Downsampling requires more powerful hardware and not all games will let you force MSAA\SGSSAA\etc. But downsampling always works xD

A few crysis screenshots in spoiler:

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I can agree that downsampling gives the best visual result, but its at the same time the most ineffective AA method in performance vs Visuals. Meaning its not usable for new games, unless you have an insanely powerfull rig (like tri titans), or youre willing to run at very low fps.

Its really a shame that msaa isnt supported by most dx11 games, as postprocessing AA really isnt sufficient... and thats the only case id ever consider downsampling... but i usually just use a combination of fxaa and smaa together with lumasharpen instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.