SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Cheers for the info. Importing settings I don't think is working ive tired dragging and dropping setting files with no joy.

2. logicPwn

logicPwn Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant I added after you asked, I uploaded what I've done so far towards 0.2 to the last link at http://files.logicpwn.com/Sweeter_SweetFX.rar

Now you may drag and drop with JOY :)

3. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Why bother with the 64bit exe? It's a straight up console port with no particular need of 64bit exe other than to say 'We added a 64bit executable as a show of faith in PC gaming,' Which is both stupid and laughable considering you have to 'Mod' it to even get 60FPS and the fact it's not graphically intensive..

But if you insist on it you could try the SweetFX+eFX bundle(which I have no link to unfortunately) OR the highly more stable Boulotaur injector.

4. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    I cannot seem to get OSD to work with sweetfx(boulotours injector) in AC4.
    I am using precision w/ latest version.
    I have added it to the list, and set the custom 3d option to on.
    It seems to be working in PoE however.

I remember with AB you use to need to use a beta for it to work.

5. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I can't get SweetFX to work with ArmA3.

I've tracked the problem down to the dxgi.dll file. If I rename that with .bak on the end, ArmA3 loads fine but SweetFX isn't doing anything, whilst if I leave that file in place, ArmA just closes itself before I even see the menu.

I've tried disabling MSI RTSS in case the OSD on that was causing problems and my ArmA3 profile in Radeon Pro is set to Disable API Monitoring and Disable Auto-Detection, so that's not being used either, so I can't think what else might be the problem, so if anyone could help me work it out, that would be great.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    It's really as simple as Frostbite 3 defaulting to a 64bit executable. They add in the 32bit executable for more compatibility, but really, 64bit SHOULD become the norm. Props to Dice for encouraging that.

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yes, I think you can just using the RadeonPro one?
    RadeonPro also having SweetFX function too.

8. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    While I agree that 64bit should be the norm, NFS rivals is FAR from needing it.. xD

9. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    max payne 3 smaa ultra preset drops my framerate from 88 to 55

10. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I saw them the first time you posted them and they are useful - thank you.

11. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Yeah, I think I've tried that in the past but even if it works, I have to disable RadeonPro for Arma3 when playing online to let the TeamSpeak3 Overlay plugin work, so that's why I want to just put SweetFX in the A3 folder so that it's enabled all the time. This works with other games so why not with Arma3?

EDIT: Just tested again. RP doesn't seem to work with SFX1.5 as there was no noticeable effect, despite RP showing that it was toggling on/off when pressing ScrollLock.

With SFX1.4 it works but if I have TS3 running, then ArmA3 won't load unless I Disable API Monitoring in RP, which basically disables most of it's features, including SFX. The same thing happens if I put the SFX1.4 files in the ArmA3 folder.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess the TS3 overlay don't support something like this, if you has using MSI AB/RTSS, you will need to enable "Custom Direct3D support" to make SweetFX works.

13. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    So any idea why I can get SFX1.4 to work using RP but if I put the files in the A3 folder the game won't load?

It looks like I'll only be able to use SFX for SP due to the incompatibility with the TS3 overlay, so I'll probably just use RP so that I can Disable API Monitoring when playing MP but I'd still like to figure out why putting the files in the A3 folder isn't working.

I have RTSS disabled, both globally with the "Show OSD" setting switched off and via the A3 profile as well (Application detection level: None).

EDIT: I have Steam Overlay disabled as well.

I seem to have found the problem, it was something to do with the settings file or not being able to find it, as it worked when I put the default preset and settings files in the A3 folder and I've got it working now with a downloaded A3 settings file :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  14. Blacktop

Blacktop Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    First off, thanks for all the work you've put into SweetFX; there are some games I can't play without it.

However, I recently updated to 1.5.1, and I'm now getting some problems with several games that I didn't have with the previous version I was using (I think it was 1.4). Everything that's DX9 that I've used it with seems to work fine. DX10/11 games have an issue though, where the entire screen appears darker when SweetFX is enabled, and the effects don't seem to work.

To troubleshoot, I've disabled all effects except USE_SPLITSCREEN, and again, when enabled, I see no split screen and the whole screen is darker. Other things I've tired (tested with both ArmA 3 and Saints Row 3):

• Disabling Mumble overlay. This fixed issues with SweetFX not doing anything in GW2, but GW2 is a DX9 game.
    • Disabling Steam's overlay. This didn't seem to have any effect. I also tried changing weird_steam_hack's setting, also to no avail.
    • Turning off all effects. Again the problem is still there, where the entire screen is darkened when SweetFX is on, and looks normal when I toggle it off. There shouldn't be any difference between on/off with all effects disabled...

So, any ideas on what to try next? I'd love to not have to downgrade, but I can't think of what else could cause such strange behavior.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good to hear about that. :)

16. CorteXXX

CorteXXX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9600 GT 512
    Nice! :)

Now a little closer to make someone very happy!

THANK YOU, Ceejay. :):):)

17. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Any ideas on the OSD issue I posted above?

Any help would be great guys.

18. naXy

naXy Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 3 GB
    i can't get it to work in CS:GO, got really pissed and copied the files everywhere in those damn million csgo folders, yeah lets put 2 million bins and csgo folders cuz we're valve. arrrrrrghhhhh

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Win 8.1 support yet ?

20. Chaython

Chaython Guest

GPU:
    AMD/7970/3GB
    I need 1.6 in my life!!!! C'mon man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.