Ati mobility radeon hd 5650 vram

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by elijah47, Feb 13, 2014.

1. elijah47

elijah47 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650/4GB
    I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 on my laptop which has a 4GB of VRAM does VRAM really affects the game? but before I upgraded it. I had a 1GB of VRAM then I upgraded it to 4GB for me thinking that it will be running games for the future. But VRAM does really help? Thanks.

This is the picture.. (just remove the number 2 in the word "http")

h2t2t2p://postimg.org/image/pixbh618r/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

VRAM helps with AA and loading high res textures.
    VRAM needs to me dedicated so it's faster than normal RAM
    I guess 1GB, it's the dedi VRAM and the rest it's been taking
    from the normal RAM?

3. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility HD 5650 1GB
    @ibitato
    You are right.

@elijah47
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 only comes with 1GB VRAM (G/DDR3 only) , 5750 and up support GDDR5.

That number in the pic you posted is Shared System Memory, 2747 MB of it is used. Same as mine.

In other words - everything works as it should and no, you did not "upgraded/added memory to your graphics card" but your Laptop should work more stable/faster than before you upgraded/added more system memory (RAM)

Difference between VRam and Ram

4. elijah47

elijah47 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650/4GB
    Oh my!! I thought I had upgraded it. Because there is a computer expert who told me if I upgraded my VRAM it will be 4GB and my laptop gaming will be so fast. Then I paid for it. Now I know that I made a really huge mistake. wow. So it means that my 4GB VRAM is just from the my 6GB RAM? and 1GB of VRAM is just really on my HD 5650?
    Thanks.

5. ibitato

ibitato Guest

That means that your REAL VRAM (the good and fast one) it's 1GB and that in case of neccesity, yes, you will be using RAM as VRAM, but with a performance penalty

Problably what he did is installing more RAM so you could use a bigger part for the GPU without afecting the available RAM for programs.

6. elijah47

elijah47 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650/4GB
    Now i get it. Thank you sir for explaining to me. :thumbup: