The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #24 - Rules update!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh no, not at all. This is new ground to me.

I also noticed files like HD Texture pack and HD UI. Do you recommend those aswell? Trying this after dinner.

2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I don't bother with the UI. It's not distracting for me. I did download the foliage textures from the nexus though. Installing them is pretty easy. You just dump everything into DSFix's texture override folder.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well I installed it anyway, wasnt any trouble at all.

Managed to unlock 60fps which is nice but after having set 3840x2400 internal resolution I must say that it's nowhere as good as it looked on your screenshots. Also, like you said the game does not support 1920x1200 so I'm forced to run at 1920x1080 which makes things ugly. Gah, how the hell do I make clickable thumbnails on IMGUR -.-

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    1. 1920x1080 is too big for the forums. You should putt hat in a spoiler.
    2. Imgur wrecks your quality with compression, so it's hard to tell
    3. I still think that looks fine. You can always turn it up higher if you think you have performance to spare.

5. reiner28

reiner28 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti OC
    mind to share the settings mate

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Ets 2

[​IMG]

No officer, I've not been drinking :rolleyes:

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Person in the white car has yet to figure out why their sunroof isnt working.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well my image got deleted anyway. Thanks for your feedback, I'll just try to play the game. I guess the reason why your images look so good is because you run at 1440p, that's a pretty big difference.
    We'll I didnt play much, it was quite difficult but my FPS went below 60 at some points so I guess that I do not have power to spare after all.

I do not want to post too much OT stuff so let's just leave it here :) Or continue in PM.

9. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  10. ibitato

ibitato Guest

^^sauce??

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Witcher, first one. :)

For each of the girls you "romanced" (Gave a little item to show affection.) you got a little card on the side of their bestiary entry.
    (From peasants to prostitutes to other exotic ladies.)

EDIT:
    http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_card

(The US release was a bit censored but that's changed now and most of them are pretty tame really, kinda like 50's or 60's pin-up posters, game itself has a bit more nudity when it comes to certain monsters and creatures like the dryad, bruxa and strigga to name a few.)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  12. ibitato

ibitato Guest

^^thx, never got far on that game

13. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Fallout: New Vegas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I Am Alive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'm running the game at 4320p. My monitor's resolution has no affect on the screenshots that are captured, as they are captured at the rendered resolution - large filesize warning (7,680px × 3,840px screenshot)

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    NaissanceE

Saw this mentioned on I think it was the DeadEndThrills "flickr" page (Now there's a forum instead from how I understood it.) and it was just released on Steam.

As a UDK game you have full access to the command console (After adding back the missing ConsoleKey=Tilde to the correct section in UDKInput.ini) and the usual UE3 tweaks apply, enabling D3D11 also seems to work without crashing the game.
    (Thereby possibly enabling MSAA support and whatever else it might do.)

I'm not very good at UE3 console commands ("Freecam" does not seem fully functional - just pushes FOV a bit -, ghost and fly work to mitigate that however, no third person model so behindview is somewhat useless as well.) and other tweaks so these are mostly normal gameplay images.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265690/

EDIT: Oh yeah this again.

UDKInput.ini
    Code:
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False (You can set it in the input options however.)

[Engine.Console]
    [b]ConsoleKey=Tilde[/b] <- That's what I added, most UE3 games have it already but disabled, UDK builds however nearly always have it available.
    MaxScrollbackSize=1024

UDKEngine.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.Engine]
    bAllowMatureLanguage=True (Just because, this doesn't really do anything.)

MipFadeInSpeed0=0.01 <- Said to help with texture streaming, might require a faster GPU or more VRAM?
    MipFadeOutSpeed0=0.01
    MipFadeInSpeed1=0.01
    MipFadeOutSpeed1=0.01

bSmoothFrameRate=False (Because I prefer it disabled, can help with stuttering though or so I read somewhere.)

[TextureStreaming]
    PoolSize=512 <- Just dedicating some more MB to the caching/streaming system, 160 tends to be default in recent games, 512 is used in some cases, Rise of the Triad after the first or second patch went extreme and set this to 2048 which I personally think is a bit too high.

[SystemSettings] (You can disable motion blur and stuff here too.)
    bUseMaxQualityMode=False <- This is meant to force highest possible visual quality but it rarely works so I usually don't bother with it, can cause crashes and tends to bug self-shadowing since the game normally don't support that method that this override enforces, or so I think the explanation behind that was, if self-shadowing does bug out you get big black "splotches" around objects.

CompositeDynamicLights=False (This is said to enable a faster but less accurate form of dynamic lighting, I don't really think it's noticeable outside of maybe a direct comparison but I disable it anyway.)

AllowD3D11=True (If possible the game will attempt to use D3D11/DX11 however the game code must support it and the shader cache files must be present or the game will crash before entering the main menu, or it'll cause missing hud elements and other glitches, normally always works with UDK games.)

ParticleLODBias=-1 (Should attempt to force highest possible particle LOD.)

ShadowFilterQualityBias=-1 (Should attempt to force highest possible shadow LOD, can cause banding artifacts or so I believe it's called.)

MaxMultiSamples=1
    bAllowD3D9MSAA=True <- Override to allow D3D9 MSAA, might not work but if it does the above will allow to set number of samples between 1 (off) to 8, tends to work better with D3D11 but it's not guaranteed to make it work far as I know - I usually use SMAA due to the above average performance hit of MSAA in UE3.

MinShadowResolution=16
    MinPreShadowResolution=16
    MaxShadowResolution=4096
    MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=4096
    ShadowFadeResolution=1
    PreShadowFadeResolution=1 <- These are all tweaks to the shadow system, I'm still experimenting with these so there might be better value though max and wholescenedominant shadows should be OK to increase to 2048 or higher without glitches.

ShadowTexelsPerPixel=4.000000 (Apparently smooths shadow edges from 0 to 4 with 0 being off and 4 being smoothest, usually is 1.x on balance but many games use 4.0 for the higher shadow quality presets.)

PreShadowResolutionFactor=1.000000 (Default is 0.5, I don't remember the exact explanation but it relates to shadow detail, 1.0 is highest possible.) 

bEnableForegroundShadowsOnWorld=True
    bEnableForegroundSelfShadowing=False
    bAllowWholeSceneDominantShadows=True <- These vary from game to game, I again forgot the full explanation (UDKWiki I think.) but on balance enabling the foreground and wholescenedominant ones usually works whereas selfshadows tend to cause glitches on first person weapon models and on objects when you are up close next to them, or missing hand models altogether in some extreme cases.

(There's a few others but on balance since I don't know exactly how effective they are I left them out, stuff like increasing ImageReflectionTextureSize, MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize, MaxProcBuildingLODLightingTextureSize or changing the MaxChannels for the audio systems.)

EDIT: Oh and yeah this one - DetailMode=2 - is sometimes recommended to set to 4 for Ultra but as far as I know (And as the UDK handles it.) the command is now changed to either 0, 1 or 2 for low, medium and high object detail.
    (And this one - SkeletalMeshLODBias=0 - is sometimes set to negative values but I don't think it does anything in recent UE3 builds though I do not know for sure, higher values lowers model detail however.)

EDIT: Oh right the console prompt can also allow for changing the FOV more easily, TimeStop commands and the TiledShot parameter.
    (Can help - OK so it does help - with screenshots and similar, not just for cheating though Ghost and Fly are very handy for screenshots too.)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  17. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Dark Souls & Dead Space 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Well.... you just gave me my project for tonight! Thanks for pointing that out. Looks rather interesting.

Oh, yeah, DET made a forum and is closing the flickr group. For discussing mainly art in video games. And showing off the best screenshots for games. As well as hosting guides for accomplishing said screenshots (should be a nice home for my cheat engine tables) :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Stalker1 - Autumn Aurora 2 on a rainy day

just started the game and its nice, especially foliage detail/distance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    How's that game in terms of gameplay longevity ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.