New version Uninstaller from Atiman

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by John Larsen, Jan 9, 2014.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, we have this same argument every time Larson shows up.

Its been proven he logs in from a Greek IP (Where ATIMAN is), his english is attrocious (obviously Foreign) , yet he claims to be in Canada.

He spews a bunch of technical non-sense then claims he doesnt know anything and to talk to ATIman.

same old, same old.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    my god...
    Well thanks for clearing that up.
    Time to move on, this thread served its nonexistant purpose I guess.

4. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i just saw the other thread that The Mac linked,

wow, the mods better close this thread, before it became the same as that other threads,

because obviously john larsen aka Atiman is doing the same thing again, by saying that wagnard and his team, missed a lot of things with his DDU.

i missed that incident, because i was using Nvidia in 2010 (so i never visited ATI/AMD section at that time), and just got back to using ATI/AMD in mid 2012.

6. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
  7. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

Hey Atiman :)

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I think a lot of people from Greece may be visiting this place.

9. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Mind posting source code? I wouldn't use DDU because of the trashy code, the guy didn't even know what he was doing.

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Pardon? :3eyes:

The code is opensource and is free to anyone who want to participate in.But it seem you prefers bitching than contributing.

Good luck to have access to ATIMan source.

I feel so insulted there really.
    I know my code doesn't look as beautiful as it should (i'm still learning) but to state that I don't know what I'm doing just doesn't pass.
    I made this tool for me and my friends at first and decide to share it with everyone and on top of that, make it opensource.
    I surely didn't do not to receive that kind of comments.

If you state that my code is bad than please at least come with an example and a sample code of how it should be and ill consider it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014

11. blacblu

blacblu Guest

No offense, but your code is one of the worst codes I have seen in my entire career.

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Im open for you to give me an example of where it is ugly and how you would make it prettier.

Personally I dont mind it being ugly aslong as its safe and it does what it is supposed to do.
    And I think I know what I'm doing, I'm not blindly deleting registry keys.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dont let it bother you, hes just some random troll.

probobly yet another ATIMAN account..

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Well I know my code isn't the prettiest. I doesn't really follow the "good programming practice"
    But hell I never got course in programming and I did learn all this by myself. If there is something I do wrong, I expect people saying what is wrong and a little tip on how I should do it.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    who cares what it looks like as long as it works.

Its a utility, not modern art.

AMDs own utility doesnt even work right, yours does.

I dont run the source, nor do i even bother looking at it, i just run the binaries as do 99% of everyone else. Thats all that matters.

16. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Well, if I were you, I would take the time (well spent) and actually create a new solution and start from 0.

I would learn about classes and interfaces (which your software is not using, at all, besides the ones already created by Visual Studio).

If you are using .NET there is really NO point in using VB.NET, go for C# instead.

I HIGHLY recommend you to buy Resharper. It will give you helpful tips and most of all, keep you on the line regarding syntax good practices.

Your objective would be to make your code more readable, in order to patch bugs faster, debug faster and deliver faster.

Also, make damn well sure you are using Source Control, like GIT, you can use your Microsoft account to host a repository on the cloud.

I have been on the same ground as you, and the best way for you to develop yourself is to rewrite code, and make it even better. If you do this much just for starters you will immediately see what I am talking about.

Other thing I noticed, even though it doesn't has so aggravating consequences, is your GUI, pay attention to other softwares, and learn from them. There is unaligned components all over the place, lack of standard... Feel free to PM me if you feel like it. Also, CodeReview is your friend.

EDIT: One more thing, you said about "how to make your code look prettier", well, it's not about making it look prettier, it's about making it more efficient and readable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks I appreciate. I will consider.
    For the GUI, i'm surprised of what you said, Maybe you tried a very old version as it as been redesigned by Shady not so long ago.

Anyway Thanks for the time writing this.

18. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    pardon, OK, your contribution is appreciated for sure... but the most important thing is: does it work or not? :) then, it's good for sure if he writes it better and easy to patch... but the question still is the same.