AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Yup, I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Well it doesn't matter anyhow, the other things are all the same like 14.1 but the driver version is just '13.12' so I don't really mind that.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I don't believe they interfere with each other, but I have heard in the past that having CCC installed and being left as-is (autorun on start), it'll increase DPC latency. No idea how true that is though.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    It can, if the AMD ADL API having issues to process multi-app to access it, I think.

4. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Thank you for your report!
    We can report to AMD here: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B21
    I hope that with one little 'reports, AMD notice and resolve the problem quickly ... I would like to reinstall Mantle: p

5. Steve G

Steve G Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    I also have the flash issues with all web browsers flickering after installing 14.1 and bad frame rates so uninstalled with DDU in safe mode reboot and cclean re-installed 13-12 and still have web problem even after uninstalling flash driving me nuts! any ideas anyone?? Steve...

6. kyz

kyz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    I had the same, artifacts in Firefox and Windows after 14.1 install, 2-3 bluescreens too, when trying to use flashplayer. I also once had bad FPS (20 in dota2).

I used DDU in safemode and installed latest WHQL. So far no problems anymore. Maybe try removing it again with DDU and then reinstall 13.12? :/

7. Steve G

Steve G Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    kyz thanks for the reply i have done that three times to no avail :( in fact it has just stopped doing it but it has done this before and comes back if i reboot
    Steve...

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Yikes...

Meanwhile I sit here on Google Chrome (stable) without any issues on Windows 7... I've played flash videos a good bit already too without problem, and general browsing is no problem either. Can't say I've noticed any framerate problem either.

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I'm getting a lot of stuttering and lower frame rates ( clocks at default currently ), previous drivers were fine :D

Gone back to the previous drivers and all is well again :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  10. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    nice for me on me 7950 beat most off me best score with these

11. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    They caused me problems on my HTPC (Richland APU), so I cleaned them off and went back to the current stable release. DVD's kept bombing out on me.

12. mux

mux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I still have flickering issue with FireFox when scrolling. With Catalyst 13.11 Beta V9.5 it did not occur; actually, this was introduced since 13.12 WHQL for me.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What happens when you disable hardware acceleration in Firefox?

14. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Great drivers but i have an issue that prevents me from using them. No matter what i do my card is always stuck in 3d clock...just on the gpu. Disabling aero, browser accel, dual monitor (2nd is on intel), does nothing to fix it. No issues with 13.12

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Clean install?

16. Ripshod

Ripshod Active Member

GPU:
    HIS HD7950 FAN 3GB
    HIS HD7950 with Boost bios @1100/1400 on Win7 x64 - no problems. I'm 100% with this beta driver. 2D clocks are stable too, no problems with flash in chrome or firefox.

Was a fresh install.

Oh, and a nice boost to my folding too ~10% on ppd.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  17. mux

mux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    That would most likely do it. But, unfortunately not a solution these days, especially as flickering was not an issue in the past.

18. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Yup, first driver on a clean windows 7 install. Even tried them again and used driver fusion premium but the problem persists. Wonder if there are any apps that can tell me what is causing it but usage on it is at 0%:bang:

19. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Good drivers. The only thing i noticed is that if you tab between game and desktop sometimes. You'll get "stripes" for a split second (at that moment when it is between the two screens, dont know how to discribe it)
    you won't get it all the time and it isn't smth big since it's only a blink of an eye but it happens on both of my AMD Systems. Tabbing seemed more "clean" on the WHQL.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I have an issue, unsure of it's to do with the 13.30 14.1 betas but now and then my monitor flickers. Hope it's my monitor dying so I can upgrade to 1440p :S That's bad I know...