SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Please elaborate. Do game devs get some kind of financial incentive from NVIDIA for using their FXAA? SMAA is free to use as far as I know...

2. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    Sylli question (but not too muck sillyest more than who made games dx11 only...)

can this sw overrides the dx11 detection? (deferring VerifyVersionInfo or/and D3D11CreateDevice)

for example, crysis 3 test if you have a dx11 card, otherwise get you off, but if you can return Always true in your d3dx11.dll to this test, you can use dx9/10 untessellated shaders (from PS3 version...)

It will be available this feature soon?
    Warp uses cpu istead of gpu, so it is not a solution.

3. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Change this line in your eFX.ini.

screenshot_path=screenshot_%application%_%date%%time%.bmp

It's probably screenshot_path=troloload.ru%application%_%date%%time%.jpg for you.

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Who know, but the performance hit of FXAA is still lower than SMAA, so why they want to waste money on SMAA which is between FXAA and MSAA...

More AA solution=more development costs
    Even SMAA is showing the power on CryEngine or Crysis 3, it is still not famous enough to get on all game, like FXAA, which promoted by Nvidia to many company.

5. Crckt

Crckt Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Yup, its right. But this function (change extension of screens) there is in 1.9.6.0 version of eFX, and Supported extensions are: PNG, BMP, TGA, DDS but when i load it - i have this msg in log file:
    2014-02-02 02:41:59 | INFO | EFFECT | Effect compiled successfully with the following messages:

SweetFX\Shaders\Tonemap.h(31,8): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

In older version eFX (1.9.3.0) all *.h is work, but i have problem with violet screens(
    WTF?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Bigger question is why would SweetFX have this? SweetFX is not an injector, it's a Shader Suite, the actual injector was not made by CeeJay. If you'd like to request such a feature, that i personally don't even think is possible, you'd have to talk to Crosire, whom is making the new injector SweetFX will be using, in the eFX thread. :thumbup:

The warp solution isn't a solution because warps are just awful most of the time. DX11 only titles are DX11 only, there is very little room for interpretation :p I think it's time to upgrade your system my friend.

7. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    When can we expect SweetFX support with Mantle?

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Woah give me win8.1 dx11 first. :p

9. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    That black/color shader is totally possible with SweetFX, the thesis from above is written in 2 or 3 lines. But as said, it wouldn't look great as is.

That is a warning message and nothing you have to worry about. Older versions simply did not show those (as InjectSMAA did not too). Ignore it.
    And the violet screenshot bug was fixed just after 1.9.3, so it is of course present in that version.

Overriding a Dx11 check doesn't make a lot of sense. Game would simply crash, because it would try to access D3D11 features and functions that are not available....

Also, don't expect Mantle aupport to come soon. It isn't even public yet, nor is there a SDK.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  10. Lemagex

Lemagex Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 660M - 1GB
    SweetFX is an absolutely amazing addition to any game.
    And yes, it does run in wine. Also it runs in windows 8.1. :banana:

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

12. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    What about it doesn't work well? If you've found issues, report them in the eFX thread so they can be fixed. eFX is the future of SweetFX, so the better we can make it, the better SweetFX will be.

13. Sin316

Sin316 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX770 SLI
    tried to use it today with rome 2 (update 9) and it won't work.

AA is off in game
    no overlays of any kind (steam, fraps, whatever)

I'm using sweetfx with most of my games, so i know how to use it (not that's it's especially hard lol).

tried removing the dx3d.dll (as seen a couple pages back here) and nada.

Out of ideas, so any suggestion is welcome :)

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i tried this with ddo (dungeons and dragons online) didnt seem to work..

maybe am doing something wrong. (dropped all the files into where the launcher is). ((maybe that's not the exe persay).

game runs through a patcher/launcher

15. djozaa

djozaa Guest

GPU:
    r9 270 2gb
    hey guys, need help, on my pc sweetfx works normaly with gw2, but when i try to do same on my laptop with integrated gpu and nvidia gpu (swichable) game stuck at launcher and doesnt want to start, eaven it says game runing, i get log.log file and all looks normal, no errors, but game just wont start :D
    any tips

16. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    This work for me:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!S0xwwAiT!oZsikevHW6yqptv1O772HjmyC-J3N6XvEy2Nr-TLqyM

17. BornDownUnder

BornDownUnder Guest

GPU:
    6970 2GB @ 950/1475
    For DDO, I had to drop back to 1.5.0, something in 1.5.1 just refuses to allow it work, also make sure you have compatibility for modified .dll files enabled is you use overlays such as MSI Afterburner's RTSS as it will interfere with it for some reason as well, I had to make a profile for ddoclient.exe to get it to work with RTSS.

Hope that helps.

18. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Highlights and shadows saturation control shader. Is such thing even possible?

20. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I use it on Rome2, every game need test, usually you have to try to rename the dll in

- d3d9 (Direct3D 9)
    - d3d10 (Direct3D 10)
    - d3d10_1 (Direct3D 10.1)
    - d3d11 (Direct3D 11 and 11.1)
    - dxgi
    - dinput8
    - xinput1_3
    - opengl32 (OpenGL)

if is 32 bit game you have to rename eFX32.dll or eFX64.dll if is 64bit game like BF4.

you have log file for see errors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.