290X Owners overclocking and sex act club

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by cowie, Nov 8, 2013.

1. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    card that is 82.8% does 1300 core no problem

not found max on others yet, still dialing them in

2. smartdroid

smartdroid Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    my better one does 1260, the other two are pretty close to your's in ASIC but all together can't past 1100?! :(

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Kev those scores are sooo sick it sorta turns me on.

Since I am home under the weather I will try some 2011 socket action today :puke2:

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    :eek: :D

5. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Think if only cpu was stronger be lot faster than that too :banana:

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you people make me want to vomit on my lowly single 290pro

lol

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    By the way, how much does 290 score in 3DMark 11 (Performance preset) at 1,1GHz and with 200 MHz effective memory speed bump? Also in Firestrike? How common it is for (custom) 290 to hit 1,1 GHz? I am trying to get rid of my current one and wondering which card would do the trick this time (290 Gaming or 780 Gaming).

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Damn gino what gpu score would 780ti get at my clocks. Still stabilizing my oc. Sry for the big quote on my fone

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well tommy we amd guys get to cheat with no tess if we want to(i do mostly) but you should score well around the same.
    the ti's are monsters with tess on and with a trick(unknown to most and i will keep it that way)you would just blow away anything without tess.

go bench those things tommy and post up some scores...i know you dont care but we can use some scores for the 3dguru bench team

11. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    :banana: unless you have my cards anyway an beat tri-sli 780 ti even with tess enabled :biggun:

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    its better tri and cf scaling kev nv has been sucky on that lately

there is no dought the ti are stronger cards overall:)

if you don't think so try getting single card scores with tess and beat the ti's....not to dismiss your top scores in the world at all just saying.
    I bow down to you sir I am your slave...I don't do sex acts for guys but will cut your grass or other chores :)

here is a great bencher and friend of mine(hero of many)on just water
    7500ish gpu score with tess
    http://hwbot.org/submission/2493647..._strike_extreme_geforce_gtx_780_ti_7169_marks

here is some old guys single card 290x with the highest gpu score I could find(I have 7450 also but cpu score held me back) 7400ish without tess and -40c
    http://hwbot.org/submission/2468188_cowgut_3dmark___fire_strike_extreme_radeon_r9_290x_6817_marks

so lets be honest the ti's are stronger cards in benches with tess but ok lets get back to sex acts....er I mean the 290/xxx benching and info

wow had some small like messed up pixels since I went to my rive but was just Vaseline in the pic-e slots I had not cleaned well. Its all better now after a hairdryer and wiping them clean

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Ill run 11 when i get home tonight and check it out. I think i have the non-pay version however.

I run at 1105 core 24/7. I only have my mem bumped up 50mhz, but ill give 200 a shot.

Ill run firestrike at those settings as well.

Ive not seen any 290pros (custom or reference) not able to hit 1100 bare minimum, but mostly it wil need a small voltage bump (38mv is my case)

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Had 1 of my rigs outside today.... ahhhhh its like a warm Russian summer about 27f(talk about shrinkage) but was bearable not like last week.
    I am going to smack the corsair guy that said the h70 is good to 15f.. my ass the pump stopped working or something so I had to put a air cooler on it.

The 290xxx's were loaded with heaven max no more then 50c.
    I Cut it short when my sister came over knowing I had the day to myself so I could take my niece ice fishing.

Upping the vids now will post in a few hours

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Think my cards going faulty, just played about 40+ minutes of Metro 2033, and after about 30+ minutes, started getting this terrible whine, which seemed to be coming from the fans.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try resetting everything back to stock clocks and I would try a non-mantle driver too

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Very strange, just ran through Heaven, and that was fine, got no whining at all, it only started in Metro when i entered the Library (where those long snake things were hanging from the ceiling).

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Maybe dust got into the fan bearings, that can make a whine, or can you reproduce it in Metro again ?

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    just tried Metro again, and no whining, very odd, mind you, i didn't play again for about 50 odd minutes, and the time it whined, fan speed got up to 79%.

Now ive ballsed up, as i went into the CCC, whacked the fan on manual, and whacked the slider up to 80%, to see if the high rpms caused it, but fan never changed speed, so went into AB, whacked it up in there to try, and again no change, now everytime i restart, my cores locked at 1030, memorys reading the normal 150 (this is in the CCC), and the slider for the High Performance Memory Setting is greyed out, but its reading as 1250, even though i reset everything before i restarted.

Wonder if un-installing AB and the drivers, then re-installing the drivers again will sort it, before reinstalling AB again and re-doing my profiles.

Don't know if its much of a problem, as ive only got to whack AB on and select my low clocks profile to get back to 515/625.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I've had weird things happen with locked clocks and AB

I had to remove AB and RTSS and manually remove all reg entries too

I reinstalled drivers first and it didn't fix it until I remove AB etc