Is Mantle exclusive to ATI/AMD or can future nvidia drivers adopt Mantle too?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_hycodan, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Some posts gave u cancer?I hope not,u`ll be the first AMD fanboy dead by Mantle.
    I really hope that nVidia is working on a similar API so the market will blame AMD for this fiasco.
    I really don`t care about Mantle and I`m very happy that this API is not in the games that I will play in the future,The Division,Watch Dogs,The Crew...

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    And how will these technologies work, O wise one?

Ignorance is bliss. Seriously. You'd rather Nvidia get out its own API just to put blame on AMD? You're a very smart person. Keep paying outrageous amounts.

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Its a matter of perspective, some guys are happy with some free bugged API tool that is in only one game, and brings some real performance only for mid-range AMD cards and with high-medium in-game settings.

But some other guys want hardware stuff, like g-sync, project denver, stacked dram, etc.

How can AMD be called a company with serious thoughts if they release this stuff, and its not single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6XayaLTw8
    ?? How desperate they are ?
    Its funny how the new and fresh GCN 290x comes out and is beaten up by a 2012 designed kepler chip GK110 on steroids. After maxwell amd can say bye bye to the world. :)

Also please don't bother to reply me, there is the AMD section too, i never posted there and made flames. Enjoy mantle, good luck :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hint: I got a blistering performance improvement on my rig. I'm actually able to hit 110FPS now. /hint

Hint 2: 120FPS gaming is now a real possibility on BF4 without having to spend oodles of money for a hexa-core and send it to 5GHz. /hint 2

Hint 3: You're paying for that 2012 chip. I don't care if it came out of 300BC. It's just flexing muscles at this point.

Hint 4: AMD cards are out of stock as AMD are unable to meet demand for miners. Guess who's selling? /hint 4

I'm sure you have a lot of valid info on Maxwell too? Enlighten us.

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bro bye, im not flaming, end of line.

6. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Pls go and post on u AMD section,also I got he money so for me is not a problem,and yeah,I`m a smart person,and why do u even care what I do with my money?

Pls don`t replay me,thx,bye!

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Callin
    Omg dude, that's some closed minded pov right there..

That ARM co-cpu will be only on highest-end gpu and not so soon. And if you must know, AMD will release that real VI @ 20nm at the same time, so nothing will die there @ red side.

With mantle you could have your current gpu benefiting from those extra boosts, just like any Dx11 gpu from 400 series upwards.

Besides BF4 is a poor example, but its a start.

Just wait until you actually have a game with over 30.000+ calls (dx limited to max 15.000) to see what it will be like, then make the final judgement. Same goes for the rest.

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tj, i cannot make judgements, AMD card is not an option for me even if they will have +20fps on all cards compared with nvidia. So im not stressed on this matter, on what card to buy everytime i upgrade the rig. It all fits to each person, i personally prefer playing on solid 75/85 fps instead having super smooth 120fps, then in stress situations drops to 70. Also i am not sure Microsoft will stay and watch... a epic fight will began. :D

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    With mantle nvidia driver you don't need a AMD gpu. And who said Mantle is all about fps boost.

You can have richer worlds with more stuff going on, what's not to like here? You rather have more static worlds and less believable characters, like now in any game? At same fps as DirectX without these extra "lifelike" world enhancements.

10. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol, don't think the greens will adopt mantle :))

If that so, all marketing stuff will be blown apart. Also we should remember almost all games are console ports, and they are sometimes very crappy.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yep that's a stubborn nvidia fan pov, gl with that.

Im out of this thread, no fanboy can be helped.
    No offense.

12. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How can i not put my eye first on nvidia, if im using it over 10 years....
    Point is that mantle doesn't come directly from God, and second, i really don't think this will be neutral, like directx. Is all about competition, and its bad for us, users. Will end up purchasing 2 cards, amd and nvidia for each game.

Yep, petition is good, but needs a ton of signs to really mean something on a large scale.

No offence bro, i really don't want to flame here, or something else. :) Just im an old user of the green team.

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I think, or at least I hope, you are misreading what Calin is saying. Don't mistake NVidia's stubbornness (and imo well placed apprehension) for his own.

I don't think that will happen Calin. Worst case scenario we will have a short period of time where games will support two API's with some features locked away for a certain API due to lobbying, but that can't last forever (Glide). Devs want their crap on as many customers computers as possible.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok let me ask you this, does nvidia buy gpus or do we customers?

Why did nvidia listen and added DX11 LOD adjustments, why did nvidia listen and add fps limiter, why did nvidia listen and add extra AA flags,..

Because we users demanded, we can demand for Mantle support too, its not forbidden either, see the bigger picture?

All it takes is one petition thread @ nvidia forums, problem solved.
    https://forums.geforce.com/

On a larger scale, geez. There wasnt any big scale when all those petitioned happened, so..

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes, its not, but i don't think nvidia users are in some nasty negative-hype about mantle, to demand this from nvidia...not even all AMD users are satisfied with mantle, for now.Also not all nvidia users play battlefield 4, or not all of them play games just for high fps or other tings. Let's say i can swallow the thing "mantle is still in beta". :)

Personally, i will be happy if nvidia will adopt mantle, but this is all about competition. Im not really that super mega nvidia fan, i can "live" with mantle adoption on nvida side.

If microsoft will respond, what will be, i ask ?

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    big LOL at this thread, something to watch before the Superbowl

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    cheers for clearing this up, I'm much wiser now.

18. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only fix is: just let the hype go away, we don't know what happens tomorrow. API is the next level in marketing and piar stuff, harassing the end-user with all sorts. I dont think AMD waited for these days that long and cooked the revolution in modern PC gaming...

Yes Tj, on a large scale of people, of what you talking was concerning only a few people. We talk here about a big thing, and i don't think nvidia users will stay on a queue for this, and in other game engines might work very different.

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Ouh u got the money wow that is fabulous now listen up u poor one card nvidia bot. Not all nvidia and amd users have the money to sped on a 600+ dollars cards like u and i can so they would be more then happy to have some FREE performance coming from nvidia via mantle driver (to teach u something real quick the majority of cash income for amd and nvidia come from low middle segment card market not high end). So in all actuality what u have proven is that u are spoiled narrow minded and just utterly oblivious tool .

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.