Remember Me

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nanogenesis, Jun 5, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    D2P is awesome, though never used the VPN thing before.

3. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    i have sometimes stuttering problem with UE games but for me help this...

Nvidia Inspector

1.Turn OFF v_sync in game
    2.Turn ON v_sync in Nvidia Inspector 1/2 refresh... yes this is "only" 30 FPS with 60 HZ monitors.
    3. Turn_ON smooth AFR behavior in Nvidia inspector

games are locked 30FPS but runs very smooth. I do not know how this settings work but i am very surprised how good work this settings. I prefer 60 fps but for problematic games is that a good compromise. Microstutters or lags are gone

4. Mike89

Mike89 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070

Yep same thing here. I tried putting the generated tmp file in the exception list but that doesn't work because each time the game is started (through Texmod) a new tmp file is created with a different name. So for starting this game (if I want to use Texmod for getting rid of the film grain) I just disable AVG until I stop the game.

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  7. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...udio_Dontnod_files_for_bankruptcy__report.php

Still need to finish the game, I liked it though, unfortunate that the developers are having financial issues.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/re...ontnod-denies-bankruptcy-claims/1100-6417444/

10. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    LOL! What does being 'number two in terms of downloads on PS+' have anything to do with anything?

PS+ makes the game free. Who wouldn't download a free game...

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    People who doesn't really want to play the game.
    Just like not all people will play free Flash games, and/or people who won't even bother to download a pirated copy.
    And not all people play F2P MMORPGs either.

If anything, the download stats can be used to gauge how much interest the game is actually garnering at this stage.
    Most of those who downloaded were probably on the fence solely from watching gameplay videos and considering its selling price.

12. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I disagree. A f2p mmo and a free flash game is not the same as a free game like this. This is a full price game on PS3 that you can have for free with no catches if you are subbed to Sony's service.

Anyway, I just think it's stupid they even bring up big stats of people downloading their game for absolute free in a discussion about telling people they aren't going bankrupt.

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    And what made you think Sony didn't pay the devs (or Capcom) for every copy that's being downloaded?
    The game isn't really free per say; you still have to get the PS+ subscription.

And I disagree with that notion, since if it's on the number 2 spot, then clearly it has its own place among the other free games that has been offered by Sony from the PS+ subscription.

It's just an indicator of interest, nothing more, nothing less.
    It's enough to know that their game didn't really have enough content to get people to buy at full price, but people are still interested in it anyway.
    Yes, obviously lots of people has downloaded it because it's free, but they still wouldn't if they didn't have any interest in it in the first place.

If anything, this also indicates that devs should really provide demos of their games; should be possible in these times where even consoles have their own marketplace.
    Probably most of those who downloaded it are just trying to find out how good the game really is and/or whether it'd suit them, but there was no way for them to try it out.
    Well, at least on PS3.

Besides, it's not 'bankruptcy'.
    It's just 'judicial reorganisation'.
    IANAL, but I doubt Dontnod is currently in the same position as the devs of Kingdoms of Amalur was.
    Also, they need any positive stats of their game being published for the beancounters of a publisher to decide on giving them their next project, even if it's just people downloading their game for free on PS+.

So, no, it's not stupid.
    A bit pointless, maybe...but not stupid.
    Don't be such a negative nancy.

14. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Played it for a couple of hours, was a dull experience. Really felt like they had something going but ruined by bad combat and boring gameplay. Might give it another shot.

15. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I'm simply saying you cannot defend the game in relation to this story (of them either going bankrupt or heading that way) by pointing to how many people have downloaded and NOT paid for the game.

And of course, Sony likely do give a cut to the studios who have the games on PS+ but that is also not an indication of a game's success.

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I'm not even saying it did or didn't sell well. Just that quoting popularity of a game being offered for free means jack **** here.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just got this last week when it was on sale.
    Played a little... and damn, the mouse movement is really... sluggish.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try this
    http://www.overclock.net/t/985157/how-to-applying-the-markc-gaming-mouse-fix

Or
    Try playing around with "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames".

Or, read post No.8
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3131363

Or first post in here
    http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?143121-Mouse-lag-solution
    I dont have the game myself, but just did a google and these are ones that seem most likely to help.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I shall give those a try. :)
    So far the combat isn't... anything special. But the setting looks great, and the story seems interesting so far (even if some of the dialog is a bit dumb).

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/85715/life-is-strange-announced-from-remember-me-dev / http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/life-strange-episodic-adventure-game-remember-developers/

20. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD