Geforce GTX 780 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bishi, May 23, 2013.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Two cards with axial fans in SLI inside case will be a pain. In my opinion at least one should be blower type.

2. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Yes it will be hotter, my top ASUS GTX780-DC2OC is about 10c hotter after a few hours of bf4 bottom=58c top=68c its a hot summer here so i still think the temps are fairly good, was going to get reference cooled cards like i usually get but my shop couldn't supply them so they offered me the ASUS GTX780-DC2OC cards for the same price:)

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    10c is not acceptable for me. Could be higher than that I'd imagine.

4. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I've always seen about 10c between top and bottom cards, thats usually at full load though, less demanding games I get between 5 and 7c using reference cards

5. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    My bro just got one last friday and its a killer OC.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1617242

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    5-9%? Where are you getting those numbers.

From 928(stock boost clocks) to 1400 mhz is a 51% increase. If you were to take the average clock of around 1150~ on stock coolers/bioses thats still a 21% increase. Im not really a bencher but to be running at 1400mhz with almost 1.4 volts with a max temp of 42c is really nice. Much quieter.

7. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Question I've been getting this weird occurrence when I'm recording gameplay with commentary, in the first five minutes the screen goes black and the audio remains then 5 secs later the game comes back on, and it doesn't show up on the recording itself is this something I should be concerned about?.

I record with msi after burner and I have an oc of 1067core boost of 1202 and mem at 7000.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Agreed I run my SLI at 1150 and it was a huge jump in minimum FPS as well as maximum.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm talking about from about 1,2 GHz- 1,25 GHz to possible 1,3 GHz at 1,3v. My card can just do 1,2 GHz at 1,2v. There's no guarantee it would even do 1,3 GHz at 1,3v (and it would require expensive water cooling to get there, not worth it at all). I wouldn't go anywhere near to 1,3v with this card even with water just to be safe. Classified or Lighting would be different story. I'm not even sure if it's possible to unlock this particular card to get 1,4v.

----
    1h Mass Effect maxed out 4xSGSSAA... Getting rather noisy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  10. Desi26

Desi26 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC
    2 More weeks until I get my parts for my new system.....Im reading all these posts with so much anticipation its not healthy, lol

The price to performance is just ridiculous even considering a R9 290 so Im getting the Zotac GTX 780 AMP, which from bench's Ive seen beats out the 290 and stock 290X which is being priced at almost $200 more.......Even getting close to 780Ti stock....

Very curious on what this cooler can do!

edit--System in sig is non existent anymore...using a Athlon X2 right now waiting for my salvation ;)

11. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    As from what I seen new egg had the amp for 509$ same from what I paid for my evga if I had the choice I'd go with the amp as well. I wanted to try evga again it didn't really disappoint but I feel I could have gotten more performance from other brands. I've heard good things about the amp Zotac is starting to look like a good company for cards you should post your oc when you get the chance I'm curious on how the amp performs.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's pretty disappointing for a B1 chip. My card hits the same clocks as yours and it's an A1 with 65% ASIC.

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I installed side exhaust fan again but it doesn't look like that helps. The cooler is the bottleneck. My ASIC is 76,5%. Honestly, I don't think that B1 chips OC any better. They might use less power but do not seem to OC better. Kind lame OC considering that the stock clock was 1163 MHz. But then again that is already rather high. Memory overclock rather well though. Memory OC and that 40 MHz core boosts help a bit. Heaven 4.0 extreme preset goes from ~73 FPS to ~79 FPS (roughly ~9 % performance increase for free).

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's weird, your cooler is performing nearly identically to mine....Maybe try repasting it? It's a bit strange that a Windforce cooler is performing the same as a reference one.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Why don't you use that side fan as intake and one on top/back as exhaust..?

I have HAF932 and this side intake fan helps a bit, cools the rest not just gpu and moves more air around inside the case..

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Side intake totally destroys the gpu temperatures. It pushes the hot air back to the card, I have tried and it does not work. It is better to have side exhaust (or no fan and just dust filter) although it looks like one back exhaust would be enough. I have also tried top and back, no difference. Side intake does not make that much sense when there is TY-140 bottom fan. I have three intake and two exhaust. Side intake might work with blower type coolers.

I have repasted the card. This has rather thick plate between the heatpipes and gpu. Also it looks like one pipe would not touch the core if that plate (heatspreader/contact area) would be removed. This just can not handle these or even stock clocks that well. High memory oc does seem to make some difference but still... I do not think that WF is that good. I am not actually that sure about the noise in full load vs. my previous GTX 680 SLI arrangement.

Also one of the third fan (near display ports) has bearing issues. Not sure if it rotates as fast as others. Maybe it does but it makes annoying noises at times. Usually when it spins down to idle speed. Though lately that has not happened.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I had the same problem with my Windforce 7970. Temps were okay I guess but noise was awful. Gigabyte in general doesn't seem to make very good graphics cards. You probably would have been better off with an MSI or EVGA model.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    No idea how this gets so good reviews when it comes to noise. I almost picked Asus or MSI.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My MSI is near silent and seems to get a slightly better overclock (+26Mhz). Don't know man maybe start a customer service ticket with Gigabyte.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm trying to sell this and get MSI instead.