Rumour!! Nintendo's new console specs leaked code named fusion!!!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 21, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Both handheld and home console specs have been leaked.

THIS IS AN EXTREME RUMOUR ATM!!!

Please try not to laugh too hard when you see the specs ;)

link: http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/21/nin...-fusion-ds-and-fusion-terminal-massive-rumor/

I seriously seriously SERIOUSLY doubt they would have an R9 290Xas their GPU... that thing would overheat so badly inside a small box. Even if they have a die shrink down from 28nm to 22nm I still don't think it would be possible.

Also with the state of Nintendo stocks this is probably just some fanboys trying to get Nintendo some publicity (maybe even Nintendo themselves lol). Also I don't think the shareholders would like to have Nintendo release such a console that would cost them a ridiculous amount to make and HAVE to sell at a loss to even appeal to a decent wide audience.

I call total BS on this but still funny to see things come out like this when a company literally hits rock bottom.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well that domain was set up in 2003 when Nintendo used it for rock music and video game festival sponsored by Nintendo of America, so they might simply be getting ready to do something similar for some new games they have coming through 2014.

But i doubt they are about to announce new hardware, and even if they did i doubt they would be stupid enough to do so in such a manner as what has happened here, and allow the cat out of the bag early.

Plus some of the Wii-u specs and what they can do are still highly debated across the internet, so i can't believe such a full list of specs for a new machine would slip out of Nintendo's grasp so fully, No i think this will turn out to be something really dull and run of the mill. lol

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That Power8 CPU doesn't exist.

4. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    By the the look of the info here , it look like the main unit is a :desktop CPU meet apu idea !
    An IBM CPU and co- processor would certainly be powerful but 4 GB of ddr4 share with GPU ? This sound more like wishfull thinking then reality . IBM make great CPU but AMD made GPU? I don't buy it one bit ? Why bother ? They could have way better if they want mobile from Intel . we aren't talking laptop here we talk baytrail turf. Baytrail is it .nvidia k1 isn't out and by the time it is .Intel will have its monster almost ready for the counter measure vs arm

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But, but its custom! It has to be real.

would be a sick gaming console in some parallel universe lol :D

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Lol, very few people are going to buy a console from them after the WiiU.

A year later and basically a handful of games worth owning (I'm not referring to the back catalogue from other consoles).

If we want to play AAA console titles, we'll play on Xbox or PS4.

Nintendo has always been about a different approach to games which they appear to have lost sight of.

DK, MK, Zelda etc are all way too late and should have been released much closer to the launch of the console.

Nintendo failed badly with a year head start and now they think they can come from behind?

Without a serious cadre of original games, I think not.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    This sounds a bit fantasyland to me, they're basically sticking a wii u inside a more powerful console for a year or two worth of backwards compatibility.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea what also gets me is the 6MB Shared L4 Cache... I didn't even know there was such a thing as L4 cache.. Is there???

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Apparently only intel, something with gpu cpu connection..
    http://www.aida64.com/whatsnew/memory-benchmark-amd-kabini-temash-intel-haswell-l4-cache

hm, AMD's new APU has it too, no? Steamroller

10. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Power8 doesn't exist? ROFL ! Call IBM then . they sure didn't get that memo !

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So nintendo makes up their loses by researching and producing an even more powerful console that includes the previous console, in addition to all previous peripherals.

And lets throw in a fantasy ultra high capacity disc slot, because bluray was really done with, and a 3ds card slot, because lets marginalise the already very successful 3ds as well.

This is without looking at the nonsensical 3DS replacement that's pretty much a Vita, and is also magically backwards compatible.

Seems likely.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If we see a decent price cut on the wiiiu sometime this year, then that
    ay signal a new console. But as it is, Nintendo would loose even more money by abandoning the wii-u so soon.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I said THAT Power8 CPU doesn't exist. Not unless IBM secretly developed it while I was working there. :rolleyes:

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if the AMD gpu codename's 'lady' them i'm gonna wet my pants.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER8 well it is up to 12-cores so it's plausible yet untrue. But this thing isn't real by a longshot. While nintendo could make a new home console in lets say 3 years. Now no point they can still rescue Wii U since it is powerful enough and it has already pretty darn good games and more games compared to other next gen systems.

They just need to get their frikkin marketing together or change the name of console since I think people are still confused about that **** -.-

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yep it's a product of someone's vivid imagination or maybe some really good acid. IBM aren't interested in developing consoles, their business is strictly Enterprise.
    Plus they were talking with Nvidia last year about a partnership on future projects, so unlikely a new Nintendo console would involve IBM teaming up with AMD.....lol

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    People said that after the Gamecube, and look what came after that. The Wii, which sold like crazy.( I still play Animal Crossing on mine! :D)

I did hear that Nintendo was planning on putting out a new console sooner than usual due to poor Wii U sales...But the 3DS is selling pretty well, better than the Wii U is.

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I love my GC and Wii. I'd get a Wii U once they hit £100 and get some decent games, a decent Mario and a Zelda etc. I'm disappointed about the lack of GC support, I know Sony and MS have dropped old support, but Nintendo don't normally do stupid **** they do. Wii and GC upscaled would be good.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nintendo hit rock bottom with the n64 and gamecube, n64 being cart based, losing the exclusive square games in an era when square made or broke systems followed by gamecube, the wii was a fluke, wii u is just getting nintendo back on the losing track.

These specs sound legit, considering how long Nintendo waits to put out consoles, I totally expect this to be their new system, it just won't be out until 2018 when all of this hardware is old, cheap and easy to produce.

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yet Activision and EA would still say their games are not possible on this new console simply because it's made by Nintendo.

I would love to see Nintendo compete like they used to and wipe the floor with Microsoft and Sony but at this point I don't think its possible. Mario and Zelda games still sell consoles so if they just stick to what they're good at they'll be fine.