PS3 or PS4?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by zoramaso, Jan 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. zoramaso

zoramaso Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770
    Hey guys:
    I need your opinion, i want to play the ps3 exclusives like "the last of us", "uncharted" and "god of war", but now that the ps4 is out i'm not sure if it's a smart decision to buy a ps3, knowing that the ps4 may get "backward compatibility" by using Gaikai.

What do you think i should do? go for the ps3 now that is cheap? Or go for the Ps4 and be patient?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I have a PS3, waiting fot the price drops before I get a PS4. Having said that I'd just go straight for the PS4 if I didn't have a PS3 already

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There's no GTAV on PS4 yet is there ?

4. ancientGHz

ancientGHz Guest

GPU:
    /
    Go for the PS4 and be patient. :)

5. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    You can get a second hand PS3 uber cheap now, and the games are even cheaper. There isn't a single game worth having on either "next gen" console right now. Get a PS3 and like 10 games, you won't be disappointed. There are some great games available such as:

The Uncharted Series
    The Infamous Series
    Killzone Trilogy
    Jak & Daxter HD Collection
    Kingdom Hearts HD collection

The list goes on!
    http://whatculture.com/gaming/20-awesome-ps3-exclusives-need-play-getting-ps4.php

When I get a console I tend to stick to the games that are exclusive to it, anything that is cross platform and available on PC I play it there.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    This.

A PS3 can be had for about £100, all the best games are going to be less than £20 by now. PS4 might have some remakes in future, but at best it's going to be the Playstation Now streami ng service, which is going to need a monthly fee and good internet.

7. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    The web was whispering about ps3moving to 22nm . the riddle was why?the answer is ,too many play on ps3 to let it die,proof mobile.extremetech.com/latest/80904-sony-8217-s-playstation-now-uses-custom-designed-hardware-with-eight-ps3s-on-a-single-motherboard yep Sony just got serious ,this is why 22nm cell ps3 is highly likely.I will buy a 22nm version
    This would be 22 NM would probably be the last .but with ps3 server .would probably make for a uber expérience ,acter aller ps4 wont become mainstream overnight .so in the mean time Sony cash cow will be ps3 for a while.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  8. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    ^ wat

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @zoramaso
    Grab a PS3, those ps3 exclusives need/have to/must be played. That'll give time for the ps4 to build up a decent library.

Of topic and such..
    Please download the Guru3d mobile app, Hilbert's been kind enough to add a calendar and alarm notification system into it, helpful for things like reminders of when to take your medication...

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

11. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    You need to be spoon fed? Ok here goes ,http://mobile.extremetech.com/lates...dware-with-eight-ps3s-on-a-single-motherboard
    As for the 22nm ps3 rumor its all over the web

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    In time.