SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2bornot2b

2bornot2b Member

Thanks for this program. I saw this on the Lotro forums just the other day and thought I would give it a try. I have only tried it on the game Neverwinter at this moment and it does make a difference just with the default settings. The only issue I have found is that MSI Afterburner's onscreen display does not work when this is installed. It works just fine in the game without sweetfx so I do not know what the issue is. I like to monitor my gpu temp, fan speed, and fps. Do you or anyone have any idea how to get afterburner's on screen display to work with sweetfx. I would really like to use this program but not without being able to use afterburner as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Try to enable "Custom Direct3D support". That works sometimes. Or better most of the time. If a game crashes and the reason is d3d9.dll, it's probably because this overlay.

3. 2bornot2b

2bornot2b Member

Thanks K-putt for the reply. Sadly, this did not work. The onscreen display still did not work enabling this option. Not sure what to try now. well, thanks again.

4. alabrand

alabrand Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
    Any word on how to use eFX with SweetFX? I've read around but don't understand most of it.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Still no support for Win 8.1..

6. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    ok ok hold it there!!

hi everyone, it's been a long time since the last time i've visited this thread, or maybe it was #3

could anyone please help me by providing a glossary with all this new methods or whatever they are?
    like GEM, eFX, and the new custom made injectors?

the last time, it was only cj's and Boulotaur2024's and some custom little shaders around

please!
    thx.

7. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Hi,

Let me give short definitions for you:
    GEM: Quote from the author: "GEM - Graphics Enhancement Mod is a new shader I implemented and which is integrated into SweetFX/Enbseries to improve the look of TW-Games." So basically GEM is a custom shader suite especially designed for Total War games.
    eFX: Briefly it is the next-gen SweetFX. Currently it is in alpha stage. Once it is finished it will replace the current injector. It has a wider support range than the current injector. Such as Windows 8.1, 64-bit, OpenGL, etc. It also supports more complex shaders.

As far as I know there is no new custom injectors. You already know Boulotaur2024's injector. The only new thing I know is K-putt updated the Boulotaur2024's injector with new 1.5.1 shaders and chromatic aberration. You can find it here.

8. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960
    Attempting to use Sweetfx 1.5 with most recent configurator for CALL OF PRIPYAT on steam.

I have had no luck at all trying any number of settings. Works great for Borderlands2.

I have dotnet 4.0 installed, but are others (1-3) required in any way? I am literally operating on a fresh OS.

Game works fine without any new DLL files thus far. I have moved the 2-3 DLL files to the BIN folder, but crash before startup of game.

9. Geodude07

Geodude07 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Hey all!

I had a rather embarrassing error with loading up sweetfx with WoW today and I thought I'd share it with you as well as some solutions ive found to any troubles with said game.

So first off, if you ever can't get Sweetfx 64 bit version to work, and are useing Boulotaurs injector then you might need to remove the 32 bit version from your folder.

As for my embarrassing error, if you happen to be switching to a new computer, remember that you need to install directX because that's something I totally forgot and drove me nuts for an hour today as Sweetfx shattered.

Anyways good luck out there!

10. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    :) much appreciated!

this should be kind of sticked to the main post.

11. Vicious

Vicious Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6870
    Hi guys.

I realize that this is likely a very obvious question, but it's one I haven't been able to find a solution to.

How do I get MGR: Revengence to work using SweetFX?

I downloaded Boulotaur2024 file like k-putt's config said, and put all files in there into my MGR directory. But, when I go into he game, there are no changes whatsoever, and the scroll lock and pause keys do nothing.
    Help please?

12. pedoncho

pedoncho Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gt240 1gb
    Can someone show how to switch between presets while in game?
    Readed the entire thread but couldnt find anything :/
    Thanks.

13. NuBiXx

NuBiXx Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 2x 7950
    You can do that by using SweetFX Configurator,
    link is in the first post in this thread under GUI tool.

14. alabrand

alabrand Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
    Still no help. For clarification, I'm trying to use SweetFX (I'm only after SMAA) on 32-bit executables on Windows 8.1 on a laptop using Nvidia Optimus. How do I do so?

15. NuBiXx

NuBiXx Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 2x 7950
    Have you tried SweetFX/eFX? Until we get a official update from the devs use SweetFX/eFX.
    Here is SweetFX/eFX for Windows 8.1 x86 and x64

https://www.mediafire.com/?o8fbhc6q26nqx9c

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

16. alabrand

alabrand Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
    Does this work with Nvidia Optimus? In the past I had to mux it with HiAlgoBoost to get it working (on Windows 7 and 8.0).

17. alabrand

alabrand Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
    I think the injector works well, but does SMAA and/or FXAA not work? Those are really the only ones I need.

18. alabrand

alabrand Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
    Does anybody know if SMAA works with eFX+SweetFX on Windows 8.1? The game loads up fine but the SMAA isn't applied.

19. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Quick question.
    When taking screen shots, how do you get that with/without slider?
    TIA

20. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    What do you mean with slider?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.