Battlefield 4 (part 3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    1866MHz @ CL7 Would be the sweet spot for a 2700k

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yep that's what I did too with my 2133mhz CL9-11-10-27 @ 32.5gb/s.

lol I was already looking for haswell ready 2400-2666mhz ram and then found this prefect guide that mentioned all extra timings (mostly from g.skill 2400mhz) and get 35.7gb/s instead of crippled 25gb/s..
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6389/gskill-tridentx-review-2x4gb-at-ddr32666-c111313-165v

Im running them at CL10-12-11-28-1T (trfc 214) 2400mhz, not bad imo and finally :nerd:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How do you know this dude? Also how do you know how many gb/sec your piping through? I probably have done this but it's been a while!

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I read a few memory guides a while ago when selecting my Memory for my CPU.. And for you're CPU this frequency and latency is one of the best performers.

5. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks Kissshot.

I have discovered something for me. I run all my games including BF3 smooth with SLI. I run BF4 in SLI and it jitters and stutters, especially on Zavod.

I disabled SLI and the stutter is gone. Of course the frame rate is less but even if I leave the settings alone or turn them down the stutter is gone.

Now, if I turn on SLI again the stutter reappears. I can turn the settings up or down including res. NOTHING FIXES IT. I have tried the last few beta drivers and the last few official drivers. I have tried lowering my OC on my CPU and I have tried my cards at stock. NO CHANGE.

Anyone know of another SLI profile I can try?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I have that lights off bug too it happened in Operation Locker inside downstairs in one bigger room. Light goes on/off every time there is a explosion, it only lights up for few moments when it explodes, then its almost pitch black.

And some strange glass bug in Dawnbreaker by one building outside. I destroy the glass and then it goes back to broken mode like magic.. lol I just couldn't pass through and I destroyed it at least 6-7 times. To bad i didnt record it, it looked funny xD

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I exploded in mid air while flying around... nothing shot me.. i just.. exploded.. it was like... bad luck.. and I was like.. no it's just Battlefield 4..

it was on Hainan resort .

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I had the weirdest bug today, I was shooting arround with my QBZ-82 handgun when suddenly my gun changed to a REX with invisible hands. I was like wtf, managed to get a couple of kills with the rex though. (No, I didn't pick it up by mistake, it had all my custom mods on it)...

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol i had that too one time, it happened by first respawn. I spawned with correct gun but no arms, they appeared after 5-10sec lol

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    And I forgot to add that after I died I couldn't spawn anymore, not on squad members, not on bases, 0. :3eyes:

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    What do you guys use 16GB ram for? I bought 16GB but I only installed 8GB and don't even come close to use it all, so will probably sell the rest.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you could disable page file with 16, not the best idea with 8.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    :nerd:I use it for hobby music production and it can fill it fast, mostly when searching for missing samples - stores it for quick access.
    [​IMG]

14. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Just recently got this game. Had been waiting for some of the issues to be ironed out. So far have very few complaints. It runs very smoothly for me (even on Windows 7). Only annoying thing is I will quite often get mid game crashes. Usually when I'm doing really well and have racked up lots of points too! So frustrating to lose it all.

15. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    I ran for several years with 8GB and no page file. Most games seem to use max out at around 1GB max, take or give a hundred or two MB. BF3 I think was sometimes 1.5GB.

I finally went up to 16GB because only of BF4... I saw it using close to 3GB sometimes. Which causing me to want to close down other idle things, else risk a problem while right in the middle of a map round.

16. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    There was a memory speed article posted to Anandtech a few months ago that was popularly discussed in many forums. I remember that article talked about speed sweet spots where certain higher speeds netted them benefits during their testing, but there was diminishing returns when they went higher.

EDIT: found it...
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can i play bf4 on 1mbps connection??

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I would hold onto it if I were you. 64 bit gaming is going to take off this year, so games are going to start using way more memory than they used to.

Just this year off the top of my head, we have Watch Dogs, Dragon Age 3, and the Witcher 3 that will all be native 64 bit NEXT GEN games set in massive open (or semi open in the case of DA 3) worlds.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sure, why not? The updates would be a pain though and I'd recommend to turn off the in-game VoIP (at least as a try). If your lines are as "asymmetrical" as ours, your upload speed would be tiny (I had a line like that some years ago and even by those standards it was no fun to upload pictures, for example).

20. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Is there a way to specify what VOIP uses? I have a webcam that I want to use for voice only. I have not had a reply yet so I have no idea if it works in game.

Also, no one got any different SLI bits I can use to make BF4 smoother? As soon as I enable SLI for this game only it goes choppy on some levels.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.