The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #23 - Rules update!)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DmC

[​IMG]

i got bored really fast of this game

2. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Yes it's the awful chromatic aberration filter! but i like it!
    And i was taking the shot in 2830x1592, And its not up-samlped and edited in any way!.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Dude, those are nice shots. Rage may be one of the first games I replay if I ever stop playing Borderlands 2.

4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Elitist? Wut? Have you ever gone into a thread for a game and said it was awful? Maybe you haven't.... but tons of people do. Games are creative works made by people who also use the internet too. Do you think they respond to everyone that says their game is awful with "stop having an elitist attitude mate?"

Some people just like to take screenshots of games and share them on the internet. But some folks get a lot more involved in the hobby and used it as an outlet for their creativity. I'm pretty sure kx11 is one such person. And you could say that altering the colors of a screenshot to that extent would definitely be a creative work in of itself. But is that supposed to be immune to scrutiny?

In any case, I was genuinely curious as to why someone would want to do that. If you take an image into photoshop to improve it, the one thing I don't think anyone does is invert the colors. It'd be (quite literally) like applying SweetFX to Far Cry 3 but using it to turn the trees and grass blue. And the Sky orange. And then upload that. And I would think that looks awful too.

But that's my opinion. I often seek the opinions of others on the stuff that I do too. Otherwise I wouldn't get any better at it.

That's an excellent portrait. And yeah, the game can get boring if you aren't into that type of fighting game. I'm trying to play through the DLC now and am getting a bit bored.

5. OmniShift

OmniShift Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 DCU2 OC
    I think the key attribute here is 'constructive' feedback. Saying it's awful doesn't help anybody, which may be the reason he said you had an elitist attitude.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Yeah I'm aware my criticism was a bit.... lacking. But I was a bit baffled at the time. I just don't think "elitist" is the right word. I wasn't going into the technical details of composition or adherence to the golden ratio or anything.... :p

Borderlands 2. Nothing too special here. Just testing a utility that allows you to select any resolution you want with bicubic downsampling in-game. These were downsampled from 7680x3240. Decent performance that that res too, surprisingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    When did Borderlands 3 came out? :D .I like them all ,especially the second one, dat DOF:gape:

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Borderlands 3 better not be friggin UE3. I'd love to see Gearbox challenge themselves with a new engine. Or use it properly :)

9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Thank you. I love this game. Now playing third time on ultra nightmare difficulty.

Doom 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Nice shots Marcel, I tried to make Doom 3 look good by installing this but it came nowhere near your results

Is that Durante's upscaling tool you're talking about ? He managed to implement downcaling with a shader or something ? Can't wait to try this

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    @ Marcel. nice screens..

i guess im gonna install doom3 again with all the mods and my own stuff...

gonan post em here..hehe..Now that i have a gtx670 i might make it look even better now..weeehhhaaaaaa

12. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I don't know about upscaling. It injects a new resolution into the selectable resolutions a game offers you. So you can say you want 6000x3375. Then that will appear as an in-game resolution. If you select that, it will do bicubic downsampling to whatever your output resolution is (2560x1440 for me).

The nice thing is that it lets AMD users downsample just as well as nvidia. It also bypasses the need to create custom resolutions with finicky refresh rates. But it's a bit.... rocky at the moment. Bugs. Lots of games don't work. DX9 only so far. PM him on GAF.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I like the sound of this. Only reason im on nividia is cause of downsampling right now. No longer had it with my HD 5770 xfire so I switched. Sounds pretty promising.

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    mehh, somehow i cant get aa to work....
    and i think some textures are messed, not shure...

DooM3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Jim is just a bit jaded and blunt, and I can appreciate that. The more time you spend on a hobby the more mentally elitist you become about it.

I don't know, I have a hard time seeing any quality difference above 4K on most screens people post, gaf too, so I don't seen much point. Especially on games like BL2 that just lack any detail those UHD resolutions might bring out.

16. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Good luck with that 2GB of vram.

17. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    i have 1280 MB V_RAM an D3 with mods run 60 FPS in 2560x1440 with 4xMSAA+FXAA

boulotaur 2024
    it is stupid package. Install this

Wulfen 2.0+Monoxead texture pack(pk4 file)

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24708

and Sikkmod 1.2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sikkmod/downloads/sikkmod-v12

all textures install in sikkmod folder and in game under "mods" choose "Sikkmod 1.2 and play. Sikkmod folder simple put in main Doom 3 folder

HD menu, text and HUD

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-iii/addons/6th-venoms-doom3-hq-mainmenu

INSTALLATION:
    Just put this PK4 into your doom 3 \base folder.

if you want I send you my Sikkmod settings

BETA

set AA in Nvidia Control panel. 4xMSAA + 2xSSAA works nice but image is blurry. I use downsampling with 4xMSAA and FXAA from Sikkmod

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

well, i would be happy if u send me those configs also :)

THX...

19. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Well either you're leaving out the performance issues you come across, the sacrifices you have to make, or it's just one of those magical games that manages vram really well.

20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    of course :)

put in sikkmod folder

http://dropcanvas.com/dihfs

Rage

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]