NVIDIA Geforce 332.21 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jan 7, 2014.

1. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    @ Manuel G or any other Nvidia guy does this driver also support a SLI profile for the upcoming PC game METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE if so please respons or let me know thx :)

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Internal (nvidia inspector) and Precision X Frame limiting BOTH break vsync if Vsync is force in NVCP or threw the game. Atlest it does in SWtor in 331.82

Only time I have working vsync with frame limiting is when game is in Windowed (fullscreen) with Desktop Composition enabled

As switch to Fullscreen with Vsync and frame limiting enabled either drivers internal or precession X vsync is broke and the tearing begins

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    ah ok.

Release notes

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/332.21/332.21-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Whatever.

If you like to download bloated stuff, it's your choice.

5. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Even my GTX780M on my laptop can handle AC4? So what are you guys on about? I can run it smooth 60fps on a mobile card?

6. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Ok my BF3 dont respond whit Keyboard and mouse looks like they are disable for some reason but is the new driver that is for shure i didnt try BF4 yet but its vey deaspointing we are waiting for new drivers and they come whit this driver i see no point to realese this ..... I am rooling back to the previous driver !!M

7. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    So... Did they ever fix the black screen issues in the nvidia drivers or am I SOL until I upgrade to a newer generation?

8. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    This driver is working fine on my PC. Can't feel any improvements over previous WHQL on Battlefield 4. Atleast its stable.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All good now.

10. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Had to do a clean install with these for the first time in a while. Exxpress install failed and broke things: Error on installation leaving me with no driver (VGA). Even more puzzling: Reinstalling the old driver resulted in the same failure after that. Clean install of the new one went ok.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    And NVidia have now confirmed that this behavior was introduced on purpose and that they will not change it :-(

See this post by ManuelG.

Which is stupid. People could always disable V-Sync in the past in order to get the current behavior. Now, it's not optional anymore, it's forced :-(

12. bloodfx

bloodfx Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    I've always considered bloat the crap that runs in the background that does'nt need to, how about you?

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I just wanna say that I believe yesterday I got my trusty ol' quadro driver corrupted 331.82.
    like what -Tj- has been going on about.
    and it's funny cause a fortnight ago in work I gave a guy a disc with latest NVidia drivers cause he said his system was corrupted and he mentioned vid driver as probably suspect.
    So yeah I had to re-install the driver cause my blacklist would crash with the corrupted one.
    not too sure how it happened, I use inspector and try force driver AO in all my games, it's not biggie I thought worth mentioning.

14. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    also avaible quadro

15. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I guess arguments supporting your weak statement ran out, eh?

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Why people would linit framerate and use v-sync in combination? Driver forces double buffered v-sync only so it only makes sense to me that v-sync stops working or halves your framerate if you limit it.

I use D3DOverrider to force triple buffering and v-sync in SWTOR, seems to work better than internal let alone driver version.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's the thing, you can use your second graphics card for SLI or PhysX, not both (hardware accelerated PhysX requires a dedicated card).

You can try forcing PhysX to your CPU via nVidia control panel if you absolutely must have it. However, all games don't necessarily support it and it can cause pretty bad performance in CPU limited titles.

The games that do give you PhysX with SLI either readily use the CPU for PhysX or disable SLI or don't really use PhysX at all in conjunction with SLI.

BTW any experiences with this driver vs. .93 betas? Worth changing gaming / browsing / video playback wise?

18. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Since when do you need a dedicated card for PhysX?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    guru3d used to provide nvidia drivers that where striped of all other files.

they would have the files zipped with autoexe 7zip or something along that line and just extracted the files and ran device manager to install. sometimes installer would be provided.

ahh the good old days when you could download the drivers over dialup. because the drivers was only maybe around 10mb....

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I never observed that. When I was setting it to 58FPS, I was getting 58FPS while V-Synced on a 60Hz mode.

Halving of the frame rate only happens when rendering time increases (for example if it takes more than 16.6ms when running a 60Hz mode.) Frame capping does not increase rendering time. There's no frame rate halving.