Linksys brings back the WRT54G design into WRT1900AC WIFI router

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I was happy when I heard the news, then my wallet said F U when it saw the $300 price tag.

I'm still using a classic WRT54GL so I've been out of the loop on prices, jeeze, since when has $300 been a price tag for a freakin' router?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Pretty much all the AC routers are going to be $200+

4. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Exactly the same as you mate! Even running the same router lol. I'm going to be in the market for a new router at some point and saw this article and thought **** yeah! Then I saw that price tag and thought ffs! lol

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Actually prices are getting better if you know what to look for. I just picked up the D-Link DIR-868L which was 120 EUR / 145 USD. Really good, I'm seeing 600/700 MBit connections over AC. Not the most flashy firmware, but extremely secure, very fast and affordable.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The on and only Linksys Router i owned was instantly bricked after a Firmware Update.

I went with the D-Link DIR-855 back then. And it seen many updates without any problems.

7. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Thats the new Top Model of NSA

8. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I had 2 Linksys routers in my life, one of them after 2 years dropped on range a lot, second after 2 years started to make wifi signal unstable. 2 TP-Link routers one of them after 2 years had something messed up with firmware some settings couldn't be saved, second one worked whole 2 days and crashed then i got replacement and that one crashed after 3 days the next replacement was sold very quickly unpacked. I got one Edimax which was biblically slow. Now im using cheapo D-Link for couple of months and its good apart from the range which barely meets the other room.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol Belkin. Meh.

Do Linksys branded routers still have that horrible cloud firmware non-sense?

10. Leave Porygon and a WRT54G at the daycare and you get this?

11. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Oh great, if I buy this router, I can be reminded constantly of the mandatory rebooting at least twice a week as well as the super flakey wireless that came with the proud ownership of the WRT54G. This happened on a couple different onen of that model that I had. We still have one where I work, and it flakes out every once in a while even though it has been converted to DD-WRT.

Pieces of junk is what they were.