Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I enabled the quality AO through inspector like I do with batman and now the game looks a bit better, and seems a bit smoother too for some reason.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No they shouldn't have all at 100% they should all be loaded evenly around 60-70% excluding HT as that was never intended to be much use in games. If one core is maxing out you have a bottleneck your living in you own dream world if you think differently. You want to see a game engine that is well optimized for multi-core look at Cryengine3 or Frostbite3 both evenly load up to eight physical cores. There is no excuse for this game engine to load core0 to 100% when playing the opening splash screens.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I am currently stuck on a community convoy but there is no convoy, just the icon on the map..... Any ideas?

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. HT is definitely useful in games, and depending on how many cores you have, can make a huge difference in performance. Look at the huge difference between the 4670K and the 4770K, and the 2500K and 2600K in BF4:

[​IMG]

Dual core CPUs with HT have even bigger gains! Any game that is optimized for multithreading will likely run faster and smoother with HT turned on.

You can't compare the Assassin's Creed IV engine to CryEngine 3 and Frostbite 3. CE3 and FB3 are used in FPS games which have a lot more going on (especially when it comes to physics) than a third person action adventure game like Assassin's Creed IV.

And don't take your own experiences as gospel. As I said before, on my rig I'm getting good CPU utilization all across my 3930K. Not as high as in BF4 and Crysis 3 obviously, but it's not limiting my GPU performance.

AnvilNext engine isn't perfect, but it works great for AC IV. If there was a CPU bottleneck, then I wouldn't be getting high GPU utilization and framerate like I do.

Another thing to consider is that the AnvilNext engine is limited to 62 FPS internally, so that will artificially limit your CPU and GPU usage as well..

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    more difference that just hyperthreading between i5 and i7s, you use one benchy results too, and it's a fact the slowdowns are caused by the one core hammering, I have proof and I posted it. just like with far cry 3, it's no biggie though, lets move on and discuss the next dlc with the buxom brunette lead character. :(

Sea Shanty - #08 Drunken Sailor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-O-78QLLWg

6. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Living in Bristol surely I should be able to defeat the legendary ships but alas!

I can't :(

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    anyone??

8. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    It's a bug, I've had it since late november. "It'll be fixed in an upcoming patch as of which there is no ETA"

At least online works in AC4 for me for the most part. Can't do anything in SC Blacklist (Not even the action/rewards from uplay).

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Thanks for the reply!!

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    100mhz clock speed difference and 2MB of extra cache can't explain such a big difference between the i5 and the i7.

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that not everyone is having these slowdowns. I haven't had any slowdowns at all, the game plays very smooth on my rig, at 60 FPS or close to it at practically all times.

The only time my FPS takes a hit is during thunderstorms when it's raining, and that's a GPU limitation as the weather system uses thousands of individually lit particles to simulate the raindrops.

CPU monitoring on my system shows that two threads have very high usage, and another two have medium load. However, all threads on my 3930K are utilized in this game due to hyperthreading and the engine's dynamic loading.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you're not using the PhysX are you?
    tbh I couldn't care less about it slowing down, rather not talk technical in a game thread.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I lost my game save, many parts of myy ship were maxxed, it was after installing blacklist and then uplay updated.
    I done massive amounts of grinding but I'm not too fussed, I've got this and blacklist installed now so hopefully they both should be fine till I'm done with them.
    I was about to finish sequence 6 to get 20 uplay points to gain $200k to spend in blacklist.
    *insert facepalm pic here

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Updated my rig to W8.1 and lost my save in the process. Luckily I was only in sequence 2. Time to start over.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Did you have cloud saving enabled? That happened to me a long time ago, which is why I now back up my saves after every session.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Nope, PhysX is definitely broken in AC IV. It's just tacked on to the game's main physics engine which is Havok, and apparently the two don't play nice together.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is it physx 2.8.x or physx 3.xx?

If its older then no wonder, add poor cpu game code on top of it and you get AC4.

Imo nvidia should have help them with the game code too since they clearly dont know how to make a game engine work right, not just by useless physx overlay.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's physx 3 being used.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It is? ok, but still its clearly amateurish piece of game code gone wrong, UBI Kiev? failed big time.

19. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Hey guys.
    I read few posts here that some people lost their saves after downloading or updating something. I am not far in game yet but I still do not want to lose my saves too. Can someone tell me what I can do to prevent it from happening?
    Thank you in advance.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    locate and backup your save games.
    with all respect we all know you can fix everything and could have done a much better job, you have hands of magic. you've not even played have you, wonder boy?