SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Hi guys,

Someone got this working with Neverwinter in DX11? I only got it working with DX9, in DX11 the game shows only the cursor and a black screen.

2. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Hi guru's!

I'm having problems starting Mass Effect 3 (All DLC's installed) with sweetFX.

The game crashes at the Bioware intro cinema or at the "Press any key" screen if skipping the Bioware intro.

I'm able to start the game if i skip the Bioware intro cinema at a certain point (just at the point where the omni-blade starts to show) NB: Very hard to hit the correct point :D

Game starts great without sweetFX

Anyone else had this issue?

Using sweetFX 1.5.1 - Tried several configs and some of my own without any luck

EDIT: Derp.. nevermind :D been at it for days and just figured it out seconds after posting this - Seems that ME3 + SweetFX + Origin In-game overlay = Crash. Tested OK 3 out of 3 try's after disabling overlay

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Anyone has any idea if the Configurator will ever be updated? It's been a year...

4. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I updated it for SweetFX 1.5.1 many months ago. You can find the download link in the first post.

The .1 I added to 1.5 was partly due to some minor changes to the settings in order to work around some bugs in the configurator.

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Happy New Year everybody!

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Oh ok. I have this page bookmarked and it looks very dead.

7. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    As he said, he changed it by himself. He wrote in somewhere that this person, The Lazy, really does lives up to his name, of being lazy and dropping projects or taking long to work with it is what I am guessing... Thus, he took the matters into his own hands and updated it. So, download the one he pointed out, I think.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  8. Relyas

Relyas Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GForce 540M
    Switchable Graphics

I'm sure this has an answer somewhere, but I can't find it. I've got an Asus laptop that switches between an integrated intel chip and Nvidia card for graphics, and sweetfx freaking hates that. To be specific, it always defaults to the intel integrated graphics chip no matter what I want to do.

I think I get this gist of WHY this happens (something about the interaction of windows, a game.exe, sweetfx, and the d3d9.dll), but I can't find a good, solid process of how to work around this.

Can any of your smart fellers/ladies help a non-technically saavy brother out here?

9. Relyas

Relyas Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GForce 540M
    PFFT. Of course, right after I posted this I figured a stupid solution. Since I'm trying to run a dx11 game (rome ii), I just deleted the d3d9.dll. Bam. Worked.

10. xBlackCrack

xBlackCrack Guest

GPU:
    MSI NGTX670 Power Edition
    SMAA doesn't seem to work with BF4!?

And I can't download the Configurator!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

11. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Any news for eFX+SweetFX with SMAA for BF4? working in progress or not?
    i hope eFX will support Mantle..

12. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Modded Total War: Rome 2 with my newest GEM/SweetFX preset for Aztec Lighting...

Gallery

13. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    My god... This game looks so beautiful! I am sure I wll be unable to run and to play it...

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Do you have a link to the files/settings? I did try GEM & SweetFX about a month ago and it looked nowhere near as good as the screenshots people were posting. And the flickering AA is vomit-inducing. But I'll give it another shot and report back.

15. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT

16. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Currently work is done on improving the very buggy OpenGL support. Mantle can only be supported as soon as AMD publishes a public SDK (and ut would be complicated even then, as I'm developing on a mobile NVIDIA GPU).

17. iDoraemon

iDoraemon Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GT650M DDR3
    RadeonPro or HiAlgoBoost would make your day.

18. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    What is this GEM? Can it be used with other games other tan Rome Total War 2?

EDIT:

Is that it:

http://gem.codeusa.net/ ?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  19. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It's just sweetfx with another name and less shaders, isn't it?

20. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    It by itself, I guess that is the case, I am not sure and I am too dumb to figure it out by my own. I used the one that Doktor1 has provided in another place for RTW2.
    Apparently, he has made some changes, as you have done to insert the shaders from 1.5.1 into the Boutolotaur's injector, to make this GEM and the SFX to work together. GEM has it own config file set apart from the SFX:

http://i.imgur.com/BYGv8Yi.jpg

I like the GAMETRUECOLOR option more than the others. If I am not mistaken, I have lost around five fps with GEM's shaders in Bioshock Inifinite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.