CRYORIG R1 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CRYORIG’s first launch product the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate is the accumulation of years of research and design.  CRYOIG is now revealing a more detailed explanation and closer look at the R1 Ul...

CRYORIG R1 Ultimate

2. A commercial jet engine for my PC. Why not?

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why not just go for a Corsair H series or Noctua :-/

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Some of us don't like to worry about our cooler not working.

Any chance of a review? I haven't found a site that regularly reviews coolers... at least the newer ones.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fans can fail on an air cooler as well :p

6. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    The first image is seriously misleading. I thought that the front fan was somewhat larger than the secondary fan. I am glad to see from the side on image that this is not the case. A review is awaited as if you are looking for a larger air cooler then this is one of the very best looking ones I have seen in a very long time.

7. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    While that is true, the cooler body and case airflow remain, peventing immediate meltdown :)

8. I_Am_Weasel

I_Am_Weasel Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I dream of the day when they will make them out of copper

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Lol, double or maybe triple the price and then you'll get 5c more out of it. I think in that range you may as well go enthusiast watercooling. It would be interesting to see how much of a different that would make though.

10. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    It's not price but weight and being a tower cooler... Zalman for example had some all copper coolers those that looked like a flower with the fan on top, and were way cheaper than this, back then, they hadn't heatpipes though.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... an all-copper tower cooler of that size would probably require something crazy like a backplate that would take up a good portion of the back of the motherboard. You know... just to make sure it wouldn't rip a chunk off.

LesserHellspawn: Yea.... and that's also why they have safety features in your mobo BIOS that'll automatically shut down if the temp gets WAY too high. And while case airflow may remain, that doesn't even remotely mean that it'll keep the CPU cool. Need air pressure to get a reasonable amount of air through those heatsink fins. Case fans several inches away probably wouldn't quite cut it. Not to mention that it's not always the case that there's a case fan directly in front of the CPU heatsink to blow air directly over it. And while the "cooler body" may be true.... that's probably only true for a very short time. The benefit of heatpipes is their efficiency at heat transfer over a greater distance. You generally see copper heatpipes because copper gets hot quick and can handle a lot of heat, and aluminum fins because they can be cooled much faster. Take away the direct cooling of those aluminum fins, and what you've got is a massive heatsink slowly getting hotter and hotter.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013