MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    thanks a lot! was the high aplication detection level, is bugged in high, works like a charm in bf4! thanksss

2. MaTrek

MaTrek Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3gaming
    MSI R9 280X voltage problem

Hello ,
    thanks for answer friend,

Checked constant voltage: nothing changed...

I can NOT move the vCore slider in AB3.0.0beta17 ,just can set
    Core Clock and memory clock as before...

In Trixx I can move and apply the voltage Core slide, but nothing happend..
    as I can see in GPU-Z voltage still unchanged, I tried checked force constant voltage..also with no effect.

I am really sad and start to think about to change bios to some older ,dont want to do it but if in a few days will not come the resolution...
    The problem seems to be also in win 7 , so it probably not depend on OS..
    but I am not sure ,just heard about it..

uff ... I still HOPE somebody improve the MSI AB or what is necessary..

Staying tuned
    Mark

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    So, next time don't said that you has tried anything and all of them are not working. ;)

4. Darkness Knight

Darkness Knight Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX970
    PPSSPP v.0.9.6.2 x64:
    [​IMG]
    Salu2 - Darkness Knight

5. Andre2210

Andre2210 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780/3GB
    HELP

hello guys.

VERSION 3.0.0.0 beta 15 SE (for GTX 780 Lightning VDDC_CHL8318)
    it does NOT work anymore , since the latest version 3.0.0.0 beta 17
    And the latest version is NOT compatible with my GTX 780 Lightning with voltage control.
    editing the profile does not seem to work.

why would they expire a old version , when there is no good tested NEW version for my GTX 780 lightning?

pretty odd.

I have been busy all day with stupid hack tools to get it to work, but I am a noob .

I need help getting the 3.0.0.0 15 back to work again.
    or I really need a new version afterburner beta 17 (SE edition) :(

6. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Beta timed out, what to do to keep using it? Ill just get a notification and it wont start.

7. Janpoll

Janpoll Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7750 1GB
    You are in beta 15, right? Update it to 17 and fixed (atleast for me).

8. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Thnx m8. I was on an older verion it seems although I did check regularly with the in-built button for betas...

9. blbrotto

blbrotto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD HD 7970 OC
    Hello everybody.
    Well, first of all I would like to give recognition and be grateful for the MSI afterburner tool and developer. I've been using it for my vga's since the rivatuner. Thanks! :)

Secondly, I'm going to ask some help in regards to voltage control of my VGA. You see, I'm using a Gigabyte HD 7970 OC rev 2.1, which I already know that it's voltage control is hardware locked. However, by using their tweak program (oc guru II) I have a headroom of 0,060 V to increase on those default 1.110 V. Since I intend to use this vga both to gaming and litecoin mining, my sweet spot is with 1075Mhz/1500Mhz (core/memory), and I can only achieve that with stability, believe me or not, by increasing 0,002 V (going to 1,112 V).

However, I cannot unlock the voltage controls on MSI AB. I already followed the instructions on the first page (but I didn't understand if those changes on the .cfg files only affect the reference card bios, which isn't my case) and also I change the settings for AMD cards in the AB options menu as well.

At the moment, I'm using the trixx app, which gives the voltage control with a reasonable customized fan control, but AB is much more appealing for me, besides the side gadget for AB is much more customizable.

So, I'm asking if there's any way I could unlock those settings for my vga, with the current version (beta 17) or I should wait until the next beta release.

Thanks for your time, and sorry If I wasn't been too clear or stupid in my questions. English isn't my mother language, and I'm just a little enthusiast, however I do intend to provide some feedback and discuss my questions here.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Have to disappoint you, but I don't think that MSI have any plans related to this model. I neither have such card here nor expect it to arrive here from MSI in nearest future and there are no any plans/incoming tasks from MSI related to this model.
    The best and the only way for you is contacting MSI directly or returning this card. They don't read this forum and don't reply to end users here.

11. MaTrek

MaTrek Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3gaming
    So bad news for me,..anyway thanks for reply ...

Is there sombody who has also MSI R9 280X and can takeoff the voltage control manually by last TRIXX soft or with another bios? ...

I am fascinating if so many people all over the World don't have the same problem to search when theese card are mainly sold out...

12. Unwinder

Cannot help you with that in this thread. Create new one if you wish.

13. CyberDemonVZ

CyberDemonVZ Guest

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX M2D12D5
    Hi!
    I am having one strange issue.
    It happend only two times.

I've started BF4 (x64). And then I started Video prerecord.
    After 10-15 minutes I've pressed Video capture key, but program was "stuck" on BUF. And it did not record anything.
    And I cound not stop it by pressing Video prerecord again.
    It was showing only "O BUF"...
    I know I have to wait, but I guess 5 minutes is too long :)
    I had to exit game and enter it again to make it work again.

All other times works without any problems :/

My setting (i have 16GB RAM):
    [​IMG]

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    RTSS 6.0.0 Beta 4:
    http://archive.sunet.se/pub/games/PC/guru3d/rtss/RTSSSetup600Beta4-Guru3d.rar

Changes list comparing to beta 3 includes:

- Updated PNG compression library, now PNG screen capture is supported in 64-bit applications
    - Fixed issue in hook engine causing 64-bit applications to fail to start when application detection level was set to "High"
    - Updated context help

This is 6.0.0 release candidate, most likely we'll release it as final 6.0.0 soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

16. Unwinder

Enable "Show own statistics" in OSD server properties to see additional prerecord buffer details in OSD, this way you can see how much data is in buffer and is it being currently currently appended/flushed when this issue is having place.
    Also, that's by far not the best idea to allocate 8GB for prerecord buffer with AB beta 17, which do not allow you to use dedicated encoder server yet.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  17. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    I just noticed this icon, not sure how long been there, just wondering what is it.

[​IMG]

18. Unwinder

It indicates that desktop video capture is in progress. And of course it is reflected in the release notes.

19. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    I see, wondering how did I trigger that, since I don't have any key binded to record or prerecord video, not even for taking screenshots or anything at all.

20. Unwinder

It is impossible to trigger it without associating a hotkey with it.