AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You keep going on on how the game is broken and you don't have BF4, do you?

2. exfire

exfire Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    R9 290 I'm losing performance in RIFT™

High consumption of Hard Disk 100% loading windows CCC

AMD overdrive function without the use of fans etc..

HELP!

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    jeez, i feel like a broken record.

GPU usage is broken for the moment on 290/290x

watch your clocks instead.

4. exfire

exfire Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    13:11 Driver was not prepared for the new R9?

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No i don't, ive just read the massive threads all over different forums where everyones complaining about it being broken, and all those articles (like the one i posted above), that are saying its a broken game.

I don't have to have the game to have an opinion on it, and my opinion, from what ive read is, its a broken mess, and if i was looking to buy it, i wouldn't, based on that. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Show me a forum for a pc game that ISN'T full of people saying it's broken,hell just look on G3D as soon as a new game or driver comes out you will see a tone of bitching.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Another one of those "experts" I guess. you do have to have the game to have an opinion of it. at least if you want to have YOUR OWN opinion of it. If you're ok living a life where you get your opinions based on what others tell you, good.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats how it goes, games have been released broken for god knows how long now, thats why you never buy them when they first come out, you wait until they get those millions of patches that fix them. :)

You don't have to own something to have an opinion on it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  9. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Can anyone answer a longtime question that I (and probably a lot of other users) wonder about from time to time? Unless a driver's release notes specifically mention an update or optimization for an older card (like a single-GPU 5870 mobile), is it even possible for newer drivers to provide any advantage over older ones?

For example, could the simple fact that the driver contains an updated version of OGL or D3D benefit older GPUs not specifically referenced in the patch notes? Are newer drivers all about optimization, or can they ever inherently provide performance or stability improvements for older hardware environments?

A lot of regular visitors to this forum probably know the majority gets tired of seeing those "Will this driver improve performance for my X card?", and I realize the answer to that question is usually dependent on a lot more than just patch notes (or lack thereof) anyway. That's why it might help casual users like us to learn a little more about the fundamentals here, which might lead to this question being asked a little less...

10. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Yes, it gives more performance and stability improvements.

It's not that it gives 'that much' performance/improvements but you'll notice that it does and it also gives you a feeling that you have the latest driver available and that you have all the patches, etc.

But remind this, you can ALWAYS have a problem regarding what they did on that driver and what driver card you have. If you've had bugs/crashes in the past you could get a lesser chance for the driver to get working so that indeed depends on it.

Ofcourse, later cards have more performances and patches because they are the newer cards and AMD will provide more fixes/patches for those.

But I believe that you'll also get the latest stuffs if you have the latest drivers on your PC (but not that much maybe).

So I'd say, Yes it does, but sometimes it depends on the card / support / kinda problems you've had.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Hey guys, i'm trading my 760 for a R9 270X Toxic.

Are the Ghosts fps issues fixed already? In certain maps i had issues with framerate drops in certain areas and was unplayable.

12. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Can i ask why? :3eyes:

13. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    I have a problem with my 290x, the clocks wont go below 516/1375MHz while browsing, is this a known bug? I haven't tried any other drivers, but I already did a safe mode clean up with DDU, but still the same.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Runs terrible in BF4, have to run medium setting to maintain 60-75fps. (75hz monitor)

And can't run 2x/4x msaa when the 270X has no problem running it like that.
    Guy runs it maxed out with 4x msaa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1O9Ih-QG58
    (I'll have the settings modified tho, medium lighting setting)
    So it won't dip below 60fps.

I think it was a bad idea to get the 760 for BF4 in the first place, as BF4 is a AMD title + Mantle coming this month.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  15. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Same here on my R9 290. I have clocks fluctuations while browsing, watching youtube videos (both flash or HTML5), watching movies, even when I listen music with my audio player. Prior, I used HD 7970 with this drivers and the clocks in above scenarios was stable at 300/150 all the time. Also I have low GPU usage on almost every game I've played.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    270X is going to be weaker with the exception of Mantle.

17. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    my friend also has a 760 and complained about framerate in battlefield 4, while my 7950 plays is flawlessly.

18. GranPez

GranPez Guest

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
  19. Tweaky81

Tweaky81 Member

GPU:
    XFX Fury TD

Forget it. I also have a 7870 overclocked (1250/1400, even faster than the Toxic), BF4 Ultra with 4AA is no fun at all in Multiplayer.
    The 760 is a 670 which is definitely stronger.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  20. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Here when I install the drivers, it stays at 300/150, but once I reboot it wont go lower than 516/1375, right after boot (gpu-z) and without starting any programs, maybe it has something to do with overclocking. I'm on win 8 btw.