MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

One more beta of RTSS is expected before we launch RTSS 6.0.0 final. I've upgraded PNG compression library to newer version so PNG screen capture is now supported for 64-bit applications as well.

2. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    ahhhhhh im a big over tired. i was thinking of sweetFX. i need to get sleep lol

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Thank for that. :)

4. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    I'm having a strange issue. I'm on Windows 8 all hardware at stock CPU, GPU, IGPU, RAM etc. Yet I'm getting this error randomly. Everything for Quicksync is set up correctly as the test/benchmark will pass sometimes and others it will fail.

This is the test (Bencmark) passing:

[​IMG]

And this is the test (Benchmark) failing the next time:

[​IMG]

You may ask why I ran the "test" multiple times, It's because when I ran it first to make sure it was set up correctly it failed and the next time it passed so I had to reproduce it.

This is on MSI Afterburner Beta 17 with the included RTSS i.e. not the 64bit beta although the error happens on that aswell.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013

5. Unwinder

Ask Intel.

6. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    The only thing that has changed since the last time I used Quicksync is the drivers and I was on Windows 7, I will first try older/other driver versions before I 'Ask Intel'. Their likely response though will be to ask the developer of the application which utilises the Quicksync api.

Thanks for your help though.

Another possibility is the memory allocation for the IGPU in my BIOS, it is set to the default auto and was when I last used the Quicksync feature of MSI Afterburner. Your instructions for the set up don't mention this setting so I assume auto is correct.

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/312070

I don't facing this issues, and I am using Windows 8, with newest driver 10.18.10.3345.

8. pkrexer

pkrexer Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT
    I'm having an issue, I can create my profile and it applies it correctly upon booting into windows and everything is happy. Soon as the computer shuts off my monitors due to inactivity and I go to wake the screens back up, the voltage that is specified in afterburner does not get reapplied. However, my memory clock / core clock are still set correctly. Due to it not reapplying my voltage increase, i'm getting screen artifacts soon as my monitors come back on and I have to quickly apply my profile and things are ok again.

I'm using both the latest beta 9.5 drivers for my 290x

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

9. Unwinder

Overclocking/overvoltage is not a dynamic process, oc tool's job is to pass desired settings to driver/hw ONCE and you may close it after that. It is graphics driver's job to save hardwRe state before entering suspended mode and properly restore it after resuming. Summarizing : ask AMDto fix the driver.

10. pkrexer

pkrexer Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT
    Appreciate the quick response. I had a sense that it was a driver / CCC issue.

11. Unwinder

As a workaround you may just disable ULPS. It will prevent the driver from suspending GPU when monitor is entering sleep mode.

12. MaTrek

MaTrek Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3gaming
    MSI R9 280X can not change voltage

Hello
    I have 4 new MSI R9 280X with original bios out of the box :
    ATOMBIOSBK-AMD VER015.040.000.003.003435 11game.sb
    113-C3865000-G77 TAHITI PCI_EXPRESS GDDR5
    113-MSITV277MS.330 TAHITI B0 XTL C38650 GDDR5 3GB

in WINDOWS 8.1 64BIT, last driver amd catalyst 13.11
    MSI afterburner 3.0.0 beta 17 instaled
    the MSI AB settings set on (checked) to allow monitoring and setting
    voltage
    overall I am not able to set the voltage in MSI AB ...why?
    the posibility is without the number and can not move with...
    Is there someone who can ? or I am not the only one ?
    Please help. Or should I use anothe app ? or for this original bios is not support yet in msi AB ..? please tell me..I really need to undevoltage the R9 280X because I dont need 1.2V to have so much volts on core :D
    older 7950 run at 1.038V well... please help or give some link where I can read how to did to have the options to set the voltage in MSI AFTERBURNER
    THANKS
    Please help

13. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    no ****ing way to make work RTSS with 64bits games, i have RTSS 6.0.0 beta 3, i tried with 1 and 2 too, and msi afterburner beta 17, only work in 32bit games and the 64bit support applications is activated, i lost 3 hours trying make it works... anyone can help me? rtss is properly configured, i tried with bf4 and chivalry with 64bits mode and didnt work http://imgur.com/VC1bh7v

14. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Did you remember to disable all other overlays?

15. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    yes ofc, i used RTSS since 1 year and i know it have problems with another overlays or d3d inyectors like d3doverrider but i have everything closed :(

16. Sufferage

Sufferage Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    You need to set application detection level to medium or low, then it will work. Had the same problem here.

17. Unwinder

The best way to get your question ignored.

18. Unwinder

That's useful report, thanks! I've reproduced it and will investigate it further.

EDIT:
    Fixed, it was an issue with 64-bit hook when detection level is set to High. The fix will be available in beta 4.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  19. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X

MSI R9 280X Core voltage in 3D clocks are not being changed not unless i force "constant voltage".

I can move the vCore slider, apply it but 3D clocks are still unchanged, under load, it only works when i force constant voltage but i don't want my card being stuck at 3D volts.

Tried using TrixX and changing the 3D voltage works just fine without forcing it.

Use the "constant voltage" for now, to change the vCore, until the team can help us with this issue.

Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17
    13.11 BETA 9.2 Drivers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  20. Unwinder

RTSS 6.0.0 beta 4 will be uploaded today or tomorrow. Changes list includes:

- Updated PNG compression library, now PNG screen capture is supported in 64-bit applications
    - Fixed issue in hook engine causing 64-bit applications to fail to start when application detection level was set to "High"
    - Updated context help