SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
  2. titsorgtfo

titsorgtfo Guest

GPU:
    ASUS
    Battlefield 4

I have the K-putt's config and the referred SweetFX version 1.5.1. from the database site.

Everything is in the Battlefield 4 folder, but neither exe files take a hold on SweetFX. I've disabled Origin's layout as much as I know, and I'm not running Fraps, Teamspeak or Inspector.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. I have China Rising and the latest patch/update today installed.

Win7

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. bwana

bwana Member

GPU:
    780GTX
    Radeon pro grays out most of the checkboxes (including the one to enable sweetfx). I have pointed it to the sweetfx root directory. I am running an nvidia 680 but people have said that radeon pro works with nvidia cards as far as sweetfx is concerned. But I am not seeing that in 8.1-nothing seems to work.
    I am testing with a dx9 title GRAW (Ghost recon advanced warfighter)

I did get efx to work w sweetfx to alter gamma in this title but no smoothing. In win7 sweetfx works well w this title.

4. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Are you in Windows 8? Are you using the x64 files?

5. titsorgtfo

titsorgtfo Guest

GPU:
    ASUS
    Win7, nvidia 680

I have tried using the both dll sets with different exe files. The x64 files seem more promising - as in they try to do something, the game tries to start but I get a window telling it has crashed.

I haven't had problems with Fraps, Teamspeak or Origin overlays before, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the case here.

I have your preset apparently from the database.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. fighting4fun

fighting4fun Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 AMP!
    is there any fix for 64bit radeon pro? my radeonpro wont start 64 bit automatically =( (64 bit support is enabled)

7. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi all, ¿how in enable sweetfx in Cry Of Fear?, i put all the files where the .exe is

but the effects dont apply.

Bye, Marcos

8. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I get this error when using Windows 8.1 x64 + Battlefield 4 x86. Also I don't get sweetfx to work with Battlefield 4 x64, I've tried sweetfx 64 files etc, no luck!

ERROR

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Read the FAQ...
    We has enough people asking the question that has been answer by the FAQ...

10. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    That's odd. Are you running MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner or similar? Anything with an OSD can interfere with sweetfx.

11. bwana

bwana Member

GPU:
    780GTX
    OK, I read the first post a few times but did not see anything like a FAQ.

Radeon pro is not cooperating for me nor is much of anything else when trying to smooth out the jaggies of a dx9 title , Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.
    The only time I got efx+sweetefx to work was with the bundle in this post.

www dot overclock dot net/t/1296721/how-to-anti-aliasing-injection-fxaa-smaa-and-sweetfx/1133

With radeon pro, I configure a profile, point it to the sweet efx folder, run rad pro as admin-still nothing.

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess you are pointing the wrong version, RadeonPro need a older one, which is 1.4.

13. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Nobody?

14. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Is Cry of Fear DX9-11 ?

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    That's because the FAQ is not in the first post, it's the fourth post but I guess scrolling through the first page would be chore..

RadeonPro still uses 1.4 so 1.5.1 and efx settings files will not work.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

16. bwana

bwana Member

GPU:
    780GTX
    @BenYeeHua&zomgerd

thank you. yes i see how radeon pro can use 1.4

But if you wouldnt mind expounding on a somewhat different aspect of these injectors- jaggie smoothing..I ran a series of tests with radeon pro on my system (win 8.1, nvidia 680GTX latest driver)
    smaa ultra and fxaa are very close in quality with smaa slightly better but with a performance hit of about 10%

on my previous windows 7 machine I was also able to get jaggie smoothing using sweetfx. I understand that sweetfx v1.5.1 has a d3d9.gll that does not work with win 8.1 and for this reason i need to use boulator's injector or efx (only talking about dx9 titles now). Is this right?

I have had NO LUCK in using efx 2.0 with sweetfx on my own. However, someone did make a package of the two for bf4 and when I use that, I get an aweful bug-cursor makes infinite trails before the game starts and there is not really any jaggie smoothing. However, the color palette seems to be adjusted as the shader settings seem to indicate.I thought sweetfx was also supposed to do some smaa or fxaa as there is a bit that can be set in a settings file for that?

17. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    My package for BF4:

32bit

64bit

I use only 64bit version, I used the same logic for the 32bit but I have not tested.

For me it works without problems, the only thing that does not work is the SMAA or FXAA, I think it's not yet supported.

18. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    DX 9 is Cry Of Fear

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Far as I know SweetFX still works with DX9 on win8.1 (FAQ confirms that actually) so you should be able to use SweetFX as per usual with DX9 titles.

20. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    SMAA wasn't converted to the eFX shader layout for DirectX 11 (BF4 is such a title) yet and won't apply. FXAA on the otherhand does as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.