The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Always lol

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's not that much of a stretch, CDP Red have said the console versions look the same as the PC game.

The difference will be the PS4/Xbox versions will have a lower franerate and likely resolution, Xbox in particular will.

3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I stood corrected when I saw this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

Besides, Andy from Nvidia has already confirmed on Geforce.com that TW3 would feature "a ton of Nvidia tech" (PC exclusive for the most part).

So there should be a difference between the PC & console versions.

4. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The game will probably look very similar on console and PC, with the PC version featuring higher MSAA and a higher resolution, as well as the usual performance sagging features PC versions get

Don't forget that it's an open world game, both CPUs and GPUs will get their hands full

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wasn't sure If it was fair to include Nvidia exclusive features though, also don't think we saw any Nvidia tech in that video.

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Why isn't it fair ? Those effects may or may not be exclusive to Geforce GPUs but they're sure as hell exclusive to PC.

[​IMG]

Maybe Physx can be done via compute on the PS4/Xbox One but it will be a lesser version compared to what will be found on PC.
    As anyone expect it will take a beefy GPU to max the game out, even more so if you shoot for 60fps.

I need a game to convince me that my 770 won't cut it, The Witcher 3 might very well be this one.

I'm not arguing the difference assets wise will be massive of course.
    Let's hope that CDProjekt won't forget about us PC gamers who got them on the map. I hope they won't turn on us like Epic Games.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hair? Good, hope its similar to tressfx hair - actual 3d sprites.

I like that PR part "pushing the industry forward". Its cheesy, but they have a point.. Not only with Witcher3, but other new next-gen titles..

Imo we got stuck in this dx9 low console power crippling loop for to long.. lol I still cant quite grasp the fact its finally time (U4E, Luminous, next gen UBI stuff, MadMax, This witcher and that Cyberpunk2077,..)

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Yeah, Physx can do hair simulation :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrb8PSpkhkQ

Next-gen is going to be awesome, especially on PC if you're willing to put some serious money on the table.
    It's a shame that we won't get some AAA multiplatform games like Destiny or MGS 5. That's the problem with PC gaming these days : incredible hardware but we always miss out a few very high quality games. :(
    I'm still waiting for Rockstar to announce GTA 5 on PC by the way.

9. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Damn that sucks about Destiny I remember originally it was planned for PC release as well.
    I guess Bungie decided it would be "spreading them too thin."

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I can understand their decision but it still sucks.
    With consoles being x86 here's hope that we will get a port a few months after the release.

"Hope"...This is what it has come down to.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Those technologies will be on the console as well, but it will be scaled back big time..

For example, PC will get HBAO+, while consoles will be limited to HBAO. Also, they will get FXAA instead of MSAA, TXAA etcetera.

NVidia has plans to port Flex PhysX to DirectCompute, so consoles may possibly have the advanced PhysX effects as well, but dialed back considerably to be sure..

All that said, it should still look great on console; better than anything out right now perhaps.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hopefully i dont get a perm ban from guru3d for this;

I've never finished a Witcher game before.

I dont think i have the attention span for rpgs anymore, even though the rpg genre is my fav genre (along with proper single player fps campaigns).

This looks wack though.

13. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I finished 2 and havnt finished 1.

I will definitely get 3 and will def finish it.

14. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Don't worry man, I'm working on 1 and haven't touched 2 yet. Hearing that 3 was going to be open world was what made me bite the bullet and buy 1 in the first place. The way I play games and if they are as in depth as most people report, then I may not have the first two done by the time 3 arrives. Which is a good kind of problem to have... :infinity:

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The Story in 1 is one of the best.

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Do any of you guys think the Witcher 3 will be the best looking open world game when it is released, or do you think it will take the crown as the best looking PC game when it is released?

Thoughts? I realise this is speculation, but based on the videos we've seen so far, what do you guys think?

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm sure it will be, and if not, it will be pretty damn close to the best looking. I doubt Dragon Age 3 will be so good, although judging from BF4 frostbite engine is capable to deliver a lot of eyecandy... but from the few gameplay videos of DA3, TW3 takes the graphics crown easily.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The Division will be technically more impressive I think, whether it will look better is subjective.

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I checked out Division game play and it didn't look THAT good. It didn't look next-gen to me, but it did look pretty damn good nonetheless.

I can't wait to see the physx effects in the Witcher 3. Imagine fighting wolves, with their realistic fur effects. Just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, I am biased, ha ha. :)

20. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
    I can't wait to see how that awesome fur crushes the frame rate. Not really happy with them going for physx. Maybe they could have made their own physics engine that would probably not halve the frame rate like physx sometimes does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.