MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Shuudoushi

Shuudoushi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI BOOST 2GB OCed
    Unwinder is AB dev... But AB and RTSS are more or less 3rd party tools that MSI is leasing. I think that's a good way to put it, Unwinder will correct me if I messed anything up lol.

2. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Hei Unwinder, is it possible that( Crossfire 290s) after the card comes out of idle (ULPS) the core Voltage value is not getting increased ?

I set +100mV, did some Heaven Benchmarks, quit, let the card go Idle, restart the Benchmark. and then OSD shows way lower Voltage on 2nd Card and the PC crashes (1175mhz^^ )

i knew that there were some complications with ULPS but Voltage was not included right ?

3. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    guys can you send me mp with the RSST for 64bit support? im really excited, long time waiting for this!

4. Shuudoushi

Shuudoushi Guest

GPU:
    Unwinder has enough people beta testing the 64-bit ver.

On a some what unrelated note. It seems RTSS is making BF4 randomly minimize. I didn't have this issue till after installing the 64-bit ver of RTSS, but it also happened before I installed it. So I think it's something with RTSS itself as it doesn't happen while RTSS is disabled or not running.

Also, is there anyway to hook into the temp sensors for AMD and intel CPUs?

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I have not run into that for about an hour using w7 chrome.
    As a matter of fact this is the first time i played after the update and i did not find any quirks so far and the game is more then compatable.I would have thuoght i would get just game related crashed but not even.
    I will try to make that happen laters

6. Shuudoushi

Shuudoushi Guest

GPU:
    Well, it doesn't crash, just minimizes, or goes into a windowed mode.

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no i got that part but it did not happen

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I haven't ran into that issue either.

9. CoolHwip

CoolHwip Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 280x DD
    Ok, I thought he was an AB dev but wasn't sure if AB was owned by MSI or what exactly was going on there. In that case I'm not sure why he seems indifferent to the fact that there is a bug in the program, or why he thinks it isn't related to him in any way, at least pass it along to someone who can fix it. It affects other R9 280x users as well. See this post from an MSI gpu user which I discovered after I posted on here:
    forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4708358&postcount=1575

I don't mean to sound like an ******* but this seems to be the forum for AB discussion and I just reported a bug...if not here I am not sure where to even send it because MSI's page for afterburner links to this forum. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood something.

10. Shuudoushi

Shuudoushi Guest

GPU:
    It's not really a bug in the program, it's mostly a bug in the drivers.

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Download XFX tool. Use XFX tool to control your card. Try to force XFX support to waste their time on dialogs with you. Not sure why some ego forum newbies think that someone is obliged to help them here. That's a forum, not your personal support service. So bye.

12. Unwinder

Yes, that's possible. Disable ULPS, it is a source of a lot of compatibility issues.

13. Unwinder

Close to zero chances, ignore that. To make application randomly minimize other application should create some windows and set focus to them in runtime. That's not RTSS functionality pattern.

???? CPU temps are already available to all Intel users. As for AMD I also added it blindly but locked it in MSIAfterburner.cfg because I don't own any AMD platform to test it. I offered AMD users to unlock and test it but there were zero replies, 100% of local gurus use Intel.

14. prelude

prelude Guest

GPU:
    2X R9 290X
    Hello Unwinder,

Thank you for your great work on this program! I just picked up an MSI R9 280X and was shocked (I buy MSI exclusively because they never lock down voltages) to find it doesn't allow voltage control. Digging around, I found a post by MSI Support on newegg stating that the cards were in fact not locked, but that Afterburner needed to be updated to support the new PWM chip that the card is using. Are you aware of this issue, and if so do you have an estimate as to when voltage control might be enabled?

Thanks! :)

15. Unwinder

Nice try. But it won't work.

16. Unwinder

Good news, I've found effective way to handle OSD visibility toggling hotkeys on RTSS side only for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications without need to modify AB itself. So there will be beta 2 today or tomorrow with this improvement.

17. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Hello!

I have an old laptop with Intel C2D P8700, with rivatuner 2.24 and c2d temp, smart plugin I was able to monitor cpu and hdd temperature - that's the only reason I still using this old riva build instead of afterburner.
    Now I tried the newest beta, but only cpu usage monitoring is enabled temperature not.
    Also it would be nice to enable a "legacy" mode to use old plugins, maybe there would work with the newest builds.

18. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Nice! I'm in if you need further testing. Beta1 continues to work flawlessly on BF4, tested briefly with catzilla and 3dmark and it also works as expected. Will test with COD-G tomorrow.

Regards!

19. Unwinder

Plugins are in future plans (not the nearest ones). But the chances to see old RT plugins architecture support are low, AB uses much different architecture.

20. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    I would like to mention that I haven't experienced any issues in BF4 with RTSS that some other users were reporting. No crashes/minimizing or any other strange issues.
    (Using GTX780)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013