AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB

You could probably have bought an HD7850 non OC 2GB card for the same amount.. So what reason did you have for buying this low end card did you read any reviews before buying one

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB

did you ever stop and think that it maybe that the cards are made by Club3D these guys aren't known for making high quality a priority over the years I've seen alot of complaints about stuff made by Club 3D they tend to use cheaper components

3. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I got the damn source.. It's v-sync not working properly

When leaving it at driver default the crackling sound is gone and perf. is back on. (I'm not talking about double buffering effects as I have dual GPU, where triple buffer was never nessecary and my framerates didn't hang on the halve of the screenres.)

Could it be my screensignal not recognized properly?

More have seen this?

4. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    Turn off vsync, I had same problem. Vsync is broken. Use radeon pro. It will fix the problem. Crackling sound with all audio and chugging all the time with frame rates.
    I also had lots of problems with the 13.11 Betas, use 13.11 WHQL, worked for me flawlessly since (with vsync off)

I was thinking these cards sucked, then with the fix it's these cards are way more powerful than I expected. Awesome. Your performance will skyrocket once you fix.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Yeah, got my terms mixed up.

Anyway, higher QPI will help.

6. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I use RadeonPro allready. (I even donated Japamd for making this awesome tool, the only way to inject SweetFX problemfree with win 8.1 :))

But it appeared forcing v-sync with rp messed up things. The only way to get full perf. and no sound issues, is to set v-sync at driver default and set a framerate cap.

7. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    Yes sorry that's what I mean. Cannot force Vsync at all, frame cap is only option.
    I suspect a clean install might help as you're the only other person I seen with this issue.
    However I can live with it, really cannot be bothered to do a clean windows install at the moment.

8. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    These drivers made gameplay glitchy for me. Playing dead space 3 dead bodies jiggle and fly around the screen. Skyrim water flashes and makes splashing sounds when I walk rolled back to 13.10 whql and no problems.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    that sounds like a physics isuue with DS3...

10. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    somehow its tied to the drivers. I ran display driver uninstaller safe mode installed 9.5 betas had the issue. then I did another clean install with a 9.5 beta this time downloaded from amd. Same thing both games suffered. I had the skyrim problem since 9.4 so I said to hell with it and tried the 13.10 and all the problems are gone.

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    This is a clean Win 8.1 install, so I think it's the driver, so I can probably spare you from the hassle of reinstalling your OS.

12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Sorry? They have to make money from drivers for their video chips?
    I don't think so. And with all the bloatware that already comes with many apps, I'm certainly not waiting for advertizing crap in my hardware drivers.
    I haven't enabled it yet in the latest driver installs, and now i'm certainly not gonna do that. Thank you.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Raptr is a company.

Its is NOT made by amd.

The version that comes with the drivers (and downloadable form amd's gaming site) is a special version just for us. The regualr version of raptr doesnt have a lot of the functions we get.

Yes, they need to make money to pay their employees.

14. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Freudian slip?

;)

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    hahaha....typos....gotta love em..

fixed.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Raptr has existed for years. I don't know how it's game support is currently, but I would imagine it supports more mainstream games pretty well.

My main issue with Raptr is that it essentially provides... too much in a non-polished manner (maybe)? I wrote up a feedback on their forums about the issues I had with it in a 10-20 minutes timeframe of using it.

I prefer Evolve for my gametime tracking and other features, and Raptr (imo) just doesn't match to it.

If I had to give Raptr one positive note though, I do like that it has proper naming for (most) Touhou games :p

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Raptr is a bit busy, ill admit.

I wasnt a fan of the original Raptr when i tried it a couple years ago, but i do like the Gaming Evolved version.

ive never heard of Evolve.

18. Pathia

Pathia Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    I have the same issue and I did clean installs of both 7 and 8.1 to test this issue. The vsync fails to be on regardless of OS/driver if it's newer than Beta 8. So I've stuck with beta 8

19. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    LOL Thanks for the info!

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Okay, fans of Raptr. How is it better than Steam? Steam has overlay, web-browser, social functions/friends/statuses/facebook and youtube integration/user reviews/gamehubs/guides, achievement/game time tracking, cloud features. No #shotsfired, trolling whatsoever, I'm just genuinely curious why do you guys think Raprt is better than Steam. Besides Twitch support (and even here there are better apps to do this) and ads I don't see any difference.
    You'd be surprised...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013