AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    76° is fine.

2. cristian.a

cristian.a Guest

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    thanks you for answer.

3. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    use MSI afterburner user defined fan speed, its a lot better than CCC manual speed, but try to test at what fan speed that doesn't affect the temp anymore,

example : even if i set my fan speed more than 78%, the temp stays the same as when i set it at 78%, only the fan noise became louder, if i set it more than 78%.

my max temp is 57C and that is if i turned off my AC, 48C max if i turned on my AC.

but my gpu is not the same as yours, so the results may differ.

4. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Got 40% gpu usage on BF4 whereas before had 99% constantly. It does reduce your gpu temp at the cost of way lower gpu usage, but still, thank you so much for posting drivers Asder00, I appreciate it. :)

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    seems like this driver fixed the rainbow video on Railroad tycoon 2 (steam version), and also it fixed the rainbow colored gameplay and videos for gangsters(GOG version), finally i can play both games (not at the same time of course), after quite a long time has passed since i bought it, i was feeling that i wasted money on that 2 games, because GOG doesn't seem to want to fix Gangsters, and Railroad tycoon 2 dev kinda dead.

but seems like either AMD can't fix the stuttering cutscenes for Batman AC, or they haven't found a workaround for it, i've been having this exact issue since batman AC launched, and the patch that supposed to fix the stuttering doesn't do anything for me, btw gameplay is smooth, only the cutscene is stuttering, and turning on DX11 doesn't improve it at all.

btw how to report that the issue have been fixed ?

did i use the same AMD driver reporting ?

PS : i hope AMD didn't broke anything by fixing the issues that i mentioned.

lets hope AMD keep this up and fix old and current issues.

btw does Torchlight 2 did not use any GPU at all ?

because afterburner said TL2 uses 0% gpu, and i can't seem to improve fps for it, while i can ran Metro 2033 @60fps @1680x1050, and almost all set to max, except physx and some others of course.

Edit :
    to sum it up, my known issues :
    Fixed games :
    - Railroad Tycoon 2 (steam version) : rainbow colored vids are fixed.
    - Gangsters (GOG version) : rainbow colored vids and gameplay are fixed.
    - Port Royale 2 (GOG ver) : game refuse to start are fixed, i know this sounds as if its not gpu related, but if i uninstalled the driver then i can ran the game normally, and that proved that its from the driver, and luckily AMD fixed it (fixed since beta 6 or something, can't really remember).

Still unfixed :
    - Batman AC GOTY : Cutscenes stuttering (hoping that AMD could fix this from drivers, because WB doesn't even care at all).

haven't encountered any new issue, maybe because i didn't buy the latest game straight away, because lately all games are broken or buggy at launch.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    What driver do you use and get 99% gpu usage in BF4? For me it was always 40%-70% maximum.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  7. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I didn't know going in I would be doing this... It has just been in my experience that it seems to help with stuttering when games get released and aren't optimized and keeping temps down on an overclock. I do not regret the i7 920 purchase at all, best CPU I've ever owned! I've have it OC'd @ 3.5Ghz for 3 1/2 years now and it shows no sign of being a bottleneck in my system.

8. Atreidin

Atreidin Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GB
    Weird, I played through the entire game with a 7870 and I didn't see any issues at all.

9. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    don't know then, because i can't enjoy cutscenes, because it stutters, maybe its differ for each system.

that's why i put it on hold for a long time, the first time i tried playing again after a long time of waiting, is when i learned that WB removed GFWL from AA & AC.

but the cutscenes are still stuttering, but the gameplay are smooth, not exactly flawless, because DX11 is kinda broken for AC.

10. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Anyone tried that new optimization app that comes with the package and seen any better results etc.? or should I just stick to the settings I have now.

11. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I still have the occasional screen jump, as already mentioned by others. It seems to happen less though. Playing a .mkv with vlc gives the occasional screen distortion (just a split second but visible, kinda like the screen jump in ie). It's not the clocks, but definitely have something to do with certain animations on the web and some video files. For the rest they behave and score the same as previous B9 versions.

Still waiting for drivers that don't flicker my mkv's or make the screen jump.

12. ShinKuro

ShinKuro Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 960M
    Late reply, but so far it's working without any issue for me.

13. Ashrak

Ashrak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    Interesting my 270x hits 99% GPU Utilization in BF4 locked at 70 FPS on BETA 9.5 drivers, same with 9.4

14. reinaldocfilho

reinaldocfilho Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x 3GB
    My R9 280x 13.11 BETA keeps downgrading to the stock driver here in Windows 8.1, it's pretty random, but I notice it when it starts with the red screen crashing while map changes in Battlefield 4.

There's a solution to lock the driver? Preventing the Windows 8.1 to change it automatically?

15. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Most likely because your CPU is not bottlenecking, nice system you got there btw. :)

16. Ashrak

Ashrak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    Why thank you sir :)

Hope mantle enables my system to run BF4 @ 1080p @ ultra with AA @ 70 FPS

(thats a lot of @'s)

17. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I did. First of all this app supports almost no games. Optimization is weird: I have comfortable fps on max settings fullHD in Dota 2 but App lowered my textures from High to Medium. But when I tried BF3 (where on large maps my fps struggles) App set all of my settings to Ultra. Not to mention this App has a lot of social functions, achievement tracking, overlay and worst of all - advertising. I don't need all that crap since 95% of my games are on Steam and Steam has all of those functions which are nicely integrated into games.
    To sum it up - you don't need this useless app. It's 100x times worse than Nvidia's GeForce Experience (nice interface, lots of games supported, no social crap and no ads, and pretty nice Shadowplay).

18. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I'm pulling my last hair out because of unsolvable mysterious behavior from my two R9 290x's.

When using beta driver V9.4 or 9.5, my system perfoms badly; low performance with a lot of hitching and a crackling sound in games.
    When using V9.2 this doesn't occur. I allready was affraid this issue gonna stay in V9.5 after it was introduced in 9.4

I have updated to the latest bios for my mobo, installed a fresh win 8.1, change my PCiE settings, disable X-Fi, etc. nothing seems to help..

What the ** did they change in V9.4 and 9.5 ?!! I cann't keep it this way, I don't know where to go, I cann't stay on V9.2 for ever...

Running 8.1 and system specs in cp.

I also send a ticket to AMD, but they don't seem to border.

19. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I order an AMD FX8320. I will have it next week. I hope I will see 99% gpu usage with it.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I like it.

Has some nice tracking functions, cross platform comunications/tracking, twitch stream , and an IE overlay. No more Alt-Tab.

and tons of free stuff.

so it has advertising, big deal. They have to make money somehow.

They are slowly rolling out more games. as more people use it, it will get better.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013