AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    screen flickering is gone on win8.1, but hey now i have this beautiful taskbar flickering and a mouse lag whenever something updates on screen, even blinking cursor while im writing this is causing it...

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Is it just me or is the HD7790 a very value card and gives some nice frame rates, but man is that thing bugged!? Everyone I see on hear that has one is always complaining about bad drivers or some bug?

3. stigbeater

stigbeater Guest

still get the 2nd gpu running at 99% bug in crossfire mode with these just done the Ulps fix. but i think its about time they got this bug sorted shouldn't have to be going in the registry and changing thinks to make the drivers work.

4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    The only game I can test it right now is Assassin's Creed 4. And on my HD6850 forcing Vsync in CCC and setting it to OFF in game settings does nothing. I still see screen tearing in the main menu.
    If I force Vsync via D3DOverrider it works ok.
    Used DDU to uninstall previous drivers. I think I have this Vsync issue on every 13.11betas.
    But as for Assassin's Creed - screen tearing is barely noticeable. Maybe it's because the game runs ~30fps on my machine. But since game menu runs at 60fps, I can see tearing there.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    13.11 beta 9.5 WOW!
    Even tho they is no Battlefield 4 changes in the changeLog, I did notice my two cards running much lower in temps. also battlefield 4 just ran super smooth "Like always for me tho" :D

My normal temps are 70c on both cards, no other change apart from driver now there 65c

Anyone else?

[​IMG]

6. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    running fine via the two 6870's in crossfire..

- cheers asder..:)

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Hmmmm, Ghost was a stuttering mess with TriFire HD7970's, but with this driver, it has improved quite a bit. Despite initial stutter at the beginning of a level, it smoothens out. I'll run FRAPS next time when I fire it up, haven't tried BF4 as I've already finished the SP mode (and I play SP mode only). But, I will fire it up the next time as well, it's getting kinda late here in my neck of the woods, gonna hit the sack now....

8. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    For 7790 use this drivers awesome :D
    -http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=384317

9. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    Hmm? Since past beta, I noticed there is a component named "ACP Application", anyone know what is it?

10. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Do you read tabloids, too?

I'm just glad others are beginning to see the pattern. Thought it was just me.

11. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    i use dynamic vsync from radeonpro, its the best experience really. I just setup a global profile so when i turn it on it gives dynamic vsync to any game.

12. Sufferage

Sufferage Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    Holy ****, i can confirm that :eek3:

Running 6850CF and getting a solid 60FPS (limited at 60 with RTSS) now, whereas i was getting incredibly jerky 20-25 before on 13.11b8, same goes for AC4 and BF4 also running way better now.... :confused::banana:
    All benchmarks i run after every driver change remained fairly constant though, no mentionable changes there....and on the downside, i'm too affected by the VSync issue now...

13. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    What bclk are you running at?

Get the bclk and HT speed up (Hyper Transport) and you will most likely see a nice speed increase overall on your system.

You are probably also going to want to up the speed on your RAM, even if it means loosening up the timings a bit.

Also look up "disabling core parking". That should help out a bit as well.

To smooth things out even more, set the power settings in Windows to have a minimum state of 100% for the CPU - no more CPU frequency jumping around if you do that.

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but probably because of the poor game performance it doesn't work as it supposed to on my PC. With DynVsync I get even more screen tearing than with VsyncOff. Or at least tearing is more noticeable.

P.S. waiting for the RP Infinite :)

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Intel processors don't use HyperTransport, they use QPI.

16. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    any idea if someone with 7850 like me, gonna benefit or not by installing this 9.5 beta ?

and i'm sorry that i'm about to go of topic a bit, but i don't know where to post my rant.

because when i checked the prices for R9 290 on my local stores, they are ridiculously overpriced, about $900 in every store.

and i can't buy overseas, because the custom in here, will held it hostage, and ask for ransom money.

i guess, i'm kinda stuck with 7850, man didn't even see this coming that R9 290 gonna be sold $900 locally.

i am waiting for the custom cooler, but since custom cooler are usually a lot more expensive than stock cooler, i guess the price range for R9 290 with custom cooler is around $1000-$1200.

17. exfire

exfire Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Hello

I have a r9 290 and CCC does not work Manual Overdrive

Best cap for game RIFT ™

18. GranPez

GranPez Guest

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    I'll check this driver, thanks!

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    sorry wrong post

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I didn't install this driver yet so I have no idea, but you likely won't loose performance if anything.

I'm in no real rush to update from 9.4.