Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    The ext socket next to the headphone plug on the controller, anyone know what its for, a future mini keyboard perhaps. ?

also I got a free ps4 camera with my pack has anyone tried it yet.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hold the PS button, adjust devices

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thanks.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^LMFAO there you go.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i want sony to bring more jap games to the west, monster hunter and monster ranch, my vits only gets used for white man gaming.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i want sony to bring more jap games to the west, monster hunter and monster ranch, my vita only gets used for white man gaming.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/03/ps4-global-sales-update/

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Now we just wait for the M$ announcement:

3 Million XBONES Sold!**

**To retailers, not customers.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The same thing though when shops are selling out of both.

Saying that don't see the Xbox number being close to 3 million.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I just think it's funny how M$ made the comment about also selling 1 million consoles in the first 24 hours... but their launch was done in 16 different countries, while 1 million PS4's were sold in 24 hours in the US alone.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Nothing funny it's good sales none the less tbh. Sony did better MS did good and sold out. It seems Sony has way more consoles to sell too. Since sony has already released in far more countries then ms and ms will release in rest of the 9 or so countries next year. -.-

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Well, it amuses me both systems sold more in a week than Wii U has all year. So long Nintendo. Rehashed Mario and Zelda games will only get you so far, as will your insanely high 3rd party licensing fee to develop on your consoles.

Anyways, I've been playing my xBox1 more than my ps4. Still have 2 chapters left in killzone but having a hard time getting back into it after playing ryse, killer instinct and madden 25 on x1. I still want to get knack for the heck of it.

Anyways, my x1 is getting all the use now, but ps4 has the games I'm excited about for the future, between Infamous second son, the order 1886, uncharted 4, destiny (non-exclusive but will get on ps4) the future looks good.

Xbox One, I dunno...TitanFall looks like a current gen game with one new ability, run up walls. Just seems gimmicky to me, but Sunset Overdrive? That game? Yes please. Asap.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes and I still do believe out of those 3 consoles Wii U is the best atm. :eek: what they more or less failed with was no games.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, I don't know about other uses but it is used by the Official DualShock 4 Recharging Dock to charge up the controller and allows for (surprisingly) easy insertion and removal from the dock. I would highly recommend this item personally as it works extremely well and given the DS4's poor battery life it is handy to have a dock that you can just pop the controller back into to recharge when you're not using it.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone getting error CE-34878-0 ("An error has occurred in the system software") *only* when viewing screenshots from the Folder icon in their Profile? I usually view screenshots but I believe that after I've uploaded some to Facebook then this bug occurs. I can watch videos without any issue even while another is being uploaded but viewing screenshots causes my PS4 to crash, bring up an error report submission and then returns to the home screen. It's very annoying.

The games all work perfectly though - I have eight installed disc games and five downloadable titles - without any crashes (NBA 2K14 has an audio 'cutout' glitch with DD 5.1 and DTS via optical though). I'm really not sure why the PS4 can run demanding games with no problems but stumbles when viewing screenshots taken from those games. Seems more likely to be a bug in the firmware/software than a hardware issue but it's frustrating that it happens so often. Sometimes I can view screenshots fine and sometimes those same screenshots cause the error even after I'd shut down and restarted my PS4. It's just weird really.

I've contacted Sony about it but have yet to receive any kind of response. My guess is they'll reply with the usual "this is the first time we've heard about this, blah, blah, blah" and then ask me to try a load of stuff that just ends up wiping my PS4 and not fixing anything. Call me a pesimist but you heard it here first!

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ps4 is coming in 16th of this month. but not sure to buy. no ps3 games available to it etc. so what will i play? KILLZONE? boring! AC4? lame.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Just wait you can always get it later lol :D

20. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Hey Darren just wondering how you are finding PS4 compared to X1 right now? I always feel you are a very objective mature person so I am very interested in your overall opinion.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.