ATI Radeon Xpress 1150/200M 13.5 Beta 2 Win 7/8_32/64bit driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jun 3, 2013.

1. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    • Try this, Uninstall everything completely using an uninstaller tool to clear out everything even the registry. I recommend this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505
    • MOD a new driver before you do the above step, disable DXVA tweaks and the disable ULPS option(leave un-ticked).
    • Install the new drivers and test for errors.
    • If all fails set your res to 1024x768 and test for a while.
    • If these steps don't solve your problem then revert to your old legacy:infinity: drivers

2. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    I will try can't promise anything....bit tight on time ATM.

3. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    I'll do those steps. I have made a fresh install with 13.5 modded (that you've posted here), with DXVA and ULPS options unticked. (after a cleaning with that tool).

Apparently, no problems.. (after 1+1/2 hours).
    If it occurs problems (black screen/restart, etc), next step I will try to reduce the resolution to 1024x768 (now i have maximmum 1280x800).

Next (if i got again problems), i will try with (with low resolution, DXVA and ULPS unticked) :
    - an older driver (older than 13.5)
    - a new driver

I'll return in a few days with the results of this ,,strategy"... Thanks again for ideas...

4. KitsuneFoxy

KitsuneFoxy Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 285 1GB
    no worries, I appriciate anything you can do :>

5. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    I am back with bad news...

Again, i got problems (after 6-7 hours of installing new driver). Same problem. Color screen (not black screen now), and restart.

I have change resolution from 1280x800 to 1024x768 - no effect

I havent mentioned something very important.
    I cannot install 10.2 alone on PC, even though it is dedicated for XPRESS 200M (cauze of Win8) - i got the message with: ,,Cannot find any installable package ...”. So, 10.2 alone (which was used as legacy for mixing) is not installing the driver for my PC.

The older driver that I use (8.3 version which coressponds with ATI Catalyst 7.6) is this: [​IMG]

Also, for installing this (older driver), i cannot use his setup - i have not a setup, just the driver package. I need to go in Device Manager and installing manually: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

UNFORTUNATELY, i have tried to mix the newest drivers with THIS driver (which is running on my PC, 8.323) instead of 10.2, but without success (i got low resolution after installing, etc.). So, the mod tool does not ,,mod" 8.3 (just after 9.3 i think)

Some conclusions after 2 days and nights of tryings..
    1. I can run without problems the 13th June 2007 driver (8.383) driver from ATI, BUT with manual installaton .
    2. I cannot run 10.2 legacy on my PC, even if i use setup.exe (i got ,,Cannot find any installable packages for..." ) or manually installation (in this case, no driver is found so i got the famous Windows' message : ,,The best driver for your PC is already installed... " which is false..
    3. I CAN run a 13.11 (a newer driver) MIXED with 10.2, using setup.exe, but the problems with screen and restarts of PCs -> THE ONLY DRIVER which i can install with setup.exe <-. So i can use setup.exe for mixed drivers

Because the problem appears only with modded drivers, i can say that a problem is with 10.2 driver which cannot be installed alone OR with modding tool, which mods ok but is missing some files.

I do not think it is a problem with CPU.

Later Edit: Something interesting is that the modded driver is changing my monitor driver/or name of the monitor, and in Everest i can see LG firmware (which is wrong). Isnt this causing my problem? With old driver, it says: ,,Generic PnP Monitor" which is OK (this is my monitor, not LG...).

Later Edit 2: I usually mod the newer driver (i am using the mod) without any video driver installed in my PC (just with Microsoft Adapter). So, i clean my pc (uninstall drivers, etc.) and just THEN i mod the newer driver with tool Is it a problem? Is it important what video driver is running during the process of moding OR the process of moding is independent of the current driver running on PC? Is it a must to have the older driver running on my PC when moding?

I have these doubt about the neccessity of using a specific video driver running on my PC when modding.

Here is a comparison between: configuration with older driver and newer driver: [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    No its not necessary to have older drivers on your pc running when modding but you will need to use a set of drivers that work with your system. If you use the windows driver it will be called that after modding the new drivers. Something gets really messed up with your installation: I use the 10.2 driver files as base in windows 8.1 and they have no issues whatsoever.
    Have you considered using the windows driver instead, it should be the stablest driver for that OS.

Keep trying you will find a solution to your problem.

8. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    I think we are on a good way...

I have seen just now that a new display was added at ,,Screen Resolution”. After installing the newer driver, i got another ,,available display out from FLEM mod” , display: Device on VGA. I have tried to set Device on VGA the main display, but the desktop appears incomplete and the mouse-arrow does not appear.

Could be these arctifacts caused because i got 2 displays?

Before: [​IMG]
    After: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  9. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    The problem was with the core. The GPU clock need to be changed from 330 Mhz (which is the normal freqvency) to under 300 Mhz (280-285) in order to accept this new driver. This means that in order to use modded driver, all owners of ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M should change with ATITOOL the GPU clock from 330 Mhz - original, to 280-285 - underclock procedure -

I am 50% happy, 50% upset.
    50% happy - because i've found the problem (the real problem)
    50% upset - because after decreasing the GPU clock to 285 Mhz, the fps average is 20.

So these arctifacts (and PC restarts) was caused by the GPU clock, even though it was not overclocked. Underclocking is solution.

How did I find that GPU clock is the problem?
    I made measurements: At 330 Mhz (original), i have problems after some minutes/hours. When i changed at 700 Mhz or 900 Mhz, the PC stopped working immediately, with the specific screen.

At 280 Mhz, i do not have problems. I am curios if, after more than 10-11 hours, the PC stops to work, because as I saw, the ,,timing of crashes" is directly proportional to GPU clock....

Now, i got a (last) question i hope. What is better/ or what is the best solution/option for an owner of this chipset?

1. To use modded drivers (like these posted by Amiloman - thanks again and appreciate your work!) BUT with a lower GPU clock rate - UNDERCLOCKING (270-280 Mhz) or
    2. To use older drivers, and for a better (a little better) visual change to OVERCLOCK the GPU (400-450 Mhz) ?

The original clockrate for this chipset is 330 Mhz.

Thanks for ... 3 pages of discussions!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  10. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    With the HD series it's the direct opposite, the modded drivers provide better overclocking capabilities with improved eye candy(visuals).
    In your case if that is the real issue then you have to trade off performance
    for visual candy or vice versa. Its a matter of preference at this point for you and the down-clocking may apply to only your machine because the other users have not been experiencing system crashes.
    Test and decide which alternative suites you best.

11. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Hello, I am sorry for bugging you after your hard work. These drivers don't install on my computer. My laptop is an emachines MX4624 with and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. I need to use Windows 8 as I need its features. After installing the drivers and copying the SysWOW64 folder I go to devmgmt.msc but windows is still using the Microsoft Basic Drivers. Please help me. I'm not sure what you need but my Hardware id's are PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0301107B&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0301107B
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&CC_0300
    Sorry for bugging you.

12. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi, no you are not bugging at all:)
    You can make yourself even newer drivers with the tool I created to empower legacy users with the ability to install the latest drivers.

Please follow this guide http://digitalflem.mydiscussion.net/guide

You can download it from here: http://digitalflem.mydiscussion.net/download

If you need a few ideas on how to use it and work around getting stuck not knowing what to do, you can read this thread about it here on GURU3D
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379516

If you have any questions we are here to help :)

Report back your results.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  13. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Hi thank you so much. I can finally use the 1280 x 1024 resolution my monitor needs. (Everything I own is pretty old.) Can you please make a driver for me using your magic? I can't do it right. Minecraft crashes with a graphics driver crash atioglxx.dll idk what these things are!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  14. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    The error you are getting is OpenGL related because your card can only support older versions of OpenGL so you need to MOD the older openGL files into your new driver. Add these two files into your MOD from the legacy package atioglxx.dl_ and Atiogl.xml files.
    This should sort out your Minecraft problems.

15. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Hi, I tried this and it worked! Only problem is the speeds are terrible. Minecraft im sure is running at 4fps. And GLN64 graphics plugin is running way worse then it did on xp with legacy drivers. Is there something I can do about that?

16. Saubha82

Saubha82 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon Xpress 1100 128 MB
    Radeon Xpress 1100/200M

Dear AmiloMan,

The link for the driver does not work, it is some AdWare disguised as the target file. Please do fix, and if you could help me out too then that would be great. I believe it might be the same thing we are looking for, since the cards are very similar. I am looking for a MODDED version of the latest drivers with all possible enabled features that supports my ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 1100/200M I believe it is 200M, as I hear people saying that that is the chipset on which it is based. I have tried to MOD it myself in so many ways, but unfortunately to no avail. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit edition on an Acer Aspire 5050-5430. I do hope you can help, as I have been getting terrible performance from the last released WHQL driver for this card and many crashes. Thanks so much and have a happy holiday!

17. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Have you tried this tool? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379516
    With the tool you can MOD the latest drivers for your card.
    EDIT:
    I saw in another post that you have already the tool. What is the DEV-ID of your card?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  18. Saubha82

Saubha82 Guest

GPU:
    Really need help...

Dear AmiloMan,

This driver does link does not work, it is some piece of MalWare disguised as the driver. I am still looking for a working (latest) driver for my Mobility Radeon Xpress 1100 on my machine running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I really need your help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and have a great day.

19. Saubha82

Saubha82 Guest

GPU:
    Device ID

How do I find the DEV-ID of my card?

Ope, I believe the device ID of my card is 5975. I did a screen capture, but it appears I cannot include it in this post unless I upload it to a website and include it as a hyperlink. I do hope you can help me, AmiloMan! :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  20. Saubha82

Saubha82 Guest

GPU:
    My Device ID appears to be 5975. I do believe I tracked it down. Are you able to help me? Thanks for responding to some of my earlier posts, by the way, it didn't let me know that you did but I noticed you had when I logged back into here.