AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.4 (13.250.18.00 November 22)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Roceh, Nov 22, 2013.

1. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Idk, doesn't work on my 6850.

2. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Jesus christ.

Gaming is doomed.

It's 2014 and consoles and PC's are still dribbling over 720p/1080p at 60FPS.

I might check back in a decade tbh.

Although while people are happy with 30-55FPS and VSYNC OFF quite frankly nothing gonna change.

3. Pathia

Pathia Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    That's the fun thing, even that doesn't work. None of RadeonPro's settings seem to work either.

4. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    His performance is actually pretty good for that game, considering he's using 4xmsaa. MSAA has a massive performance hit in dx11 games.

I play AC4 on mostly the highest settings, but with FXAA rather than MSAA. I was getting annoying drops to 30 fps, but solved that by forcing triple buffering with radeon pro, game ran really smooth 45-60 fps at 1080p after doing that, and the graphics are very nice. the game has some very nice foliage and lighting effects.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

5. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I had this same problem with my 280x (which is a rebranded 7970ge basically). I solved it with a vbios update from sapphire. There was a thread on it in the AMD forums: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=168806 and the sapphire forums: https://www.sapphireforum.com/showt...GB-GDDR5-OC-jump-frequencies-in-2d-mode/page3

I don't know if there are any vbios update available to fix this for your card, but its worth looking into, because vbios update definitely fixed it for me ;)

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just tested Halo with these drivers, vsync works fine there (caps at 85 FPS like my refresh rate is).

7. pedja doktor

pedja doktor Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7640g+7670m 2gb
    The 9.2 beta works gr8 for me,can anyone pls tell me if these are wort the risk of installing because I dont want to mess up my graphics again after I waited for months to find suitable driver for my laptop....

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

There's a risk with any driver you install :)

However, I can confirm that I installed BETA 9.4 just fine on my 7660G + 7670M laptop, and have working switchable graphics. I'd assume it would work fine for you, but I don't know for sure.

9. pedja doktor

pedja doktor Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7640g+7670m 2gb
    Thanks man,gonna try them out,I can always roll back to 9.2 if something goes wrong :thumbup:

10. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Beta 9.2 was better in BF4 on my system. Beta 9.4 sometimes have slowdowns, that wasn't on 9.2

But, everything else is good, no issue so far.

11. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Don't think vsync's working for me as well. Some games that I use vsync on has microstutter and tearing.

12. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I don't remember when I last use in-game VSYNC.
    RadeonPRO Vsync + Tripple Buffering since I remeber :)

13. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    Im going to buy a new r9 280x...its my first amd card and i have one question about the drivers.
    After i install the drivers i need to configure something in amd catalyst or is ready to go?

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You probably don't have to do anything, but you may want to skim through Catalyst just to be sure.

Graphics-wise, there's probably nothing you need to touch, but there could be some monitor settings you'd want to change.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    280X from GTX680?

16. Pathia

Pathia Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Doesn't matter, those of us with broken vsync have tried every method of turning it on and it never enables. I even reinstalled my OS from scratch to make sure it wasn't a driver issue, still persisted. Drop back to Beta 8 or earlier and it instantly vanishes as a problem.

17. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    I noticed the ulps bug is still there... I wonder why they dont fix this issue or give users the option to disable ulps while installing the driver. Its a pain in *** editing the register everytime, especially when you switch drivers alot. I forgot to disable ulps when installing this driver so my pc has been drawing alot more power then necessary for like one week. Either fix the damn bug or give us a option to disable it without going into the register.

18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Can anyone confirm Dota 2 crashes?
    Today I had like 4 crashes. Game just closing without any error and the only major thing I did to my system was installing 9.4Beta. Though it worked ok few days ago. Had a few crashes in AC4 with a reference to some ati dll in beta9.2 and 9.4.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just played a Co-op bot match on Dota 2 a little while ago without problem with these drivers.

20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I'm sorry you missed the point, entirely, and drew a false conclusion.
    Btw, you maybe didn't not notice that my cpu/ram/mobo are from 2007 and before.

Perspective. It's pretty important.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013