Call of Duty 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If you compare MW2, MW3 and Black Ops, where's the "arcade" part in Black Ops?

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Yeah, I like the game. If they fix the spawn points and improve the performance I'd be happy. The game just needs a good coat of polish overall.

BTW, Infinity Ward is doing a Q&A soon and wants your questions, jotting down all the issues is pretty therapeutic: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200803381#.UpPoWeLxqUk

3. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    True, but knowing IW they will patch this game up. The latest patch fixed A LOT of little annoying things in this game though. Plus the fact that Activision gives its devs 1-2 years to finish their games make it really difficult for them to polish their products to the fullest.

Although I am now able to play MP with HBAO+, everything set to extra, DOF, Vsync, motion blur, SMAA. Train detail and disorientation is set off though. I'm getting constant 60fps 90% of the time. Extinction drops FPS to 50 in the latest stages with like 20-30 enemies on the screen. (I think the latest beta drivers did some good to this game)

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Difficult to polish? As far as I know polishing and testing is all they're doing for the last 6 months before release.
    They're always updating the engine, a little, but everything apart from that would be purely based on the content itself.
    IW did a lousy job with MW3 and they started off even below that with Ghosts.

I've only seen this form of stuttering a single time before, well actually twice:

Black Ops (1), on release day. Stuttering was fixed with the first patch.
    Modern Warfare 1, starting of a round in MP, due to Punkbuster updates.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game updated again, no changes posted but apparently this might have enabled PhysX functionality.

EDIT: Yep, dynamic fur (Even on AMD GPU's, two quality levels.) and if you have a Nvidia GPU you can also enabled Turbulence particles.

EDIT: Riley's tail looks better but otherwise I'm not seeing any larger changes with the fur effect.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't see the option for Turbulence particles in the video settings. Only the fur is there, the high level destroys performance (40fps average instead of 60) and barely looks better than the low level.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unless the option isn't working correctly then neither of them seem to do much to performance for me, possibly the high option requires a NV/CUDA GPU.

EDIT: Images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Even on my GTX770 the high fur is barely playable. I'm playing the mission "Brave New World" where Riley is most featured and the fur in that case isn't even an option.
    The low level runs fine however.

No Apex stuff in my video settings. Weird.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

Not my screen but the options should look like this, I also only see the fur option.

10. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    @ Radical_53 True I'm not defending the devs in any way and it's a shame that a billion dollar company like Activision would allow something like that happen but they do push their devs to release products really fast. Activision has only released COD (in terms of big games)the past years yet they had never had a 'clean' day one release.
    On the other hand BF4 release= BUGGY AS HELL from what I here from friends. GTA5 online release also a mess. Sad to see billion dollar companies don't proper test their games, yet indie and smaller devs are able to release really polished games.

I haven't played the latest modern shooter besides BF3, Ghosts and BOPS (which I sold back in one week) but I do remember that back in the COD1, 2, BF1942, BF Vietnam and all those classic FPS shooters' day, the games were released with almost no technical problems even though pc's weren't as strong as today.

Publishers these days are more concerned about their financial gains rather than people having fun, they have the mentality of release the game asap and patch it as we go along. Which is sad but I only buy games that I like or wait...

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I can confirm the APEX particles aren't there. I only see the fur option.
    Maybe this will be enabled with the new beta drivers. I'm on the 331.82.

Anyway, game runs rather well but they didn't do anything to improve performance. I still get some weird stuttering in the "Hunted" mission.

Infinity Ward need a new engine ASAP. This one won't cut it for next-gen.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Apex is there, but only in multiplayer. Whatever they thought when they did that...

@zurvan: From my point of view, 2 years should be "fine" for an "upgraded" title, one that has a history and people with lots of experience working on it. I'm a huge fan of the series but everyone knows they aren't reinventing the wheel here.

For what I remember, and this may be biased as I have neither an AMD CPU nor one of their GPUs, the past launches have all been fine. Not perfectly fine but I can't remember having *any* problems after the day-1 patches arrived.
    Nothing even close to what this game has, issue-wise, up to this date.
    Battlefield, on the other hand, has always had these issues. Usually it took them around half a year, at least, to fix. Their game is far more complex though and I'm rather sure EA pushes them to release each and every time. That's their track record.
    I've never had this with CoD though.

13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    That doesn't make a lick of sense. :3eyes:

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    AWESOME!!

Immediately after new update I am getting "driver stopped responding error" after about two minutes of play!!!!

WELL DONE ACTIVISION YOU HAVE F**KED UP YOUR GAME AGAIN!!!

EDIT:

What the hell, steam JUST downloaded ANOTHER 250MB patch!??

EDIT2:

NOPE!!!! STILL CRASHES AS SOON AS I ENTER A GAME!!! WTF ACTIVISION!!!!????

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes. I guess that's for the five guys, apart from myself, who'd run multiplayer with all details maxed out. Even then though I'd want singleplayer to be, at least, as detailled as multiplayer. Higher would be preferable of course.
    These guys are really weird. The "fur shader" and Apex even use the same config lines they had in the first iteration of the configs. Nothing changed. Maybe it has been there all the time, since release?

16. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He looks a lot better now :p
    Especially in motion, his fur is interactive with individual strands.

17. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    Overall the update has smoothed some annoying issues. things I've noticed on my amd card

- Multiplayer has Store tab
    - game starts faster (before it would take 6-8 sec to launch with steam)
    - AA option now shows 1×smaa
    - the annoying gpu load beginning of a match is now gone (my fps would drop and it took like 5 sec for gpu to load and render gfx)
    - fps in matches are much more stable
    - Some say that SLI has also been improved...
    I don't know who handles the mp (I thought it was developed by Raven Software) but they are definitely improving the experience.

Stutter is still a bit present although I don't know if it's micro stutter or in game lag because some matches are A LOT smoother on other lobbies.

@Spets FurFx on Riley isn't much optimized on AMD cards (even on low) still Riley is a BEAST :p

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep

I have fixed my crashes for now, turns out I had ULPS disabled in MSI AB for testing purposes and forgot to change it back (it was also causing gpu spikes when idle which is also no gone)

fps does seem more stable.

Terrain detail STILL destroys FPS and it also now has options for low, medium, high, and extra as apposed to just on/off.

Running the game maxed out, 1080p, eveything on highest it can go apart from terrain detail (OFF) and of course motion blur which I just generally hate anyway also I use FXAA instead because with Extra image quality and even 2xMSAA it hits performance like a brick to a jaw bone also 2xmsaa does literally nothing to IQ whereas FXAA seems to actually help out more and has literally no impact of performance.

I still get frame drops when looking out far into a map though and in a gun fight that is no good.

19. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    Ok nice to hear you can play now :p

yeah level of detail and map details is still a bit messy.
    Another minor thing (which was annoying) you can now minimize the game by pressing alt+tab or windows button lol. I couldn't do that in a multiplayer match and had to go to main menu every time.

20. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Are u kidding me?

CoD Engine is 10 years old but now we have Fur Tech technology?

[​IMG]