Need for Speed Rivals

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I've read all the posts since the hack was posted and I didn't see that being mentioned five times. I think you just needed a reason to be rude

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    just a consideration, until Ghost games dont look into the possibility of get the game up and running at 60fps with some decent optimizations, im thinking going back to 30fps but with resolution scale to 2k.
    Im trying so hard but i cant bear the jaggies, unless someone comes up with a working sli flag. Its hurting my eyes lol.

3. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Clearly you haven't read any carefully enough to see it mentioned even once. It gets awful frustrating when people keep asking the same questions again and again because they can take few seconds to read something and comprehend it. I should add this isn't the only forum I browse on the subject and they tend to blend together after awhile.

The BF4 SLI flag offers at least some improvement. I'm using res scaling at 1.7 and locked it to 40fps plus efx/sweetfx.. Compromise until improvements are released.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Well right now im using SweetFX profile by K-putt along with Boulotaur2024 Injector. +Chromatic Aberration Shader which is a bit more taxing, but gives better results.
    also using 2.0 Resolution Scale along with 45FPS framerate cap.
    This is the line im using:
    -Render.ResolutionScale 2.0 -GameTime.MaxSimFps 45 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 45.0 -MaxVariableFps 45 -MaxInactiveVariableFps 45

As the profile, ive linked it a few pages back.
    Its steady 45fps, i can go up to 50fps, but it will be too much unstable. This will do.

5. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    To keep 60fps is possible set ResolutionScale lower than 2.0. For example 1.800000 its a good compromise, not lost IQ and gain more frames ;)

6. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Performance problems is not SLI related. The game has a few cpu bottlenecks. It's designed around 30 fps limitation. There are a few locations where 60 fps is not possible in a 2700K@4.9 ghz runing at lowest settings and 720p (is not a gpu bottleneck).

7. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    True. Once i set resolution scale 1.800000 (instead 2.0) i keep 60fps every where with max settings and FullHD res + SFX. I'm really satisfied now :banana:

8. sl4y3r

sl4y3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    That was gonna be my question, if 45 would work, As im running 6870s in CFX and i doubt it will handle 60 at all times, So thanks for that.

Also, would someone whos finished the game be kind enough to share their savegame. I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE A FERRARI AFTER 11 years in an NFS Franchise! Pretty Please!

9. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Guys, althouth the game at 60 fps looks great. Physics are messed up at this framerate.
    Players at NFS Rivals forums have reported this. Issues with EMP, drifting, bumping cars etc.
    Just want to make sure you know this.

10. AvalancheRyder

AvalancheRyder Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680 / 4GB
    Is anyone else experiencing frame rate dips when using hardware that should be able to achieve 60 FPS? I am able to achieve 60 FPS, but there are times when it dips down to the 40s, and on rare occasions, into the 30s. Admittedly, I'm not as knowledgeable as most people on this forum, but shouldn't I be able to achieve a steady 60 FPS with this set up? This is with a resolution of 1920x1080 and all adjustable graphics settings turned to either "low" or "off" in the PC Options menu. Thanks!

GPU - GeForce GTX 680 4GB
    CPU - Intel Core i5-3570k @ 3.4GHz
    Memory - 8.00 GB RAM
    Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise

11. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Game is cpu limitted in many places

12. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    You´re right, 45 seems to work a lot better, and is a massive improvement in smoothness over the standard 30 fps. Still wish I could use 60 though, 45 is still quite "jerky"

13. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    We have pretty much the same hardware, res scale at 2.0 seems a bit too much for 2gb cards, at least in my case. Can you really mantain 45 fps at all times with 2.0?

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    is -MaxVariableFps 45 -MaxInactiveVariableFps 45 doing anything ?

15. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Try with 1.800000 res scale value ;)

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Don't know about you but my physics glitch out a lot at 30 too. The way cars wreck at high speeds is absolutely nonsensical sometimes. I've bumped mine to 40 for now.

Not surprised to see how many cards can maintain 60 FPS either. Frostbite 3 is no graphical powerhouse. I've been maintaining 40 FPS rather easily @ 2560x1440 with 1.4 res scale.

17. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Absolutely. I noticed this right away the other day. VRAM is the limitation here and the cause of a lot of stuttering and frame dips if you push it to far. 2GB just doesn't cut it anymore in most of the newer games. Problem is being an nvidia fan, we dont' have many options. The 780 has 3GB but even that is just barely enough right now. Won't be long until that's obsolete too. r290 with 4GB seems to be the sweet spot currently. And I am aware of the 4GB variants of the 6 and 7 series. They are limited by bus bit width being stuck at 256.

I think the game looks better at native res and 2.0 res scaling. Downsampling via resolution change seems to make certain elements look better (like distant environment assets, mountains etc) but the cars themselves lose details. Maybe it's just my eyes or preference.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  18. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Yep i can mate. Maybe its the overclock, the OS, the different tweaks, dunno. Also it may be those added 2 commands.

19. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Maybe its a placebo, but it helps keeping the framerate even across the board. Without em the framedips are more severe.

20. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Is this game worth it? I am looking for a fun race game with nice graphics.