Need for Speed Rivals

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Sorry i meant to say SLI and not AA in previous post. I think game is average at best anyhow so i wont be playing it again. Check out the AA thread for flags.

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    good I want smaa2tx :) will try it.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    WOW!!! This game looks absolutely stunning using the 2.0x Res Rescaling tweak! But damn is it taxing, I have kept the 30fps lock on and still it drops to as low as 25fps in heavy areas. Will test out 1.5x instead and see if I can maintain 30fps. But daaaamn it does looks gorgeous with 2.0 enabled.

EDIT:

Tested with 1.5 res scaling and I am getting some VERY weird issues with distant textures, popping in and out SOOOO badly...

Check it out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

5. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Anybody getting disconnected all the time from Ea servers?

Do you guys think that increasing the physics to 60fps may cause this? I´m thinking it´s a definite posibility, especially since you are automatically thrown into a room with other racers and everybody´s progress is displayed at the same time in the Game map.

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I've finished now Racers career...well, for me this is one of the most great NFS of the last 5 years. Now i'm ready for begin the cops ride.

7. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    I played a couple of hours yesterday, and while it is definitely the best NFS in years, I feel like it definitely has some glaring problems. Is it to much to ask for a way to pause the game??? How about a freaking hood cam??? And 30fps is just not acceptable, not when people have 144fps capable monitors and monstrous SLI/Crossfire rigs. If the developers seriously think that then they should be prohibited from releasing PC Games, maybe they should work exclusively for Nintendo. And I´m not buying that crap about them needing to design the game that way for multiplayer purposes. What if BF4 (same engine by the way) ran at a max of 30fps? Also, I´m not really crazy about mixing the whole single and multiplayer experience, what´s wrong with going into a different section where I´m able to filter exactly what type of race I want to join, maybe I´m just an idiot and haven´t figured out the multiplayer portion yet,

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    There is a 30fps cap unlock. Look a few pages back.

I'm now done the racers career and part of the cops career and while it's been fun, there are plenty of issues with it. It really needs a free roam mode, the cop AI is impossible to beat after a certain heat level/player level making any chance at finishing all of the events impossible. They just ram and destroy you regardless of car upgrades. That along with mountain and distant texture being really poor in some areas. Customization of cars is pretty basic. It needs more wheel choices, aero kit choices etc. Oh and really, a sound menu option to turn down off the music in a racing game is pretty standard now. I want to hear the car not the crappy song for the millionth time.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Why are all NFs games now so focused on Hyper cars, I prefer the modding and taking a sports or muscle car and making it your own rather then just ''hey look a veyron that's fast, that's what people want in their game right?''

10. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    I set fps to 60 and while it works fine most of the time, I get weird slowdowns sometimes, only while driving through certain areas, we need a better SLI profile. I´ve tried the BF4 profile and the manual SLI bits posted a couple of pages back and while they help, it´s still not ideal.

11. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

You can change those 60 variables to anything. 45 works well too, and really, anything above 30 is an improvement at this point. Your fps are falling below 60 causing most of those issues. Agree with the driver support.

12. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    I gotta agree. Well, maybe it's because the devs think, that the whole car mod scene has died down? I'm not really sure, but I mean NFSU was spawned by Fast and the Furious and since then FF series has sort of changed and car modding/street racing scene isn't a corner stone there anymore that much and my guess is the devs thought it's all a thing of the past.

Kinda liking the game so far, but it's just so odd how difficulty spikes in this game... At first you might be kicking ass and taking names, the the other second you're getting your ass handed to you. It's just so bizzare. I just can't really understand, what made the devs remove the pause button. I mean wtf am I supposed to do, when I'm in a middle of a pursuit and have gathered quite a lot of sp, and suddenly my phone rings, or I have to take a piss, or my cat set my house on fire..?

13. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    that happened to me with no mods from 1.0 version, but the 1.2.0.0 version fixed that for me? I love the game btw, i have no issues with the 30fps lock, as long as its 30fps all the time. But guys, DICE is saying that they know that BF4 (frostbyte3 same engine as you know) is flawed, or broken, and that they will fix both the bad performance in BF4 (and i think that is affecting all fb3 engine games) and all those weird soundbugs and more. They have the whole team working on it (or they say). So if they keep their word, DICE are respectable (atleast if EA lets them to be), so I think they will be fixing frostbyte3 soon. I think the destruction is very good, much better than in BF3 (sorry talking about BF, but is more the engine im talking about), but I think visually BF3 is many ways better looking than BF4.

This i think is because they did it for next gen consoles in mind when building it? But as the ps4/XB1 are like small HTPC´s, I think this engine will get better allround (nextgen&pc). What i see as a problem, is that AMD has monopoly on the nextgen consoles. So im 99.9% sure, that many games, future games will be "MANTLE" based games for the PS4/XB1, and this is not good for us PC gamers because this will make us either be forced to buy AMD gpu´s (which isnt a bad thing, but I dont like when companies force things on us), and the other problem is that soon Nvidia will propably have its own Mantle coming out, and here is where the problems get huge for all of us. Im concerned for PC gamings future, its propably ending with STEAM taking over or AMDs Mantlevision (new system?:)), or just give up pc gaming and go for consoles(i have my ps4 preordered and reserved for me, but i would have it anyway as I like consoles and pc´s, i like em both, im not a fanboy for pc only or console only as I think that is idiotic, why not enjoy all the fun both can give us?)?

Ps. Dont be chocked if soon when the mantle version of BF4 is up, or mantle driver or how its released (i dont know), if the Mantle version will be performing in line with BF3 performance (which was great, specially today) with the normal BF4 performance being bad until AMD´s moneycontract with dice runs out and DICE again can optimize DX11 version as much as mantle? Or something, and Im not against Mantle, when it comes to the console sides of things, because with AMD monopoly on the gpu´s on both ps4/XB1, mantle is all good and will give us great performance on these nice consoles that cost as much (or little) as 1 decent midrange gpu ala (gtx660 - GTX760). For that you get a whole working machine that is a complete working game machine? So why do people expect 4K performance at 60fps, when not even 2000$ dollar pc cant do that?

PPs. Sorry long ps. ;)

EDIT: Is there anyway to pause the game??? I know its centered on a MP experiance, so its hard to pause the world when others are in the world, but when playing offline should have somekind of pause. So annoying when you cant take a break without either letting the racers flee or play until the mission is done and then do whatever you needed to do?

14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Just had something happen that made me want to quit this game entirely.

My objective list was absurd. Win 4 head to heads, side slam 10 racers, tech hit 10 racers, 3 perfect turbos, and something else I forget. It took me maybe 40 minutes seeing as I was constantly being chased by 5 cops and a helicopter. It was all I could do to stay alive while trying to find more racers to tech hit. Finally I finished it and my car was IN a hideout. I was mashing page up but instead of banking my points, I got busted.

Problem is this game really doesn't respect your time. With no pause in single player, you can be 30 minutes into an objective and have to step away for some reason. In that case, you're screwed.

So I'll probably just ditch the game. No time to finish the objectives with the small windows I have for gameplay these days....

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I do them in parts, finishing one goal at a time and so far that has worked. :)
    (Once crossed out they should be saved so you don't have to finish everything in one go, might need to return to the hideout / command post and save the progress but I don't think it matters if you get busted or such, it'll still keep the goals you finished.)

16. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

lol Jim that happened to me once, critical damage and they finished me off before the game would allow me into the hideout, and I learned my lesson. On the more difficult ones just do them in parts or one at a time as Jonas has pointed out and bank them. Doing the earn this amount of sp in one outing is more difficult. Just stick to the long straight hwy part of the map with turbos and you can out run the cops everytime. Plenty of hideouts and gas stations along that route too.

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    !!!!!

I had no clue you could do that. I thought everything had to be finished in 1 bloody sitting. Arrrrrg.

On the plus side, I created a cheat engine table to toggle the HUD on and off. So that's nice.

18. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Just wonderful mate! Thx so much...now we need a free camera mod and it'll be perfect.

19. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I tried that FPS hack and my game runs in a slightly slo mo looking mode with both set at 60

20. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    For the 5th time, it's because you're dropping below the 60 limit. Use a lower number than 60 that you can maintain at all times.