Call of Duty 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    It looks like lowering settings free some Vram, thats why few more textures will load up correctly :). But still, it will not solve our texture issue and this game eats just unbelievable amounts of Vram. If I run 640x480 resolution this game still allocates almost 2GB Vram:eek3: and Its hard to belive any current game needs this amount of Vram (in this resolution and without AA).

2. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Might be but on the other hand I have enabled most options that MrH has disabled (like Dof, AA, motion blur and SSAO) and the gfx is now working well on MP. SP is still somewhat messy though. It definitely has to do something with the latest patch. Before tweaking the gfx settings I clicked on optimal video settings and then tweaked some things manually and it helped. Maybe things got reset some how...

3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Could you try 640x480 resolution, just for testing purposes :) ?? Textures loads correctly in that resolution ?

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well I switched to the amd_catalyst_13.11_betav94 set and now I can finally run the game on these settings at 1920x1080 without any issue...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was there a patch I didn't know about?

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Is there any slight reason why you'd put anisotropic filtering to low? Since I've gotten to know this, it never really cost any performance. Well, maybe not the first generation but after that it really never made a difference. Around 10 years ago :D

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I have it set to 16x in RadeonPro.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Oh ok. So it doesn't make a difference what you set it to in-game, right? You just need to set it to some form of filtering to make the override work?

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  9. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    Ok I tried it on SP and it definitely worked at first. (I had textured again on things like the serial nr on guns, glove textures, names on fire extinguishers etc) But 640*480 on a Full HD monitor is like: :banana:

So then I played a bit of SP and progressed one level and the textures are now back again (even with AA settings on). The game is much smoother now (don't know if it has something to do with the latest Beta driver (which didn't add anything special to the this game tbh).
    But I got my textures back, still the ground textures are muddy up close (like BF3) but other things look sharp enough :)

Edit: I'm playing with HBAO+ now and 60 FPS now :p Game looks MUCH bettet with HBAO+

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  10. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Single Player Campaign - Music and Videos

This concerns the single player campaign.

DISABLE IN-GAME MUSIC:

Some people like dramatic in-game music during action parts, while others find it intrusive. The game has no music volume slider/switch, so if you want to disable the in-game music then here are the exact files to rename (single player):

- soundfile5.pak
    - soundfile8.pak
    - soundfile11.pak
    - soundfile20.pak
    - soundfile23.pak
    - soundfile26.pak
    - soundfile29.pak
    - soundfile35.pak
    - soundfile38.pak
    - soundfile41.pak
    - soundfile44.pak
    - soundfile48.pak
    - soundfile53.pak
    - soundfile56.pak

DISABLE MISSION INTRO MOVIES:

On my system the mission-load movies slows down the whole loading process (probably because I have VSync on). Or if you find it irritating to watch the same mission intro videos each time a level loads, then disable (rename) each video after watching it. These are the filenames exactly in the sequence that they appear from mission 1 onwards (single player):

- prologue_load.bik
    - deer_hunt_load.bik
    - nml_load.bik
    - enemyhq_load.bik
    - homecoming_load.bik
    - flood_load.bik
    - cornered_load.bik
    - oilrocks_load.bik
    - jungle_ghosts_load.bik
    - clockwork_load.bik
    - black_ice_load.bik
    - ship_graveyard_load.bik
    - factory_load.bik
    - las_vegas_load.bik
    - carrier_load.bik
    - satfarm_load.bik
    - satfarm_b_load.bik
    - loki_load.bik
    - skyway_load.bik

PS: I have scripts that automate the renaming/restoring of both music and video files, but I just realized you cannot upload attachments to the forum. In the "old" days we usually could.... I think :)

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    apart from the doggie what else is getting the FuRR injection?
    thanks.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Three canine characters, Riley (The dog, used in five or so levels, featured a bit more often in the early parts of the game.), Wolves (One of the SP levels has a group of them.) and finally the attack dog in the MP modes.

EDIT: Plus Apex (Turbulence?) smoke particles which I guess will be featured on a variety of levels and maybe also from the muzzle flashes during firefights?
    (The smoke effect in the jungle level already looked pretty good for a Call of Duty game so it'll be interesting to see how they've improved it with GPU hardware acceleration via PhysX.)

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    oh thanks, Jonas. gotta get it as soon as the update hits. it's cool they're in MP too.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I just checked -> did I miss the start of the discussion? Any news on the patch?

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    It's coming but we don't know when.
    The AC4 Physx patch will come out early December.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    wasn't the ac4 PhysX update released the other day, WhiteLightning done a vid and I seen the smoke react to cannon balls being shot through it, and White said the explosions were enhanced.

17. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    There would be a Physx option in the settings if that was the case. :)
    And I think Nvidia would have made an article about that.

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm starting to get really sick of getting marker after hit marker only to die in a microsecond, it feels like only 50% of my hit markers actually register. When the game first came out it felt like CoD 4, now it's just horrible. Dedicated servers my fat, hairy ass.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  20. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    Yeah hit detection goes up 10 times and when you watch killcam you get the dude like 2-3 times :p

Still the game is really fun imo and feels definitely like old COD's. Treyarch made the game WAAYY too arcady...