Need for Speed Rivals

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Use Res upscaling ;)

Create a User.cfg with this commands and put it into game root (where is located EXE):

Render.ResolutionScale 1.5000000 or

Render.ResolutionScale 2.0000000

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I did that but at 2.0 its super slow :) 1.5 its oookk but dont want it..

I need another technique for AA.. like SGSSAA but how..

3. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Why dont u like 1.5 mate? Improve IQ very much for me..and dont blur the image. SGSSAA btw its a frame killer too.

4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Mate user.cfg doesnt work in this game, only if you add the commandline in the exe link.

just tried myself and i can confirm this. Besides, the 60fps commands works great and im getting steady 60fps with sweetfx on top.

Gotta do another video soon.

5. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Yes, it works but not for frame rate unlocker. I have tested by myself and i can confirm. U can enable WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 2048
    Render.ResolutionScale 2.0000000 with config User.cfg and apply at the same time the strings -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0 by shortcut for get 60fps rock solid.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess it's like with CryEngine and Autoexec.cfg against System.cfg wherein both methods work but the commands are loaded at different times during the games start-up period.

So the User.cfg file for Frostbite is probably loaded too late for system changing settings to work correctly whereas loading them from the command-line works.

Either that or you can override some restricted commands that way.
    (Must be a oversight during development if so, guess we'll see with the next update if they remove the functionality or maybe even expand upon it and enables a few in-game console commands like with Dice and Battlefield 3 and 4.)

7. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    thats explain why i wasnt getting the FPS unlocked. Too bad i cant achieve a stable FPS, there are some drops here and there.

For those with SLI drops, instead using the BF3/4 SLI BITS, try to use NFS:THE RUN sli bits, it helped alot here.

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Works fine for me. Though I'm only setting resolution scale there.

9. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Yep, Nightwalker also confirmed that works, just not for uncap the framerate.
    Cant use Resolution Scale now that ive uncapped the framerate, there are too many drops in the 45's. Ill stick with sweetfx and 60fps.

10. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    EDIT, solved.

Is this: 0x080116f5?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013

11. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Nope, is this: 0x00000004 (Need for Speed: The Run, Blacklight: Retribution, Cascades, Alien vs. Triangles, Company of Heroes 2)

But results may vary. With resolution scale, i get better usage with BF4 profile. Without it, The Run bits are fine.

Hows your 2 780's olding up? Rock solid 60fps along with RS?

12. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Not for me..with 0x00000004 i've crappy scaling, much better with this one 0x080116f5 or with BF4 Sli Bits. How u have set SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT?

13. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Count_Four naturally. Yeah i guess its an hit or miss. (OT: ma insomma, ce l'hai o no il resolution.scale abilitato? perchè se tieni i 60fps con l'RS devo dire che le 780 sono mostri, non gpu! :D e ti ho risposto al pm! /OT)

14. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    In media sto a 55fps, 3840x2160 (che e' lo stesso dell'upscaling 2x) ..in effetti sono 2 mostriciattoli! :D Col tuo profilo SLi pero' le prestazioni calano di molto..meglio quello che usavo prima.

15. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    [OT]
    Vero...gli bits di bf3 sono migliori. Col resolution scale vado uno schifo purtroppo, sto intorno ai 45/50 se mi dice bene.[/OT]

Also guys, for those with huge fps drops, try to add these lines as well:
    -MaxVariableFps 60 -MaxInactiveVariableFps 60

Seems that helped with huge fps drops delivering a more constant framerate. (Placebo for sure)

16. Tacoyum

Tacoyum Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Okay, I'm having some trouble with this

I've created a shortcut to my NFS14.exe, but how/where do input the -GameTime string?

17. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Thanks!
    With this, the game looks awesome, except for the HUD, which gets a bit pixelated.

I tried SweetFX but I kept getting an error...don't know how to use it :/
    (The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d11.dll.)

EDIT: Just found out that I have that error with SweetFX because I'm on Windows 8.1.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I simply can not get it to unlock the frame rate from 30 to 60fps!

This is how my shortcut target looks:

What am I doing wrong? I have made a shortcut to the X64-bit exe and added the two command lines to the shortcut (as seen above) I load the game up with fraps enabled and its STILL locked at 30fps???

EDIT:

Nevermind!!

LOL I figured it out, you have to make a shortcut to NFS14.exe and add the target line -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60

So it looks likes this:

I get 60fps most of the time, only in really heavy chases/races it drops to low 50's and its still pretty smooth. Going to try to upscale tweak now but stay at 30fps instead I don't think I will be able to push 60fps with res upscale.

19. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Thanks. I think everyone would appreciate it, (and it might even be forum rules) if you would converse in English.

20. jonnyram39

jonnyram39 Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670 4GB FTW tri
    I can't keep 60fps in heavy traffic for some reason all my cards showing 50-60% usage but yet i drop to 50 which really shouldn't be happening with this type of game.