ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Yes, I am using the Cleaners. No, I haven't tried installing just the driver. Actually, I tried that once some time ago and it didn't work too.

2. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Thank you, Dellon. Now the driver works again. No more Signature Bug for me :)

3. Thomas Llewelyn

Thomas Llewelyn Guest

GPU:
    no
    Thanks dellon, but I'm having some problems with the latest driver.
    [​IMG]
    Win 7 64bit
    Radeon HD5670
    and I've disabled the digital signature.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. rizlo

rizlo Guest

GPU:
    amd 4890
    still no go.also if you run both cleaners and install the driver with dde enabled and basic adapter,restart again with dde enabled so it can load the driver,in firefox(latest flash player)you can't change the quality unless you try to play another video(reloading the page won't work).with 10.3 works normal.if i install the driver with wddm 1.1 this problem won't appear for latest flash player.i also removed the advanced micro legacy devices certificate and reinstalled the 11.3 driver without dde enabled.it installed fine and added the certificate again.also tried to install the driver like someone suggested by setting the date back by 1 month(1/10) still no go.all this in 8.1.haven't tested in 7

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Seems to be a specific problem with your PC. You can, Try performing a Full Cleanup using the Package Cleaner. However it will remove all software (most) in Program and Features.

Sure.

When does the Bsod Occur? Also, are you by chance experiencing problems with driver signature?

Try changing your TimeZone to UTC Eastern Time US and Canada.
    Sync your time using the internet
    Uninstall Drivers and Software using the included Cleaners.
    Restart Your System.
    Attempt to Re-install the Driver.

Other Thoughts

For Flash Videos, try changing quality then skip between different parts of the video to apply your settings.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  6. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Ok thanks, I will try it out.

7. ingmacl

ingmacl Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 3650 AGP 512mb
    1. Those files was on the driver folder "E:\ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.7.4All Supported OS\ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.7.4All Supported OS\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF"

2. I Uninstalled all legacy files, run the cleaning apps and re download the file, still missing the Win7 x32 drivers, only files that mentioned above is in the folder, maybe is a wrong file uploaded? maybe i'm doing something wrong.

3. I try the previous build "ATI_Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 5 Pre 8 x32Bit Legacy Driver" and install the drivers ok,and in the driver folder the CL files are present and this i guess are the win 7 x32 drivers, but with this drivers i cannot run smoothly HD videos on Chrome web browser from youtube, and still wanna try this build.

Can you help me ?

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Take the msi from the older 12.11 modded legacy driver and copy it to the new 12.11 modded legacy driver.
    Next rename the INF file to match the name of the msi installer that was copied. (Do not change the File extensions)
    After doing so, attempt to install the driver again.

9. Thomas Llewelyn

Thomas Llewelyn Guest

GPU:
    no
  10. SamLab

SamLab Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 640M + Intel 4000

11. ingmacl

ingmacl Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 3650 AGP 512mb

Do it as you said and all is working now!

Tested HD Videos in media players and run smoothly ,in web browser is not so ok, but i'm sure this is a flash player and chrome problem.

Thanx Dellon for all your help!

Edit: how exactly can i run the xFLASH GPU , only double click to install?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  12. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    I think is more of your CPU problem (if you have Pentium IV like in your profile)
    I have a friend with has an Intel Dual Core 3.2 Ghz and can't play 1080p videos on youtube...

13. semisator

semisator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks for the latest driver. Here are some observations during installation process on my pc.

1) Installation of driver in normal mode with everything cleaned up including basic win wddm driver:

Driver setup didn't skip display driver this time which is good however driver won't load during the setup process (no flickering) resulting in usual message after installation process completed. No AMD display driver installed please install bla bla....

2) Installation of driver in normal mode with everything cleaned up OVER basic win wddm driver:

Everything ok except the message about driver's digital signature problem. I simply choose install anyway and it worked nicely.

3) Installation in safe mode without any wddm driver installed. Now something very interesting happed. I can't tell if it's usual or not.

Here is the message I'm getting:

[​IMG]

14. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    With ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.7.3 (and 11.10.6.7.7.4) my infamous artifacts problem are back.

There is no artifacts problem with V11.8 but DXVA not working correctly. (and by the way I upgraded Windows 8.1)

Update : installing last avivo and other video related things from last package solved the my DXVA problem.

15. rizlo

rizlo Guest

GPU:
    amd 4890
    changing time zone didn't solve the sig problem.i noticed in driver details that some of the dll,sys files are signed and others are not.also when comparing the inf files of the latest driver you made and 11.3 for windows 8.1 i noticed that these 2 entries are missing from the latest driver you made.[SignatureAttributes]-atiumd6a.dll=SignatureAttributes.PETrust and atiumdva.dll=SignatureAttributes.PETrust .these 2 entries are missing from the upd build 6.5 too. i don't know if that helps you in anyway

16. rizlo

rizlo Guest

GPU:
    amd 4890
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  17. liquidfox12

liquidfox12 Guest

GPU:
    ati x1400
    Drat i guess nothing can be done about it , thanks for trying anyways

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Well, I will attempt resolve the bug in the next update.

Hmm, I will exclude Launch.exe from the next release, but there shouldn't be any problems.

Strange, does your System not install the driver as Advanced Micro Legacy Devices?

Yea, drivers (Anything Graphic related except for the most basic does not get loaded, not sure about others) don't get loaded in safe mode, and it seems as though catalyst control center attempts to use a detection driver.

Ahh, ok. Just to reconfirm, the artifact is occurs when playing games and attempting to watch Flash Videos. correct?

Yea those entries was removed on purpose and should not stop driver from being loaded into the system.

Other thoughts
    I'm currently in the process of posting another Driver that's attempts to workaround the signature bug.

i was messing around with your drivers(7.7.4 and 11.3) and i came up with this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8rp2bm1cdehs72/ATI%20Catalyst%2012.11%20B11%20HotFix%2010%20P6%20V11.10.6.7.7.4All%20Supported%20OS.7z .it installs fine in both windows 7 and 8.1 .i uninstalled the amd package from program files,run driver sweeper, restarted and installed it without disable driver enforcement. and although it says in driver Not digitally signed and none of the files is it installs.weird[/QUOTE]

Downloading now, will get back to you as soon as possible.

It should still be possible to get the driver working. I'll try uploading a a highly modified version of the 10.2 driver for you Test later.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  19. fidoulou

fidoulou Member

GPU:
    msi gtx970
    the best version for my mobility hd4000

12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.7.4 thx a lot :)

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    That's great.

HD 2000-4000 Experimental Build
    For Users experiencing the Signature Bug

INSTALLATION GUIDE

Method One
    Download and Extract
    Use both Package and Driver Cleaner
    Install the Experimental Build