Nvidia GeForce 331.82 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Memorian, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    If you read the responses in this thread and similar threads concerning drivers you will notice something familiar. SLI and anyone using different internet browsers then IE are the ones that are always having issues with there games. Why even bother with SLI in the first place? I mean honestly this is a question. If it is so troublesome in games new and old I can't fathom any reason to even use it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how troublesome SLI and CFX is for PC gaming. Is it not the point in upgrading in the first place so that we don't have slow frame rates and so that all our games run the way the game makers intended?

Even if I had the cash to invest into SLI or CFX I simply would not ever do it. From what I have seen from this forum the success rate for both company's is about 60/40 hit or miss. Sorry, I just don't like odds like that. 100% or drift!

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    SLI is fantastic. Wait till you play BF4 Ultra settings with a 144hz monitor. SLI works in most games because alot of them share the same engine. Unreal, Crysis, Frostbyte and so on. Just because a game doesn't automatically have an SLI profile doesn't mean it can't be made to work. Some games do have problem at the core of the engine (Company of Heroes 2) but as I say you can make your own profile with custom SLI bits to make it work or usually if you attach the exe to an existing profile that shares the same engine.

As with anything you read on the internet, you mostly only hear about the problems, because that's what people do. Just because you read alot of negativity it does not mean SLI has alot of positivity because it does. When it works it fecking excellent. Assassin's Creed 4 is a thing on beauty on my system. I love SLI and it will be hard to go back to a single card.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    How is it 60/40 exactly?

4. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    add up the complaints LOL

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    So you pulled that number out your a$$?

6. DigitalKilla_FL

DigitalKilla_FL Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    You guys should update the benchmarks to see how much extra performance we get. Maybe some new Battlefield 4 benchmarks? :)

BF4 feels a lot better to me now with 4XMSAA.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Played 2 hours of BF4 no problems with my GTX 780 SLI at all.

Played some FFXIV: ARR no issues there to report.

Everything seems fine after I got past the failed installation bit. I just ran it again directly after and it was fine.

Still it's strange that it happened.

8. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    I am not sure how you have calculated a 60/40 hit or miss ratio like that, but calculating all the posts across all forums and coming up with a figure based on that is some pretty impressive statistical maths.

I have used SLI since the days of the voodoo and I would estimate around a 98% success rate with it, there is probably only 2-3 games which I remember that I couldn't play with SLI enabled.

If you want to run high res with high performance you need SLI, I could never run 7680x1600 on just one card.

I don't think you can really talk about the highs and lows of SLI till you have actually experienced it.

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    All good for me:) bf4 smooth as butter, reading through the thread seems like the sli 680 guys are having issues?

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Running fantastic for me in BF4, only game I have tried.

11. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Most people who bother to write anything on the driver are usually the ones with problems after the update. Most of us who update, have no issues and don't bother posting anything.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Great...but the problem is with GPU's in SLI, you can't enable GPU transcoding . A couple of drivers ago, you could just disable CUDA for one GPU in the game profile and you could enable it.

13. hazel1

hazel1 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti GM
    Good driver .running great on BF4 and AC4 ,smooth 60fps..all max using gtx780.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't feed the troll ...

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Trying out these drivers, BF4 crashed multiple times with <10minutes of gameplay.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    SLI on ?

17. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    Any GTX 660 Users out there getting better BF4 FPS with these drivers???

18. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    hey Mr. Nvidia Rep, why donesnt Nvidia include GTX660 performance increase percentages with the info?? after all BF4 Recommends this card.

19. mister_bro

mister_bro Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 650 ti Boost TF
    Battlefield 4 huge FPS Spike, Drop, increase, drop increase and then FVCK..

Fvck you increase 20% fps, FVCK YOU, revert back to 331.65

:bang:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Checked your GPU usage while playing? Guess your problem is right there.