RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Question for someone.

Does SMAA work in BF4 x64 version with RadeonPro, on Win 8.1 ?

3. grufferator

grufferator Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    I does work for me, but only the first time I launch BF4. After that it gives me an error and only a system restart helps.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Works for me, tested both Campaign and MP modes. Just leave internal rendering size at 100%.

5. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR

Do I need to download SMAA injector and copy it to radeonpro?
    Or is it implemented in RadeonPRO, and only I need to enable it?
    Because I know there is SMAA option to enable, but I'm not sure if it works. How Can i check it?

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    SMAA, is part of RP.

The only thing yo need to download is SweetFx if you are using it and point it to the directory in settings.

7. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Hello Japamd! I would like to ask you really quick something!:

You by any chance know how, or if it's possible at all in our AMD cards to to force Anti Aliasing on the game "Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed"? The game is just beautiful, but it's just a huge shame that we can only run it with FXAA. SSAA or even normal AA would leave the game much more crispy, but the game uses a Deferred Render that renders Catalyst's / RadeonPro AA and SSAA profiles useless.

Some people say and have showed off prints with the game running with AA on Nvidia cards, using a tool called "Nvidia Inspector" if i'm not mistakenly, but googling found nothing similar tou our AMD cards.

Is there a way for we on the Red side to enable AA too?

Thank you for your time answering me in advance!

8. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I'm having a weird issue with SweetFX, where for each game the "Enable SweetFX" button is ticked but it doesn't show anything in the box underneath. If I click "Import Settings" and load them again, the list of settings then appears but if I select another game and come back, or close RP to the tray, then they disappear again.

I'm running 1.1.1.0 but I'll try installing the R-series build and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Nope, still the same.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    In order to use SSAA through the driver the game must support MSAA, which doesn't seem to be the case with that Sonic game. If you manage to get MSAA working with it using an AA compatibility profile, then forced SSAA should be possible.

Your Sweetfx files might be changed in a way RadeonPro can't parse them correctly. Delete your profiles using Sweetfx and download a fresh package of Sweetfx, then recreate your profiles to see if it helps.

10. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Thanks. Should have thought to try this before actually but after reading your message I just deleted SweetFX and installed a fresh download and the profiles all work now in RP :)

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Would be great if you could make standalone version that has just v-sync and triple buffering options (and maybe post-AA options) that would work on all graphics cards. Now that would be truly awesome.

12. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Finally figured out why double v-sync won't work on many of my games.

Seems like it only works under DX10/11.

Could it be made to work with DX9?

That'd be awesome.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :D

For DX9 games it's more difficult to get double-vsync (aka half-refresh vsync) working because when RP is made aware of the game start, the device might be already created. The same applies for other D3D tweaks like forced triple-buffering.

14. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Hi! Thank you for your reply! I tried all AA compatibility profiles available in RadeonPro but none worked unfortunately. Is there more compatibility profiles available i could download, or the ones RadeonPro has on that small list are the only ones available?

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the profiles are based on the underlying game engine.

what engine does sonic use?

16. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    hi japamd. sweetfx 1.5.1 seems not working with radeonpro? im playing bfb2 with enable setting of sweetfx on radeonpro when i push toggle button to enable sweetfx nothing happen. ty for reply

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sweetfx 1.5 is not supported.

18. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I think the same goes for boulotaurs 1.4 injector? The game gets really dark if i use his injector.

19. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    ty japamd for quick response. is there any version of sweetfx that stable with readenpro that most of games works? what version of sweetfx that? ty

20. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Hi! As far as i know, it uses a proprietary engine created by SUMO DIGITAL, i don't think it uses any widely available engine. Does this mean that only a 3D guru can see what the game needs and develop a MSAA Compatibility patch for the game? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.