Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristian.a

cristian.a Guest

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    thank you.. im goin to testing.

2. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    Or you can use wget to automate the process, including a MS EULA before execution, with a checkbox to tick "Yes I agree":
    http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thats creative....

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    The users here also suggest to recompile the sample and change it a little.
    By so, it is ok to distribute it seems. I have read the license agreement on the WDK and it seems the sample code are redistribuable if compiled by us.
    Link : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...-9e29-6cbb4819730f/devcon-licensing?forum=wdk

Code:
    4.	ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.  
    a.	Distributable Code. The software contains code that you are permitted to distribute in programs you develop if you comply with the terms below.
    i.	Right to Use and Distribute. The code and text files listed below are “Distributable Code.”
    •	Sample Code. You may modify, copy, and distribute the source and object code form of code marked as “sample.”
    •	Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
    ii.	Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you distribute, you must
    •	add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
    •	for any Distributable Code having a filename extension of .lib, distribute only the results of running such Distributable Code through a linker with your program;
    •	distribute Distributable Code included in a setup program only as part of that setup program without modification;
    •	require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect it at least as much as this agreement; 
    •	display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
    •	indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs.
    From what I understand from it, I compile devcon from the sample and its ok. Ill have to add the last point to our ToS to defend Microsoft.

At least that "James" was somewhat useful. I want to play it legally. But for the report to driver fusion team, I'm still laughing a lot.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

5. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    This!

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Anyways, at least the issues has found the solution. :)

Except the Drive Fusion. :D

7. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    @wagnard

i had similiar list someone already posted here.

now i'm back to nvidia and i'll check your tool with nvidia drivers when i change them next time.

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Next version we dont use "devcon" anymore.
    I now use "ddudr" (built from the devcon sample code)

This way, from what I have read from the license agreement, it can now be distribute.

Stay tune for next update. (no eta)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ok, will always waiting for next update. :)

10. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Great to hear that, keep in mind, everyone can make a e-mail like that "James" did to you.

11. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    sorry, wrong

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Well I saw the post. And DDU remove the old monitor too already.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    wut...

14. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    used the latest ddu on my win7 install and it cleans out the registry sufficiently, just as in win8.1.
    Ccleaner doesn't find much leftovers.
    For now this will be my main uninstall tool. :thumbup:

15. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Yeah, but... Forgot to take into consideration steps that create the problem happen after the DDU. Anyhow, when I finish the whole process of the new driver installation, I'm being left with 1-2 useless Monitor device/drivers ( whatever they are ).

I don't say it's DDU's fault or something... I was simply being fool and that's why I removed the suggestion.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Monitor Inf's can never be removed completely because they get re-installed after a new driver is loaded into the system. Therefore DDU is only capable of reducing it. This should be the same for any other cleaner unless it deliberately removes the monitor driver.

Other Thoughts
    Wagnard do you plan to implement a full registry application Cleanup in which the Cleaner removes all installed application? It would help users who experience application crashes due to left behind registries.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    By full application clean-up YYou mean anything not driver related, like games and normal app?
    For the moment DDU is meant for Driver clean-up only. I don't think I'll push this to all applications.

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Well, not exactly in that sense. More on an MSI installer level. Find msi installations then uninstall them via registry. Files and folders will still exist, however user will be able to reinstall the application.

19. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    That's what I'm talking about and the reason I removed the suggestion in the first place. All clear :)

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Release 9.5
    Changelog:

-DDU does not use DEVCON anymore but DDUDR (made from the sample code of DEVCON to respect microsoft license)

-Fixed some typos in the .cfg files that prevented the cleaning of some files

-Added more protection to folder removal.

-Updated some language (thanks to the usuals contributors.)

-updated the way DDU cleaned package for NVIDIA to be more selective (avoid the removal of the Tegra developer kit and possibly others)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.