Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nice, even without the console it's still nice to have, reminds me of the days of reading the manual for the game on the way home after buying it.
    Good times :)

Confused as didn't think you liked COD, even more so as the PC version would be so much better on your card.

EDIT: Just remembered, is this a living room game for you?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.... but it's torture!!!

[​IMG]

Couldn't imagine having the game THREE weeks before the console. damn.

Edit: Just saw this picture posted on the Amazon Video Game's facebook page:

[​IMG]

That..... is a lot of PS4's. Hard to tell how many PS4's are there per pallet, since you can't see anything past the first stacks.... but assuming there's at LEAST 40 per pallet. That's about $16,000 each pallet. Seems like there's probably at least 30 pallets... if not more (who knows if those pallets wrapped in blue shrink wrap are also PS4's). That's over $480,000 in PS4's. Damn.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There we go .. a better version of that image :p

4. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    lol. took me a few seconds to notice. Kept sitting here thinking "what.... a smaller version?"

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    haha! Same here when I saw it on GAF :D

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There are 54 PS4s on each palette

You can see 2 x 3 'blocks' of what appears to be 9 PS4s per 'block'. 2 x 3 x 9 = 54.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it will be a "living room" game on a large screen HDTV with surround sound and away from the 'small' (well relatively speaking) 24" screen and 2.1 speaker setup I have for my PC.

To be honest, I wouldn't have bought Call of Duty at all this year if it hadn't been for the new consoles but I confess to liking the footage I've seen of the campaign so far and I always like to try at least one Call of Duty on the consoles (I bought Call of Duty 2 for my Xbox 360 back in December 2005 for example). I'm not big on multiplayer, as you may know, but I may try the Deathmatch modes at some point.

I always get 'newgametitis' when I buy any new consoles and try to play and/or buy as many as I can just to get a sense of what the systems are capable of.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way, I was reading this month's gamesTM last night on my iPad and it had a screenshot showing how big the PS4 and Xbox One are relative to each other. I knew the Xbox One was big but, dear lord, it's positively gigantic compared with the PS4 and I'm wondering where the hell I'm going to put mine as, unlike the PS4 which I'm getting a stand for, the Xbox One cannot be stood vertically. Seriously, the Xbox One is huuuuuuuuuuge!

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Look more closely. The front two stacks on the pallets are a little bit higher than the back 4 stacks we can't see. They're not stacked in the same way.

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

11. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Hi all ive preordered my ps4 on game.uk site they have gave me an email saying ive got so many days left to pay!. Im trying to find away to phone them to pay but all I get is an automated robot!!!
    So how the f..k do I pay!!!

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably need to wait a week or so to find out about Europe.

The $10 voucher is nice, the other two "freebies" are just a sales ploys to attract more customers to subscribe to those services.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If you pre-ordered it from GAME using a credit or debit card then the money should automatically be taken when they start processing the orders. I pre-ordered my PS4 and Xbox One from ShopTo.net and they start taking the money from tomorrow (9th) but I have the option on my account of paying it now if I want.

15. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Yer I paid the £20 deposit and it's says pay the balance within 3 days!!
    Only option I have is stupid paypal.
    The email does state other payment methods by contacting customer support but its just a robot the other end...ive even sent a bloody email 2 days ago stating my details and invoice number! !
    What a **** company. ..should of went with asda. .

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The small size of the boxes reminds me of how large the old NES box was by comparison. But you got a lot more stuff packed in consoles back in dem days.

The most common size pallet is 3x3 ft. Which from photo looks exactly like what we have at work and likely these are placed back to back so a fork lift can pick each side of the pallet up from only one end. So looks to me like 2 rows of pallets all the way down as you suggest.
    But notice the higher stack has some open boxes, those are not PS4 boxes it seems.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  18. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Good ole Francis....:banana:

19. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's to be expected. Basically if someone is a complete dick head ( or mentally messed up) to other players, then they might get monitored. You would have to do something very messed up for a long period to get to that point. Wanting to kill other players or blow something up, stuff like that. This is the world we live in now, too many retards online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.